• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Has Leaked 1 Week Early

Wilds is 99% made with switch 2 specs in mind, it's gonna run decently on actual consoles and pc most probably.
LOL. I very much doubt the lead SKU for the current-gen console MH is Switch 2. 100% it's made for PS5/ Series X and PC, and I agree it is likely to be ported to Switch 2, albeit with significant downgrades needed.

It's far more likely another MH planned for 2027/2028 is planned natively for Switch 2 and will be up-ported 6 months-1 year later to PC, PS5/ Series X like what happened with Rise.

Last edited:

GymWolf

LOL. I very much doubt the lead SKU for the current-gen console MH is Switch 2. 100% it's made for PS5/ Series X and PC, and I agree it is likely to be ported to Switch 2, albeit with significant downgrades needed.

It's far more likely another MH planned for 2027/2028 is planned natively for Switch 2 and will be up-ported 6 months-1 year later to PC, PS5/ Series X like what happened with Rise.
The game doesn't even look better than world\iceborne on pc after like 6 years from their release, that's a gigantic red flag if you ask me, and the game is not 5 years away, it's gonna be out in 2025, it should already be in an advanced state, no reason to show such an ugly trailer unless there is something we don't know, people that were waiting for a legit nextgen game were not impressed at all by the first showing, like AT ALL, even dogma 2 that is hardly a looker, looks better, and a maion monster hunter sure as hell should have a much bigger budget than the sequel of a niche title (unless capcom completely lost their minds)

And i doubt that capcom gives much fucks about having a tablet as main platform, i hate even the thought of that and i'm still gonna buy the game at launch like every mh fanboy in the planet, the game is gonna sell like hot cakes no matter what console they use as main platform, the brand is too strong nowadays.

So yeah, i still think that the game is made around switch 2, and the other versions are gonna have all the graphical bells and whistles like better framerate and resolution and settings.

I hope i'm wrong, i really do.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ummm... remind me again why people still pre-order games?
Because at least on pc, preordering months before release usually save you money, when i searched the first time for dogma2 it was 34 euros, i waited some months and i had to pay 44 euros, if i wait a bit longer, the price is gonna increase again.

And on console, places like gamestop do the promotion "bring a game and you pay half price" or some shit.

Nobody preorder because they fear of not having a copy at launch day, most people preorder to save money because they have some sort of promotion\discount.

I payed every ps3 and ps4 game 20 euros less just by preordering them at euronics because they had this on-going promotion, just with a preorder without leaving any game.

Last edited:
Because at least on pc, preordering months before release usually save you money, when i searched the first time for dogma2 it was 34 euros, i waited some months and i had to pay 44 euros, if i wait a bit longer, the price is gonna increase again.

And on console, places like gamestop do the promotion "bring a game and you pay half price" or some shit.

Nobody preorder because they fear of not having a copy at launch day, most people preorder to save money because they have some sort of promotion\discount.

I payed every ps3 and ps4 game 20 euros less just by preordering them at euronics because they had this on-going promotion, just with a preorder without leaving any game.
Interesting... ok, yeah as far as ive ever known in my 36 years of life, pre-ordering PC games in the US has no benefit to saving money.

GymWolf

Interesting... ok, yeah as far as ive ever known in my 36 years of life, pre-ordering PC games in the US has no benefit to saving money.
I hardly think that it's an european thing alone tbh, i use wordlwide famous sites to search for the cheapest key, hell usually we only pay more than americans for everything gaming related :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Holammer

physical media is the bane of publishers, digital only baby!
06XE9If.jpg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Do we know how much SSD space the game requires on consoles? It's so bizarre they don't have SSD/HDD requirements for PC:messenger_expressionless:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The game doesn't even look better than world\iceborne on pc after like 6 years from their release
It looks quite a bit better than iceborne, none of the things shown in the reveal are possible in iceborne:
a lot of AI on screen at the same time so they can form actual herds and engage in herd behaviour.
little birds that interact with the herd individually
a sandstorm that blankets the area in dust and covers everyone, including the hunter and its ride in dust as well that slowly gets removed as they move around.
an instant weather change with lighting and vfx beyond anything in iceborne
a draw distance that would bring iceborne to its knees performance wise.

I'm sure all the individual models/textures/animations are of higher quality as well on top of all those improvements, this is not a "switch 2" game.

GymWolf

It looks quite a bit better than iceborne, none of the things shown in the reveal are possible in iceborne:
a lot of AI on screen at the same time so they can form actual herds and engage in herd behaviour.
little birds that interact with the herd individually
a sandstorm that blankets the area in dust and covers everyone, including the hunter and its ride in dust as well that slowly gets removed as they move around.
an instant weather change with lighting and vfx beyond anything in iceborne
a draw distance that would bring iceborne to its knees performance wise.

