• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geometry Wars 3 official trailer

I think aesthetically it looks worse than 2. Colors don't pop anymore.

image.php
Are you high?

cant wait for this one. As a PS fanboy I actually bought a 360 because of Geometry wars (no joke). Sold it 2 months after, after beating all my friends scores and basically finishing the game. I'm a huge fan of top down sooters like this or Super Stardust. Even made an mmpicked topdown shooter lol.

Anyway... Can't wait! This and LBP3 are my most anticipated games of 2014

edit: just saw the trailer. This is also on PS4 right? ... RIGHT?

edit 2: it is! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/23/interview-geometry-wars-3-dimensions-on-ps4-ps3/

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Played it at Indiecade with several friends and we all walked away severely disappointed. I'm huge fan of the series and it deflated all my hype.

120v

i'm not sure if it's "real GW" or not... i'll just have to wait to play it

but on the upside the game layout seems like Galaxies, which is one of my favorite games ever. seems pretty meaty for just $15

World record? holy crap whats your PSN? I need to have you in my friendslist scores :p

Haha well, it will be easier to get on day 1!

I managed to get into the top 50 at one stage on 360, but I've been very lax lately so my position has dropped significantly.

Add me on PSN, score attack with friends is what keep me going: PSN ID Poimandre

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Been looking forward to this but I'm not wild about the 3D. I like some classic Geometry Wars. Maybe just give me GW2 on PC.

Also quite alarmed by the negative opinions of those who actually played it. But wish someone would elaborate.

Hm, just noticed that it does not seem to have the neon glow of GW2...wonder why that is?

They have the classic mode, and hopefully it's untouched? Does seem to have the 3D effect to it too though, but it's still played on the 2D field...right?

AwShucks

The other thread had somebody with impressions and basically said it felt like a knockoff. I basically wrote it off myself when the 3D and adventure style levels were announced and especially when it became known that Cakebread wasn't involved. Looks like too much of a Galaxies sequel, and I only played through that once and never went back to it. Drones seem like a super odd thing for GW. I don't like the way the playing field looks in the classic modes. Plus no Audioantics music.

Bargain sale purchase for me someday, but definitely not on release.

They have the classic mode, and hopefully it's untouched?

I mean at minimum it now shows where the enemies come from and the playing field tilts a bit. So not 100% untouched.

I said back in the day that Super Stardust was a flashier, more enjoyable version of Geometry Wars. And now GW3 looks to have almost fully imitated their imitator.

Still unsure if I'll get it, but it certainly looks like it's putting gameplay over all else, which I appreciate.

Welp, now the impressions have left me concerned.

I already dedicated $20 on PSN towards this...maybe Ill put it towards Dragon Age if this is truly a really bad GW game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I said back in the day that Super Stardust was a flashier, more enjoyable version of Geometry Wars. And now GW3 looks to have almost fully imitated their imitator.

Still unsure if I'll get it, but it certainly looks like it's putting gameplay over all else, which I appreciate.
The 3D planes don't work for Geo Wars. At all. It's good that the flat maps are in too.

Boy, I sure would love a PS4 Super Stardust. Wish they'd just port the VITA version in the mean time

Top Bottom