• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which classic has stood the test of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither

Both are still good, but I don't find them nearly as funny as I used to. How much of that is down to seeing each of them like 6+ times, nobody knows.

bjork

Your lacking sense of humor for this thread should give you a clue.

image.php

sick burn I am so roasted

Chichikov

Neither have aged particularly well, mostly because people ran every single quotable line into the ground.
I would not consider either a classic by the way, but whatever, it's an ambiguous definition.

Also, you really couldn't ask that question without blind youtube linking?

Malreyn

Even if you took all the comedic factor out of both movies (assuming either the audience has moved on from the humor of the times or have seen the movie over and over the again to the point where listening to the same jokes are old and don't illicit laughter), Austin Powers would hold up better as a Fish out of water movie with a "spy" setting, better than Ace Ventura's attempt at being a "detective" movie.

austin powers for sure.

wayne's world and austin powers 1 and 2 were god-level. then mike meyers dived into a toilet.

for carrey i'd say truman show and eternal sunshine are his best.

Neither Ace Ventura or Austin Powers has really "aged" all that well, but they're both goofy/ridiculous enough (and in Austin's case, is a spoof of old shit already) that the agelessness is all about whether the gags work still.

Austin Powers has the better gags.

I don't know if I'd consider either of those movies "classic" in any way, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I didn't really like Ace Ventura. The character was too over-the-top literally every second.

And yes, I know that was the point, but it just didn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom