• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 - More Than 1 Hour of New Gameplay (PS4) - Open World/Campaign/Co-op + More

I love how the Videogamer interview with the creative director manages to bring up parity, suggests it 1080p on Xbox One with a slightly unconvincing answer though

Is there parity across all the systems then...?

AH: Yeah, so for gameplay, what you're doing... There are a few more encounters on next-gen, but that's in the emergent part, not in the core missions or any of the story.

Right, okay. And on next-gen, is it running at 900p, 1080p or...?

AH: It's 1080. I have to get you the exact numbers because it's too technical for me which version of this it is, but yes, on both.

Movement, animations, grass... Everything feels like a 100% copy of FC3. Ubisoft quality.

... Even the stupid reinforcements bar, lol.

i-Lo

The LoD transitions are a bit jarring in the Co-op video. Perhaps the devs can bring the resolution down to 900p and invest that power in better transitions.

jacobeid

Banned
I'm very excited for this game. I don't think I'll be able to get to it this year though with TeW, Bayo, Sunset, and Smash :(

Probably the perfect January game before Bloodborne.

Raptor

Warming up for this one, out of nowhere.

Just need confirmation that this being on PS4 has no microstuttering and Im set.

FC3 360 was abysmal on the performance department Jeez.

i-Lo

Looks like them light-shafts be pre-baked.

On a more positive note, while we will seldom see the player character, at the least he does not possess a generic face born of amalgamation of several people, aka Aiden Pearce.

ezekial45

Banned
Here's an extended preview article that goes really in-depth. While it does follow the formula Far-Cry 3 had, they seemed to have included a lot of elements that will make the game more dynamic and interesting for the long haul.

http://www.destructoid.com/far-cry-4-features-a-more-dynamic-and-vibrant-open-world-282498.phtml

One thing I hated about FC3 was that it would turn into a ghost town after finishing all the missions. But the new content in FC4, weekly hunting challenges, Karma Missions, and the enemies looking to retake territory, puts me at ease for this game.

Kezen

Banned
Dat super thick HBAO.

Yep, its Far Cry 3 alright.

At least the PC version will support a much more advanced AO technique.

GameWorks-Far-Cry-4-(3)_575px.jpg

Seems to be a lot like Far Cry 3, which is good and bad. I got bored with FC3 after a while. It'll be interesting to see how they mix it up this time.

Nizz

Warming up for this one, out of nowhere.

Just need confirmation that this being on PS4 has no microstuttering and Im set.

FC3 360 was abysmal on the performance department Jeez.
This is what I'm waiting to hear about also, performance. I might unfortunately have to wait for a Digital Foundry face off before I bite on this one. I skipped FC3 on PS3 when I saw how bad the framerate was.

If this is a locked 99% of the time 30fps then I'll get it. It looks good to me.

Just FYI because I didn't know this til Dean Evans tweeted it, but Cliff Martinez is apparently scoring the game.

For those that don't know, Cliff Martinez is the rock and roll hall of fame inductee for his time as the drummer of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers AND the composer for films such as: Drive, Traffic, Contagion, Only God Forgives, Solaris, etc etc.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
This look ''meh'' not that impressive or is it just me?

you're not the only one, it looks boring because there just doesn't seem to be enough human interaction. it would be nice if you had an AI controlled party member or something to make the journey a little less "walk around, shoot village, go to the next area"

this game looks like it will get old fast IMO

Skipping through the first video. Towers to climb? Outposts to liberate? Check. Jepp, it's Far Cry in all his repetitiveness.

Mass One

I am definitely missing the context as to why the player nude; the guards are topless; but the enemies aren't either. Anyways, the gunplay with the standard weapons looks generic and uninteresting but it still could be fun like FC2.

AsfaeksBR

Day 1.
I'll probably do the first few missions to get the taste of the game, then I'll spend hours flying with the gyrocopter to unlock all the communication towers.

dex3108

Environments are beautiful but game is 70% FC3 and 30% new stuff. Small evolution of FC3 formula so who loved FC3 he/she will love this too. :D

Still i wanted better co-op than this it looks boring.

Top Bottom