• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Does anyone here (maybe someone who worked on the game) know if Kevin VanOrd is okay? He worked on the game and made a concerning tweet. Just hoping he's alright

Edit: he's alright

bati

Sorry for the bump but I recently got into this game again and I'm determined to actually finish it this time. To that end I rolled a dual LW party (2h + ranger) on classic but it got a little easy by the end of act 1. Previously my best attempt was slogging through to the middle of act 2 (also with two LWs). I'm looking for a good 4 man party setup, preferably with 2h, ranger and maybe 2 mages so I don't have to vendor any int gear. Any suggestions? I was thinking hydro/aero and fire/geo but I'm afraid it's gonna end up as counter synergy (water cancelling out fire and vice versa). Fwiw my main's gonna be Fane (again lol, I pick him every time). Other companions will most likely be Ifan (ranger), Red Prince (2h) and Lohse (one of the mages).

nowhat

(instead of another LTTP thread, I'll just necrobump this one instead)

I bought this off the PSN Halloween sale instead of clearing my backlog (which does include the original Original Sin as well... probably should start over than one, but I digress). So far have been enjoying myself. But while it's clear this is first and foremost a PC game, and I'm not expecting stellar controls, there are two things that seriously bother me. One, is it really not possible to adjust the camera angle, other than zooming with the right stick? And two, is there really no way for me to change characters when for example equipping gear? I feel like I must be missing something with the controls (on PS4, obviously), both should be pretty much given.

John2290

Woo, I finally found this OT after wading through religion and early access threads.

Finished it recently after taking a two year hiatus on my 100+ hour classic save file and starting from scratch two months back. It took 80 hours, lowering the difficulty to Explorer to avoid loosing a hour to a fight and some real effort to get past that bland and by the numbers act three that in my opinion should just be shaved down to the academy and fill the roll of a minor pacing break with act 4 being relabeled as act 3.
Regardless of some hiccups the game is just fantastic and now I'm left with a big gaming void cause nothing can fill DOS2's shoes, I'm trying Pillars and Baldurs gate but they don't even hold a candle to Larians brilliance. Can't wait for BG3 cause this and the DOS are up there with TW3 for best game of all time. Hell, I might even start a tactician file and play really slowly until BG3 drops.

Sentenza

Best thing about BG3 is that on paper it sounds like a bigger, better Original Sin that will correct all the things the past Larian titles handled poorly by the mere virtue of being based on D&D rather than on their shitty, half assed rule set.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I put a measly 5 in back when it came out. I didn’t enjoy the starting area then and wound up putting it away. BG3 has me thirsting for a great crpg experience so I started over. 20 hours in now and absolutely loving the gameplay. Combat was tough as hell in the beginning but I’ve gotten quite adept now. Looking forward to the rest of the game.

Top Bottom