• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode VII title confirmed- The Force Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the Star Wars Twitter.

Principal photography has now completed.

B1xf4O0IUAAea_3.jpg

Coreda

Using letterspaced Serif Gothic? Unexpected choice of typeface. Guessing this is the temp version of the title.

It reminds me of those times when you've been constipated for days and then suddenly you wake up late at night with the runs.

shuri

Banned
They released the name of Return of the Jedi super early too, to screw with bootleggers back in the days. The original shooting name and marketing name was 'revenge of the jedis" or something.

Bootleggers started making tshirts, fake toys, etc and then before release, they revealed the real name, leaving the bootleggers stuck with misnamed stuff!

I would not be surprised if it was the strategy again

I like it, feeds into the idea that the force is a living thing that can never really be got rid of.

It will always be there, turning the cogs behind the scenes, putting events into motion and so on.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Gross.

Is the force going to become even stronger than it was before or something? Everyone gets to use it -- no more blasters or whatever?

BAW

Banned
So it jumps from Return of the Jedi to The Force Awakens.

Does that make sense?

It doesn't. This is really bothering me. Return of the Jedi means The Force is kicking ass left and right already. You can't say "The Force Awakens" after that. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom