• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 | New Previews Are coming up

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • All Journalists who got to play the game are very impressed with the game.
  • IGN,VG247 think it's GOTY contender.
  • Game Runs uncapped at around 30 FPS
  • Game has no resolution modes on console. Runs at 4K only.
  • Some Side-quests are time limited like in DD1
  • You can't swim
  • Stamina is unlimited outside of combat
  • Griffons are very common enemies.
  • You can still recruit random generated pawns across the world
  • The game has indeed only 10 vocations (Eurogamer)
  • There are no quest markers above NPC heads
  • You have 4 abilities tied to your vocation which you can use in combat by pressing L1
  • Game is super packed with things to do (Gamerant)
  • There will be some minor differences depending on which race you pick as your Arisen
  • The game has an endgame content (But it wasn't accessible in the demo). Itsuno says more on it will be shared later.
  • Armor system in the game have been simplified from DD1
  • Body size and build will not impact places you can access this time, but will stiil affect everything else.
  • There’s indirect collaboration with other players
  • The game is harder than the previous one

Videos

Blogposts

Last edited:
Previews looking great. FF7 Rebirth and Unicorn Overlord will keep me busy this whole month of March so let's see if I can somehow make some time for Dragon's Dogma 2 as well.

ogNrt6xjoxcgp7z0v_1Zi6kGgyudHMNcWrySOCR-Du3c5I89xRUDxF2fMeh5o0WwhxuQCNGoMjDrhB9L7Pa0n2HOmd8Ff4mEUOCJsUyQlew

Last edited:

ssringo

You have 4 abilities tied to uour vocation which you can use in combat by pressing L1
Oh my god holy shit. I'm sorry but I'm laughing so hard at this one. I don't want to watch any previews unless someone can confirm there's no major spoilers but is this supposed to be different than the first game?

Luipadre

PC version it is then. I can get it way cheaper and probably gonna run atleast twice the framerate of the PS5 version

Wtf ...when they mentioned uncapped framerate I took that to mean they'd have a fidelity mode at 30 fps capped and an optional uncapped mode ...

If this 30 fps uncapped is the only mode this has to be one of the dumbest decisions ever

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Oh my god holy shit. I'm sorry but I'm laughing so hard at this one. I don't want to watch any previews unless someone can confirm there's no major spoilers but is this supposed to be different than the first game?

In the first game, almost every vocation actually had access to 6 skills at a time (L1 and R1). Warrior was the exception, being able to equip only 3 skills at once.

splattered

Looks pretty good... comes out the 22nd? Is this cross-play/multiplayer? Would be great to play this with the wife and son...

Quezacolt

Looks pretty good... comes out the 22nd? Is this cross-play/multiplayer? Would be great to play this with the wife and son...
The game doesn't have coop. You can summon npc's created by other players to join your party, but it's only that, an npc.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I was on the fence, leaning toward yes until I saw uncapped 30fps, no swimming, and time limited side quests. Bye 👋

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Will be hard to abstain from these previews.

Skifi28

Imagine having swimming in games 10+ years ago and then being okay with it missing here. And still can’t hit a locked 30fps 🤦‍♂️😂
I could also fly in kingdom hearts on the ps2, but I won't be missing it here either. It just doesn't seem like a big deal, the game is all about exploration on foot and combat. I imagine there also won't be mounts to ride which is fairly common in most open world games, but I also didn't miss them on the first game.

Edit: You can't swim in Elden ring either, but I didn't see anyone making a big fuss about it.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I could also fly in kingdom hearts on the ps2, but I won't be missing it here either. It just doesn't seem like a big deal, the game is all about exploration on foot and combat. I imagine there also won't be mounts to ride which is fairly common in most open world games, but I also didn't miss them on the first game.

