• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIVE (TwoTribes' 2D Shooter) confirmed for Steam, PS4, Wii U and XB1

L~A

Our 2D shooter RIVE is now confirmed for Steam, Playstation 4, Wii U and Xbox One! 2trib.es/rive #EGX

Just confirmed. Only PC and Wii U are in-house, PS4 and XB1 will be ported by a partner.

We'll be handling PC and Wii U in-house and working closely with a porting partner for PS4 and Xbox One.

All versions will be awesome!

Actually we did 90% of the Playstation 4 technology late last year when we were porting Toki 2 to it. But we'll let someone else finish it.

TimmiT

I played this game at Gamescom and really enjoyed it, I hope for them that it's more successful than Toki Tori 2.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I played this game at Gamescom and really enjoyed it, I hope for them that it's more successful than Toki Tori 2.

really? and they still have to show the first trailer?
btw, I usually like their output, let's see this one!

rjc571

Banned
XB1 version outsourced? This better not hold back the releases of the other versions. If MS wants them to delay the other versions so the Xbox has release date parity, they should tell them to piss off. MS is in no position to be making such demands from publishers.

XB1 version outsourced? This better not hold back the releases of the other versions. If MS wants them to delay the other versions so the Xbox has release date parity, they should tell them to piss off. MS is in no position to be making such demands from publishers.

MS dont seem to be that strict on it, considering some games not being day and date on XB1 with other platforms.

TheMoon

Excite! Toki Tori 2 was one of last year's best games so I'm very excited for this. The trailer already looked pretty cool!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Got to play an early build, was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, given that the devs don't have much pedigree when it comes to action games. Keep an eye on this one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

This is so conspiratorial

Input: we are releasing our game on four platforms and working with outsourcing partners on two of them

Output: what if MS is forcing them to delay the release on other platforms fuck MS Xbox one is losing how dare they

There's no evidence the outsourcing work requires a delay of the game and there's no evidence that the parity clause is in play and impacting the release schedule of the game.

fred

Microsoft only 'reserve the right' to refuse licencing for games that release on other platforms earlier. Publishers and developers have always had the power to release games whenever they want, this is why so many of us were so pissed off with the delay to Rayman Legends on the Wii U.

Well, that's a damn shame.

It's one of the best puzzlers ever made. Yes, ever made.
Agreed.

It really should be on everything under the sun.first game in a loooooong time that actually has respect for it's player's intelligence. Some people found this 'confusing' unfortunately. I guess some can't appreciate good game design, everything needs to be pointed out. :(

Top Bottom