• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Went for Chinese food with my grandma. It was one of her first times going out to eat since being in the hospital in January. It was run of the mill chicken balls, fried rice, s&s pork, but this place does do AMAZING duck and pork belly and hot pots, but she's not really into all that. At this point...whatever she wants.

KonradLaw

A stew. I bought lots of organ meats. Stomaches of pigs and chicken, pigs tails and hearts of chickens and ducks. Browned, then simmered for 3h with some veggies, little tomato paste and white wine. Plus a big part of gelatined stock I've made from bones and big's feet couple days ago.
Ended up tasting really delicious. I wish I made a bigger batch, as I've had friends over and we ate it all in one sitting

silva1991

this:

CdL7GmeWAAAKbRe.jpg

Salmon (Alaska wild caught Sockeye that was only $3.94 a pound at Fred Meyer if you bought the whole fish which they will filet for you for free), a broccoli and cheese side dish, and brown rice. I made the salmon with just salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

sam12

Salmon (Alaska wild caught Sockeye that was only $3.94 a pound at Fred Meyer if you bought the whole fish which they will filet for you for free), a broccoli and cheese side dish, and brown rice. I made the salmon with just salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

My god Whole Foods sells wild sockeye for $16.99 a pound.

sam12

Had to help my cousin and his wife pick up a new bed for their 3 year old last night and Whole Foods was next to the furniture store.

Ended up eating some pizza (The Alpine Pig & Forest Fungi) and a cupcake for dessert.

Pizza and sushi are ok there but the hot food per pound is so overpriced and bland as hell

geardo

I'm just gonna post what I ate today out of boredom. Had a kale shake in the morning. Had sushi at lunch with my lady friend. Then I had a chicken shawarma wrap for dinner. Saw alien, now I'm sitting here enjoying some makers mark. So yeah, putting today in the W column.

sam12

I'm just gonna post what I ate today out of boredom. Had a kale shake in the morning. Had sushi at lunch with my lady friend. Then I had a chicken shawarma wrap for dinner. Saw alien, now I'm sitting here enjoying some makers mark. So yeah, putting today in the W column.

What do u put in kale shake ?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Chicken salad with peanut dressing.
I would label it as ironic.

GiantBeagle

Neo Member
3 course meal in a local bar; tempura prawns, pizza with pepperoni and ham, followed by the single biggest nutella calzone I've ever seen.

£12.95. Literally amazing.

CS_Dan

Made a garlicy, smokey and slightly spicy chickpea, olive, butter bean and kidney bean casserole with chicken thighs and drumsticks.

Bakercat

Two number 9's

A number nine large

A number 6 with extra dip

A number 7

Two number 45's, one with cheese

And a large soda

maxcriden

Last night our previous night's fried rice disaster was amended and redeemed by a delicious fried rice. Using "the man" seasoning. I don't know the name of this seasoning but it has a picture of an affable gentleman on it so we call it "the man" seasoning.

Its another type of cured meat. like prosciutto and jamon Iberico.

http://curedmeats.blogspot.ca/2011/02/culatello-king-of-cured-meats.html

Interesting, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for it!

Some Halloumi dippers with sweet chilli sauce, and a smoked salmon, cream cheese and rocket bagel.
Weatherspoons pub food :) Was actually great.

Weckum

Veggies (bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, chili pepper) in a coconut/chili/creamcheese sauce with a steak.

Sounds fancier than it was, but it tasted damn good.

Went to Denny's last night with my dad because he had a coupon.

Had bacon cheddar tots topped with cheese, bacon, and jalapeños; a build your own burger with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, swiss cheese, and barbecue sauce with a side of fries; and a cake batter milkshake for dessert.

eso76

Fettuccine with mushrooms
Chianti Braised Beef Roast and krauts
Wanted to open a bottle of Brunello or Amarone to go with those but I couldn't bring myself to

squall23

Soup consisting of:

Dried Scallop
Winter Melon
Shitake Mushrooms
Jinhua ham (a Chinese cured ham that's used specifically for broths)
Shrimp
Sea Cucumber

Saliva Chicken (yes, that is the direct translation). It's poached chicken that is slathered with a Szechuan peppercorn sauce.

Top Bottom