Edit: You can't swim in Elden ring either, but I didn't see anyone making a big fuss about it.
Oh, I made a big fuss about Elden Ring as well, but we know how that goes. It’s always “git gud” as a response regardless if you talk about difficulty or anything else about it. I don’t necessarily want to swim in this game, but where is the reason why I should play it? The gameplay looks dull, the environment looks dull, now we are confirming that it’s going to run like shit…plus there are questionable design decisions with gameplay as well…what do you want me to say? Game of the generation? I don’t understand how so many people blind follow because of a game title.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Oh, I made a big fuss about Elden Ring as well, but we know how that goes. It’s always “git gud” as a response regardless if you talk about difficulty or anything else about it. I don’t necessarily want to swim in this game, but where is the reason why I should play it. The gameplay looks dull, the environment looks dull, now we are confirming that it’s going to run like shit…plus there are questionable design decisions with gameplay as well…what do you want me to say? Game of the generation? I don’t understand how so many people blind follow because of a game title.
I was specifically commenting on the swimming thing which is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. If you don't like anything else about the game fair enough, you do you, but many fans of the first game seem quite excited technical hurdles aside.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I was specifically commenting on the swimming thing which is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. If you don't like anything else about the game fair enough, you do you, but many fans of the first game seem quite excited technical hurdles aside.
I’m a huge fan of the first game myself. That’s why I’m so passionate about what’s going on here. This seems like a “throw an idea against the wall and add the title” type situation here. It legitimately feels like there is no heart behind this project.

The more I think about this uncapped 30 fps situation the more I think this has to be some kind of April Fools joke ...lol

When we heard about it being "uncapped", we all thought that would mean they weren't able to hit 60 fps but that it would probably run between 40-60 ...kind of like Sekiro did back on the ps4 pro and xb1x...

That's the only time an uncapped framerate makes sense lol, when it's already getting good frames just not enough to look to 60 ..and so VRR tvs will be able to do their thing ..

But freakin Capcom gives us an uncapped that runs at 31 fps!! Lol, the WORST CASE SCENARIO framerate that is so close to 30 to begin with but with JUST enough extra frames to give us constant judder and stutter! Lol!!!

Wtf is wrong with Japanese developers?

ssringo

The game is confirmed as a reboot of sorts now with the title screen for the previews. We already knew that but this says it all:

3JHkMMd.png

It could be a preview build thing but this is huge if not.
I see DD2 as the game they envisioned the first time around just that they're getting the time and budget to actually complete it.

I believe it's been said that this world mirrors what happened in the first game. So probably a proper reboot but using the shenanigans of established lore to also be a sequel. Can't wait to find out for sure!

Lokaum D+

Armor system in the game have been simplified from DD1
Geez, more simple ? first game armor system was already braindead.

Body size and build will not impact places you can access this time, but will stiil affect everything else.
Why ? the funnier part about this was the Role Playing aspect on building your character.

30 fps uncapped on consoles at 4k.
Why not give us the option to run this at lower res and higher frame Capcom ?

Game looks fun but damn, there is some moronic choices that bugs the hell out of me.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
We understood you dont want to buy the game. You can GTFO now please. Seriously are you 13?
No, I’m here to talk about issues with the game that shouldn’t be issues, that’s what these forums are for. People came at me arguing the issues, so I’m giving my opinion. If you want all happiness, rainbows, and every one to be all smiles about every game, then go to the purple forums. If you don’t like what I have to say, click on my profile and choose to ignore what I have to say. I’m not going to stop saying what I believe about a game in a thread about the game, that asks for what I believe about a game 🤷‍♂️

Embearded

I will still get it but it would be nice if they updated it in the future to include performance mode or at least a 40fps middle ground choice.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Ok, wtf does this mean... Been avoiding these previews, but I need to know what they mean by this... Not liking the sound of this.
Yeah could mean a variety of things. Might even mean there's less individual pieces to a "set".

ssringo

Ok, wtf does this mean... Been avoiding these previews, but I need to know what they mean by this... Not liking the sound of this.
Been wondering this myself. Only thing I can imagine is there's no longer clothes AND armor slots which would really damage the fashion game.

Top Bottom