I'm sure all the individual models/textures/animations are of higher quality as well on top of all those improvements, this is not a "switch 2" game.
Compared to mhw on pc with texture pack, no it doesn't, and if it does, the difference is minimal, not what people expected after 6 years, it's not like i'm the only one that noticed that, most people were let down by the trailer tech wise, let's not act like it was that impressive.

Monster-Hunter-Wilds-Screenshot-001.webp

Monster-Hunter-Wilds-Screenshot-011.webp

Monster-Hunter-Wilds-Screenshot-007.webp

Days gone had 500 zombies on screen, ac unity had even more, many other games have hundreds of characters on screen, stuff like rdr2 or far cry primal had advanced animal ecosystem, hell even horizon has small herds (and the models in horizon are night and day compared to wilds), all the things you see in the trailer are not exactly new or impressive for a nextgen game, the fact that they were not in iceborne is just a simple design choice because the game wasn't focused on that, you can't really think that the hardwares that already handled hundreds of npcs\enemies in other older games can't do what was showed in wild, cmon, i'm pretty sure that the switch 2 is gonna be at least as powerfull as a ps4 or xone if not more.

The environment sudden change was the most impressive thing of the bunch but i was hardly in awe.

Sorry but until i see new material i'm gonna remain with my opinion, i prefer to be pessimistic and be positively surprised than the opposite, i just don't think that capcom is ready to lose 10 millions copies (at the very minimum) sold on switch 2 after the success of rise and world, and if they REALLY use all the power of the new consoles (especially the cpus,ssd and ram quantity) a switch 2 port would be impossible without big cuts to core aspects of the game.

P.s. tbh, after seeing dogma2 graphic, it may just be capcom being lazy with the graphic and this is actually a nextgen game, so in the end you may be right :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I just hope they turn world simulation and the animal ecosystem to 11, world was already a good appetizer.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Compared to mhw on pc with texture pack, no it doesn't, and if it does, the difference is minimal, not what people expected after 6 years, it's not like i'm the only one that noticed that, most people were let down by the trailer tech wise, let's not act like it was that impressive.
Those screenshots are lifted directly from the trailer which is of course heavily compressed, that's why I didn't comment on the complexity of the models/textures because it's impossible to tell accurately, but capcom has never made an in-house sequel that looks worse than the one that came directly before it; it will absolutely look better than iceborne on all fronts. The things I listed are massive upgrades over iceborn at the very least.

Days gone had 500 zombies on screen, ac unity had even more, many other games have hundreds of characters on screen, stuff like rdr2 or far cry primal had advanced animal ecosystem, hell even horizon has small herds (and the models in horizon are night and day compared to wilds),
None of this matters because it's silly to compare individual aspects of entirely different games and engines like that, and I was responding to the claim that wilds doesn't look better than iceborne; the things I listed alone make it look far better, and once we get our hands on it I'm sure the modeling/textures/animations will proof to look far better as well.

Monster-Hunter-Wilds-Screenshot-001.webp
Even compared to the launch PS4 version it doesn't look better. This is MHW running on a PS4.
monster_hunter__world_screen_91.jpg

artsi

I'll buy it, but after spending over 150 hours in FF7: Rebirth with it's colorful cast and varied world I'm afraid this seems a bit dull coming from that. Pawns are like the most NPC's even among NPC's.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
It's Capcom, they are not leaving a big production like Dragon's Dogma unpatched after its released.

The framerate is assuredly gonna be fixed.

thief183

Can't wait anymore, the news on this game is like a dream come true for me, no had holding, sandbox kind of open world, no quest marks, no fast travel.

I'm an old guy that came to the conclusion that I hate all the simplicity of the new games, I can't believe I finally have the game for me.

As for the technical points... who cares? I'll play on PC and mod the he'll out of it if I want.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It's time for people to wake up and realize what a terrible mistake RE Engine is outside of RE games. It's not supposed to handle big open world games.
This is silly, the engine will handle whatever they adapt it to, MTF wasn't built to handle open worlds either, but they changed it so dragon's dogma could even exist in the first place.

SaintALia

This is silly, the engine will handle whatever they adapt it to, MTF wasn't built to handle open worlds either, but they changed it so dragon's dogma could even exist in the first place.
TBF, DD1 did adapt to the consoles they were made for....with mixed results....

I don't expect these current consoles to be worse handling an open world RE engine though. What they showed in demos so far wasn't too bad from what I've seen, but the battlefield can get pretty chaotic. Multiple mobs running around, large and small, mages and sorcerers firing off spells, and other pawns using skills with their special effects added. That's the type of scene I want to see happening and how the engine handles it. For consoles anyway. Going up against Pawn enemies, especially with high level sorcery, would be something. I doubt Digital Foundry are gonna get that far though, and I feel that type of content wont be in this base game.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Did the videos show any kind of difficulty selection options in the game?

edit: just read the tag in OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom