• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what $8.50 just got me for lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

K7E0gPP.jpg

I'm fighting off some sniffles so I thought chicken soup was a good idea. Here we have a 12 oz or so bowl of soup. A piece of homemade bread. A pad of butter. A cookie. I was legit shook that this was $8.50. This isn't NYC, BTW; it's a small town in Vermont....

P.S. the soup wasn't very good, even. :-/

stn

I have a feeling someone is going to post that pic of the $30 Italian meal. Anyway, yeah, that's a lot for soup and bread. Sheesh.

Rich!

I just went to my local pub with my daughter and a friend and we got this:

- Chicken Burger (proper grilled chicken breast with bacon, tomato, onion) with 6 beer battered fried onion rings, chips, side salad

- Beef burger (two patties and bacon with cheese) onion rings, chips, side salad

- one kids meal, jacket potato with baked beans and cheese

- two large cokes, one orange juice

it cost £15.

wow- did you combine the cookie and bread to make a sandwich for the pad of butter

I would

I am about to go get a gobbler bowl from WaWa and a carbonated beverage for like 7 bucks
main.png

maxcriden

Well even if the piece of bread doesn't look tasty, at least it's homemade! :)

The bread was the best part. It wasn't incredible or anything (you can see it's no baguette or something) but it was pretty tasty. Soup was alright. Cookie was not that chocolatey, kind of nice and chewy in the middle but a little too chewy on the edges.

is that pretty much a famous bowl but with deli meat?

yeah-

sliced turkey, gravy and cranberry sauce over mashed potatoes and stuffing

I get one a week and can never finish it because its so filling- it being the coldest day of the year for Jersey (so far) I figured I would treat myself

joelseph

It's out of control. Jersey Mike's sub w/ chips and a drink is 11 fucking dollars after tax in Chicago. 11 dollars for a medium sized sub and a pathetic bag of chips and soda.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That is not worth $8.

I order Jimmy Johns once in a while and with delivery it's around roughly $10. It would probably be much less if I just left and went inside, but still.

JJ.jpeg

I get a large sub (#4 Turkey Tom), chips, and a large drink.

I don't eat at Panera or Starbucks because their food seems a tad expensive.

terrisus

That is not worth $8.

I order Jimmy Johns once in a while and with delivery it's around roughly $10. It would probably be much less if I just left and went inside, but still.

JJ.jpeg

I get a large sub (#4 Turkey Tom), chips, and a large drink.

I don't eat at Panera or Starbucks because their food seems a tad expensive.

Jimmy Lunch?
Jimmy Chips?
Jimmy Pickles?
What?

It depends around here (Denver). There are some places where that picture would cost $8 but that's deep downtown where you don't have lots of time to try and eat and they know people on lunch will pay for it. What I like is that most grocery stores here have expanded deli sections where you can get something hot or cold that ws made that day for a good price. Near my house I can get a really tasty foot long roastbeef sandwich, drink and chips for ~8$. It's not subway either, it's a decent deli sandwich with provolone, sundried tomatoes and pesto (which is much better than I thought it would be)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom