• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Avatar Costume Party! | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
Not my finest work, but for 10 minutes it's aiight.

cLktmXP.jpg

Nice! Thanks!

Anyone wanna try to put a little witch hat on my bunny?

If I could, I'd put a witch hat & make it hold a pumpkin but I'm not experienced enough in Photoshop to do it myself :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What can I do to mine to make it Halloweenish for tomorrow?

Coreda

i'm gonna miss the halloween avatars. :( oh well at least the xmas avatars are coming soon.

Some of the best variants come from Halloween, for sure. Occasionally some variants are used throughout the year, I can remember a few (including my own :p).

Venture

Here's a few last minute ideas if anyone wants a complete avatar change for the day. Just some pictures I came across that caught my eye.
ng_halloween1.png
ng_halloween1b.png
ng_halloween2.png
ng_halloween3b.png
ng_halloween4.png
ng_halloween6.png

Last one is the original cleaned a bit for dark theme.
I love the little stains on the face in the middle one.

Brakke

Banned
i'm gonna miss the halloween avatars. :( oh well at least the xmas avatars are coming soon.

I considered doing my standard in Thanksgiving style but basically that was just going to be a stupid black hat. Instead I think I'll spend all November perfecting Saint Nick The Wizard.

Coreda

Coreda - Did you draw the witch hat & pumpkin for mine? I'm curious how you made it so perfect haha :)

It's pretty much the only way to fit such things well. Most of the avatars have hand drawn elements, although often not as obvious.

Sharing some of Oberon's brilliant skeleton variety from the Super Best Friends threads for posterity:

aLO9C0k.png
8QV4JDy.png
u6gjVge.png
xoQQsU2.png

(Left to right: Seraphis Cain, Mrgoodwill, Okingjrr, Alfebit)

Great stuff all around.

drspeedy

Ha the irony, simple I like it.

LOL who is that? queen of england as yoda? :D

Thanks guys!

Haha! Believe it or not, that's your avatars eyes and mouth over a Yoda cosplay. So hideous I lold making it.

But it's eerily similar to Elizabeth as Yoda!

Alfebit

Banned
It's pretty much the only way to fit such things well. Most of the avatars have hand drawn elements, although often not as obvious.

Sharing some of Oberon's brilliant skeleton variety from the Super Best Friends threads for posterity:

aLO9C0k.png
8QV4JDy.png
u6gjVge.png
xoQQsU2.png

(Left to right: Seraphis Cain, Mrgoodwill, Okingjrr, Alfebit)

Great stuff all around.

Oh hey it's me!

Oberon does fantastic work.

Coreda

So yay, another awesome Halloween thread! Major thanks to everyone who contributed - especially Venture, Abe Bly, thecouncil, Brakke, and FillerB. Was a fun thread full of novel concepts and surprises, and a rather huge turn out, haha.

It's always interesting to me seeing WIP gifs, so thought I'd share a few from this Halloween. Probably not that exciting (or necessarily accurate :p), but I'm usually curious seeing how things come together, so some may enjoy them :)

wipanimatedsequence2552sxx.gif
wipanimatedsequence25pjsov.gif
wipanimatedsequence2554sfe.gif
wipanimatedsequence251gs1c.gif
wipanimatedsequence25e1shg.gif

wipanimatedsequence25hvslj.gif

Venture

This was a lot of fun. I don't think it's been mentioned yet but the title graphic in the OP is really terrific.

I'm definitely going to hold on to Organic Energy deprived Salesman for next year. Fortunately he devoured, err, obtained enough Magnetite to keep his bank open and stay safe for humans for another year.

image.php

Kater

Banned
Thank you for all the great work, avatar creator people! 😄

And thanks again to Venture for making my Halloween avatar. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom