• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN downagain...this is unbearable

SkylineRKR

DDoS =/= Hacking. DDoS attacks are incredibly difficult to combat. Riot was effected by them a few months ago for many weeks and I don't think they ever got them under control. The group simply stopped attacking.

The downtime a few months ago was due to DDoS. I don't know if this is an attack or just incompetence, which is why I was asking.

MS must be an even bigger target given their legacy, but they manage fine. Sony just didn't change shit when they became a Pay service.

Einbroch

Banned
But yet MS was also DDOSed and didn't suffer anywhere near what Sony did.

That's because the LizardSquad specifically went after Sony the hardest. They tweeted about Sony. Sony retaliated by "bringing them to justice".

Some might still be mad and attacking Sony still.

Not saying these are the same, but all DDoS attacks are not created equal.

Tak3n

Banned
Whooooooo Pony!

Checklist..

PS4 Owners wants.

1. A console more powerful than Xbox One....... Check

2. To beat MS in sales....... Check

3. To be able to continually take the piss out of Xbox one only playing at 900p... Check

4. To be able to play the PS4............ FUCK!!

Confirmed MS pays for PSN to be down constantly!

cant have it all chaps!

DJ88

Data? The only time I could not get on the PSN since the PS4 launch was the DDoS attacks, for one day.

Since Destiny launched it's been down way too often.

I don't understand these kinds of posts. You might be lucky and just haven't tried using PSN when it's been down, but you're posting in a thread where several others are experiencing the same issues. Do you think all these people are just making it up for no reason?

PSN downagain...this is unbearable

PSN server issues

PSN/PS+ server issues

PSN might be melting

Fruitster

Oh bloody hell, again? This is becoming a far too regular occurance lately. This type of thing was irritating enough when PSN was free. Maintenance or not, PSN is down far too often for a paid service.

Jomjom

Banned
That's because the LizardSquad specifically went after Sony the hardest. They tweeted about Sony. Sony retaliated by "bringing them to justice".

Some might still be mad and attacking Sony still.

Not saying these are the same, but all DDoS attacks are not created equal.

I'm pretty sure the same LizardSquad also expressly stated they were going after MS too right?

Ape

Banned
I'm not surprised. This is a regular thing now with PSN. Even Nintendo Network is light years ahead in connection reliability not to mention Xbox Live. If I'm only on PS4 then I would be crossing my fingers every time it checks for the internet. Maybe that would help.

De_Legend

Banned
Whooooooo Pony!

Checklist..

PS4 Owners wants.

3. To be able to continually take the piss out of Xbox one only playing at 900p... Check

cant have it all chaps!

Pony?

And you can play games even with the online being down, you know?

Boke1879

Seems most people in this thread are ignoring this.

It's down for maintenance people.

It's definitely and unscheduled maintenance then. They just had one on Monday. Which makes this even more ridiculous.

Also I think the AskPlaystation twitter account said they were investigating the issues. So I wonder if anyone even knows what's going on.

Zareka

Just a reminder that PSN is free.

PSN is not PS+

PS+ is not PSN.
You gotta pay PS+ for multiplayer on PS4, which is what most people who're actually mad about PSN being down will use it for.
Did someone say un-bear-able?

bWsPs1f.gif
Teddie_Costume_Blush.png

alienator

PS+ being down today for me is the greatest thing that happened today for me, as it forced me to unwrap alien isolation from its shrinkwrap (bought it at lauch ...) , and have spend 3 great hours with it.

Screw u Destiny, u turned me into a grinding drug addict for loot.

Pit

I posted this in the other PSN thread:

I'm really enjoying my PS4, but with how terrible PSN has been and how slow and rudimentary the UI still is, I've been seriously considering an Xbone.

Yup. Feeling this way more and more.

You do realize that Xbox live was down just yesterday or the day before? This is what happens in the always online world. Yes lately it's been happenig a bit more to PSN but it's nothing as extreme as unbearable or unacceptable.

EDIT: sorry it was the friends list not all of live

Jomjom

Banned
Not to the same extent as they were with PSN.

I don't know that any of us can say that with certainty. All we know is that the same organization was going after both PSN and XBL.

and it just had maintenance on monday.

This too.

I will never understand why some people immediately go to defend something that is indefensible. Silence and blindly shielding companies when they screw up fixes nothing!

Iorv3th

If it's for maintenance why put that tweet out about acknowledging people having problems and "investigating"?

Did you miss the part on the japanese blog post that someone had translated/posted.

"2014年10月17日(金) 01:00 ~ 07:00 (予定)
=
10/16/2014 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. Pacific Time

And it says that PSN may be inaccessible during these 6 hours."

That is during this time period.

Famassu

What do we even pay for? The servers are so damn bad.
You get 6 games monthly, cloud saves, online gaming etc. PSN works perfectly fine most of the time. I've only had trouble connecting to PSN once since I got it in February, these problems are greatly exaggerated.

You do realize that Xbox live was down just yesterday or the day before? This is what happens in the always online world. Yes lately it's been happenig a bit more to PSN but it's nothing as extreme as unbearable or unacceptable.

Live wasn't down, the friends list was bugged

th4tguy

PS+ being down today for me is the greatest thing that happened today for me, as it forced me to unwrap alien isolation from its shrinkwrap (bought it at lauch ...) , and have spend 3 great hours with it.

Screw u Destiny, u turned me into a grinding drug addict for loot.

It made me play The Evil Within!. I tried to hop on Destiny to try and find a heroic weekly group.....nope.

cakely

Unbearable? Really? I would go with something more like "Inconvenient".

Otherwise, how are you going to describe the sensation when you lose your hand in a freak lawnmower accident?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Seriously though it's getting annoying just hearing about it constantly, I can't even imagine how it feels to pay for this shit.

It is like a void in my soul having to pay for PSN....it just makes the void larger when it is not available.

Whooooooo Pony!

Checklist..

PS4 Owners wants.

cant have it all chaps!

The hell? lol

Why bother stirring up shit.

BadHand

Pony?

And you can play games even with the online being down, you know?

When PSN was down on Monday, all my digital offline games were locked.

"Cannot connect to authentication server to verify license"

They started fine when PSN was online again.

Sony better get a handle on this fast. The server demand is only going to grow as we head into the holidays. This had better become a major Task Force on their end or they risk eroding the goodwill have built this gen.

Sarobi

Banned
I don't know that any of us can say that with certainty. All we know is that the same organization was going after both PSN and XBL.

No certainty, but the fact that they targeted PSN first and threatened a Sony employee for days kind of seems like they were more in favor of messing with them.

Majmun

Seriously though it's getting annoying just hearing about it constantly, I can't even imagine how it feels to pay for this shit.

It's great! Lots of free games for my Ps4, Ps3 and Vita. And great discounts ^_^

I'm not interested in online gaming and still think that PS+ offers great value.

But I do understand the frustration coming for the people who play online all the time. Sony should fix this asap.

meppi

Whooooooo Pony!

Checklist..

PS4 Owners wants.

cant have it all chaps!

Real nice! Bravo

Jomjom

Banned
Did you miss the part on the japanese blog post that someone had translated/posted.

"2014年10月17日(金) 01:00 ~ 07:00 (予定)
=
10/16/2014 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. Pacific Time

And it says that PSN may be inaccessible during these 6 hours."

That is during this time period.

If that's really the case, then the Sony reps in the west need to do a better job of knowing the status of their own network, because they seem to think it's an unanticipated problem with the network.

Also of course I missed that - it's in Japanese. I live in the US, I'm not going to know to read a Japanese blog post and then know to google translate it to know what the heck it's possibly telling me about PSN in the US.

Top Bottom