• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaked Game Board Mode and Stage Builder for Super Smash Bros U.

Hatchtag

Banned
When Brawl came out, I was bummed Rocket Slime didn't make it in, so one of the first things I did was make a stage shaped like a slime with ice blocks, an opening at the top, and spikes for eyes. Was actually a pretty fun cage match type stage. Probably gonna recreate it immediately in Smash Wii U.

georly

Why'd you completely remove it? You need to remove custom stages to run the Smash Stack exploit, sure, but you can move them to an SD, have a separate SD run the exploit, and then put everything back. And then there's a patch you can add to PM to put back in all of your custom stages! So I've made several - there's still a few good things you can do in Brawl's Stage Builder, and I've saved them all.

I think I backed them up, but who knows where that backup is at this point.

Some of the bitching in this thread is cartoonishly exaggerated. But that's what ya get when you talk about childrens' toys on the Internet, I guess.

georly

This is the opposite of truth. Monopoly is a scourge that gives board games a bad name.

House rules for monopoly give monopoly a bad name. Play it by the rules and it's loads of fun and lasts 1/10th as long. It's all about shutting down your opponents as quickly and efficiently as possible. It's much harder to do when they're constantly getting free money for no reason.

Thorakai

I hope the game board mode provides bonuses/penalties more impactful than the stat boosts in Smash Run. I can get more excited about getting a permanent metal box boost or having my opponent slowly damaged by a flower than +/- attack.

PBalfredo

Even if the stage builder is as barebones as it was in Brawl, that still means I can recreate Saffron City again, and that makes me very, very happy.

I just want some co-op modes.

I understand that the 3DS version was geared more towards a single-player experience, but I REALLY want something co-op. That's why I actually liked Subspace Emissary. None of my friends IRL want to play Smash with me anymore because I kick their asses too much.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Maybe you'll actually get to "draw" custom stages, rather than just connecting blocks together.

Maybe.

Probably not.

EhoaVash

Lol its totally going to be offline if anything

..still can't believe I got suckered into getting $40 demo

...I kid I kid lolol

(sorry for quoting the whole thread haha :p)

Smash is still there. My problem is that its clear that the focus of the games is more on the "minigames everywhere side" after each game. I gave my opinion about this yesterday in the other thread. I would like to be able to play smash, without disabling most things, with a proper balance between the "chaotic" and "normal" side of smash. Smash only works when theres a balance. If the 3ds version is any indication, that balance is missing.

I think there's plenty of emphasis on the Vs mode. In Smash 64, I loved Board The Platforms. In Melee, I literally spent more time in Home Run Contest than Vs mode. In Brawl, I loved the Stage Builder. The minigames were what kept me interested when I didn't have friends available.

I just want some co-op modes.

I understand that the 3DS version was geared more towards a single-player experience, but I REALLY want something co-op. That's why I actually liked Subspace Emissary. None of my friends IRL want to play Smash with me anymore because I kick their asses too much.
Smash 3DS did have some co-op modes, though, so the Wii U version should have some good stuff too, if not a lot more stuff.

Top Bottom