• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 - More Than 1 Hour of New Gameplay (PS4) - Open World/Campaign/Co-op + More

R_Deckard

Warming up for this one, out of nowhere.

Just need confirmation that this being on PS4 has no microstuttering and Im set.

FC3 360 was abysmal on the performance department Jeez.

This is what I'm waiting to hear about also, performance. I might unfortunately have to wait for a Digital Foundry face off before I bite on this one. I skipped FC3 on PS3 when I saw how bad the framerate was.

If this is a locked 99% of the time 30fps then I'll get it. It looks good to me.

I played this a few weeks ago on PS4 and it was absolutely rock solid 30 at 1080 and the AA solution (HRAA) is one of the best yet a really clean game that even with 10 guys on screen a helicopter and explosions it never dropped a beat was really impressed.

No issues at all with screen tear, performance was bob on and game was a load of fun.

I played this a few weeks ago on PS4 and it was absolutely rock solid 30 at 1080 and the AA solution (HRAA) is one of the best yet a really clean game that even with 10 guys on screen a helicopter and explosions it never dropped a beat was really impressed.

No issues at all with screen tear, performance was bob on and game was a load of fun.

was there a lot of input lag/delay? i mean it's 30fps after all and thats not really fantastic for an fps

tusken77

Platinumed Far Cry 3 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to this first person Uncharted 2 on PS4.

aravuus

As others have mentioned, looks like FC3

Which is one of my favorite SP FPS games of last gen. So, perfectly fine with that.

Watched a couple of the gamersyde videos... unfortunately I must say that this game looks really uninteresting to me. I've played Far Cry 3 two times (360 and PC), maybe I'm burned out a little on the Far Cry format, I don't know. The Elephant fight looked pretty dull and overall the game feels like it's Far Cry 3 with different textures.

Not giving up on the game as this was only my first impression here but I definately don't feel like I need to play this game in the near future.

Nizz

That's good to hear. I haven't played a Far Cry game since 2, I'm eager to jump back into the series.

Raptor

All I needed to hear, thank you.

One thing this games nail is the gun sounds, jesus christ that loud as hell sniper was very cool and to kill a enemy on a jeep with a headshot a hundred yards of distance was like O_O

This will be the shooter for me this holidays!

SJRB

Gold Member
Jesus, whoever is playing is fucking TERRIBLE.

Been watching for 15 minutes but I'm done. I can't watch this anymore.

hawk2025

Framerate is terrible, it's like constant ~25fps.

Who's right?

Vidpixel

This game is looking quite awesome. Improved Far Cry 3 gameplay + the absence of Jason Brody = a winning combo to me.

Shredderi

The game is actually taking place before the events of Far Cry 3 and will end with our hero sitting in a bar that is located on some tropical setting far away from Kyrat. He finds himself chatting with a mohawk haired young man and tells him what after all the madness he has seen he thinks is the very definition of insanity. The mohawk haired guy thinks Ajay is bullshitting him and the game cuts to the credits.

Guy.brush

I believe you can do any open world stuff co-op, but not story. At least that was the case during the last round of previews.
Ah, that's good enough I guess. Thanks! :D

See above.

Bummer. Why is it always Ubisoft games that do that? If I buy a game like FarCry4 to play with a buddy, I don't want to play alone for 10+ hours to go through the story part and then we can join up. Same with Blacklist or soon AC: Unity.
If they go so far and implement co-op, why not for the story? Seems like a waste.
I don't even care if the second player is acknowledged in cinematics or not, who cares, but this two-tiered campaign stuff for single and coop is a big turn-off for me. Even Hawx had that if I remember correctly. Not buying games with only a part of the content playable via coop.

Attended the media event last week and co-oped with Nick from Game Revolution. We managed to clear a hard level fortress with zero detection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiMVt-ETvkg

Awesome dude, this is how you play this game. Stealth all the way.

Visuals look exrtemely impressive for PS4, but one thing that sticks out and always does is the lack of quality AF. Texture filtering really takes a nose dive about 5 feet in front of the player.

Other than that looks beautiful.

Wow, riding on an elephant looks terrible XD

Who though it was a good idea to have an elephant that behaves like a gravity gun throwing stuff around?

jet1911

sanstitre2vja3.png

Magic ropes?

The sound of the AK is pretty bad too.

Is that the Preussian march "Koenigsgraetzer" in the radio? Are you fighting Nazis in this?
Question: Is the campaign fully playable in co-op mode or is it just separate missions?

I thought it was Nazi march music was well! I have played enough to get a proper context to criticize its use.

Generally speaking, you can play anything co-op except for the story missions. I'm usually a solo player, but I think I might make an exception with FC4 and play as much co-op as possible.

I don't know.

This stuff does not hype me in the slightest because it just looks like another Far Cry 3 with prettier graphics.

There is nothing new to the gameplay that makes me say it will be worth the Day 1 purchase.

slapnuts

Game looks like a super fun game and visuals "to me at least" look VERY nice...I don't agree with some people saying the graphics are not impressive, they are.

Top Bottom