• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Doesn't Have Multiple Save Files

Hydroxy

As per recent ign ama on reddit. This is why multiple save files are necessary.

Another thing that's IGN specific that's worth mentioning is, because all IGN reviews are video reviews, a dev can make my life very easy or very difficult based on how savegames work. I'm generally not recording footage as I'm playing through the first time because, for editing reasons, we need to have the music off for that capture, and it wouldn't make any sense to evaluate the vast majority of games based on playing with no music. So the capture almost always happens *after* I finish it.

So the bane of my existence are longer games that only have a single autosave. That's the worst case scenario. That is an attack on my existence and should be classified as a war crime.

The best case scenario is:

* Save anywhere

* Unlimited number of save slots

* Let me name my savegames anything I want

If you do that, I can get all of the video capture for an entire review done in like 90 minutes, versus a day or more if I need to play through a lot of stuff to get to the clip I need to illustrate a point.

Aion002

There's no respec because there's nothing to respec. You don't allocate stats, you gain them naturally based on what class you were at the time of level up. It's just an extension of choices and consequences that the game emphasizes. Someone that leveled as a warrior shouldn't expect to be as good a caster as someone that switched to sorcerer as soon as they can.
And that's a problem because you can't create multiple characters.

I know that you can play as anything as longs as you have the gear and that weapons matters more than stats in the first game... But still, not having a respec system plus not allowing the players to create multiple characters is just a weird decision.

Hopefully the game will have both of these things.

Hope that single save system doesn't come back and haunt Capcom when the game launches and people find the save games corrupting after 20-40 hours of playtime...

Personally, I think all RPGs should have the option for multiple saves as well as quick and auto saves. It's just convenient and lessens the risk of losing any progress due to save game corruption etc.

a8bWooT.png
Does this look kind of like Trump to anyone else?

draliko

As per recent ign ama on reddit. This is why multiple save files are necessary.
Couldn't care less of a journalist *struggle*... Single save are only bad if they get corrupted otherwise every Dev has the right to follow his ideas

Zannegan

I actually kind of like the lack of fast travel and save scumming, especially since the game allows and accounts for failed quests. It's more immersive.

I need multiple character slots though. I like to tool around with different classes, and I hate going through the same lame intro every time (but I guess that's a a separate issue).

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Why bother with the limitation? This won't stop save scumming if people really want to do it they just have to waste a bit more time to do it.

> About to make a major decision that the player may regret
> Uploads save to the cloud
> Regrets decision
> Downloads save from the cloud
> Makes a different decision

DaciaJC

Gold Member
People making this a big deal not realizing Elden Ring, Dark Souls, Sekiro, Bloodbirne, Lies of P and a TON of other games also do this. It's not an issue.

A lot of people, maybe even most people in this thread, are talking about the lack of multiple character saves/slots. All of those games you mentioned allow the player to create new characters without replacing their current one.

BossLackey

Gold Member
A lot of people, maybe even most people in this thread, are talking about the lack of multiple character saves/slots. All of those games you mentioned allow the player to create new characters without replacing their current one.

Yes, this is the actual issue and it's being obfuscated by the vague headlines.

I personally don't care that much since I usually only do one playthrough of something and don't roll multiple characters, but if it ships this way, I'll still be pissed out of principle.

30 fps console cap is even more egregious. I love Capcom and DD, but this ain't it chief.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

In that case, that's reasonable. Won't affect me, but I can see why it'll be annoying for others.

xrnzaaas

My only concern are the bugs. Things can go very wrong when the saves are corrupted or you get stuck completely and you can't easily load a save from an hour or two hours ago.

There seems to be 3 types of people in this thread:

1) Those who live alone and/or play alone

2) Those who live with others who might want to play this game

3) Those who may be 1 or 2, but they also understand that save files can be corrupted or lost.

Top Bottom