• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG.com Autumn/Fall Sale (Ends Nov. 25th)

Tizoc

Searched but didn't find a dedicated thread for it.

It's that time of the year again.
http://www.gog.com/

ATM, and for maybe a few remaining hours, GOG is offering Mount & Blade for free.
Just make a GOG.com account, and grab you free game, it'll show up in your library after a while.

In addition, you can get Witcher 2 for free by participating in a stamp collection, just scroll down a little at the main page and you'll see it. Just click on a stamp each day and you should get the game (at least that's how I understand it).

So with all that behind, do consider getting the Dungeons & Dragons bundle for $22ish which consists of the best games based on the D&D series, but hurry this bundle will be removed in 8 hours!

Current bundles:
Heroes of Might and Magic for $14.95
Deponia Trilogyt of r$8.97

...and no you won't get a Steam key or code for (m)any game you get from GOG. They're offerings are DRM-free.

Was just gonna make a thread on this.

Awesome deals. Getting Planescape: Torment for £2.50.

Also eyeing Rayman Origins half price as I have never played a Rayman game before or any platformer for about 10 years!

Tizoc

Was just gonna make a thread on this.

Awesome deals. Getting Planescape: Torment for £2.50.

Also eyeing Rayman Origins half price as I have never played a Rayman game before or any platformer for about 10 years!

Origins is great, Legends is better (alas it is UPlay..), but both are 60 FPS on consoles too.

Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to 100% levels in Origins to get to the final stage, they just unlock bonus stages.

Arthea

for the sake of convenience:

Day One

Mount & Blade Series Bundle 75% off
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
Mount & Blade: Warband
DLC: Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars
(Free copy of Mount & Blade also available at start of sale)

The Ultimate D&D Collection
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights Diamond
Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete
Icewind Dale Complete
Icewind Dale 2 Complete
Temple of Elemental Evil, The
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

FREE GAME + MOVIE
The Witcher 2 + The Gamers: Director’s Cut
Collect stamps every day. Get a free game + movie gift for 7 stamps.

Flash Deals
Carmageddon Max Pack - $1.99 (80%)
Deus Ex GOTY Edition - $2.49 (75%)
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - $2.99 (80%)
Rogue Legacy - $2.99 (80%)
Mark Of The Ninja Special Edition - $4.49 (75%)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut - $9.99 (33%)
Fez - $4.99 (50%)
Omikron: The Nomad Soul - $2.49 (75%)
Master Of Magic - $1.49 (75%)
Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings, The - $2.99 (85%)
Meridian: New World - $5.99 (60%)
Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold - $1.49 (75%)
Bad Mojo Redux - $1.19 (80%)
Super Time Force Ultra - $9.99 (33%)
Bard's Tale, The - $1.99 (80%)
Samaritan Paradox, The - $2.99 (70%)
Hammerwatch - $1.99 (75%)
Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest - $2.49 (75%)
Jade Empire: Special Edition - $2.99 (80%)
Botanicula - $1.99 (80%)
Space Colony HD - $2.49 (75%)
Rise of the Triad (2013) - $2.99 (80%)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - $1.49 (75%)
Papers, Please - $2.99 (70%)
Sacred Gold - $1.99 (80%)
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded - $9.99 (50%)
Jagged Alliance 2 - $4.99 (50%)
Stronghold HD - $2.99 (50%)
Shelter - $4.99 (50%)
Shelter is $1.99 - 80% off.

*taken from gog boards

Origins is great, Legends is better (alas it is UPlay..), but both are 60 FPS on consoles too.

Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to 100% levels in Origins to get to the final stage, they just unlock bonus stages.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I would have got Rayman Legends if it was available on Gog, looking forward to playing Origins. Have no idea what to expect really.

o8rlRl4.png

I got that first stamp yesterday and I went to get my second one today but it says it's still 21 hours till the next one? Is it one stamp every 48 hours? I should have paid attention yesterday...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Kingdom Rush is a fun little tower defense game. I definitely recommend it at that price.

Y'all better get Riddick while it's discounted this much. I haven't seen any killer deals for myself yet aside from Bad Mojo.

Glad I got Bad Mojo, it's a very interesting game. But I got stuck pretty early on! (After the other roach communicates with me, I can go to the top of the oven.. but then?)

Fascinating game.

Branson

Well I bought riddick. Hopefully it's as good as you guys say it is lol. These were the guys that worked on the new Wolfenstein right?

Xanathus

I wish there was a way I could get an alert if a specific game goes on a flash sale. I'm hoping the Quest for Glory series does because I want it for collection purposes but there's no way I'm gonna keep checking the site every hour.

yatesl

The trouble with GoG is that I prefer to buy my games on Steam, and I already own all the classic games I played as a kid.

The Bullfrog is a killer, but I'm only missing Syndicate.

gelf

The trouble with GoG is that I prefer to buy my games on Steam, and I already own all the classic games I played as a kid.

The Bullfrog is a killer, but I'm only missing Syndicate.

I just add them to Steam as none Steam games. Since I'm not interested in achievements or trading cards. It makes no difference to actually owning them on Steam. All I sometimes miss in that scenario is the convenience of auto updates. Something hopefully GOG Galaxy will fix.

yatesl

I just add them to Steam as none Steam games. Since I'm not interested in achievements or trading cards. It makes no difference to actually owning them on Steam. All I sometimes miss in that scenario is the convenience of auto updates. Something hopefully GOG Galaxy will fix.

Oh I know, but I'm an achievement sucker. I AM waiting for GoG Galaxy, though - I don't have a major issue with Origin or Uplay (as blasphemous as it is), as they have a central client.

The web interface is better than other site's lists, but I'll be more invested once it has a program to consolidate, download and launch from the client, and auto updates. And after writing that, I realise I've just spoken about everything that's anti-DRM free.

me0wish

totally, also it is about to end

Alright, went by your recommendation, I am only interested in Dungeon Keeper so I'm going blind with the other games. I wish Magic Carpet games are included, have an idea if they are any good? I never played any BF games but I was always interested in DK and MC.

epmode

Alright, went by your recommendation, I am only interested in Dungeon Keeper so I'm going blind with the other games. I wish Magic Carpet games are included, have an idea if they are any good? I never played any BF games but I was always interested in DK and MC.

I still really like the Magic Carpet games. They're pretty unique to this day. Terraforming!

Part 2 is better, BTW, if just for the way the game gives you rapid fire so that you don't have to click 5374856262847x per minute.

Also, make sure you press 'R' while in game. It increases resolution to 640x480. That may not seem like much but it's a huge improvement over the default.

tauke

For those who are collecting stamps for the free The Witcher 2 + The Gamers: Director’s Cut, now is the time to collect it!

Also it seems GOG have fix the stamp issue. Works fine without me logging out and logging in again.

me0wish

Thanks for all the input guys, dated graphics with crazy unique gameplay is what I'm looking for, gonna get magic carpet if it gets in some deal.

For those who are collecting stamps for the free The Witcher 2 + The Gamers: Director’s Cut, now is the time to collect it!

Also it seems GOG have fix the stamp issue. Works fine without me logging out and logging in again.
I managed to get mine at 2pm without logging out. Maybe the problem only appears after a while.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anyone who likes old school RPGs should absolutely snatch up the Spiderweb bundle at that price. Hell, that's a good price for Geneforge 1 alone, one of my top RPGs of all time, and you also get a ton of other good games with it

Nikodemos

^^^ Avadon is a pretty decent RPG as well.

Septerra Core is a bit janky in parts (particularly the insta-respawning enemies), but $1.49 is decent value.

Kurtofan

Anyone who likes old school RPGs should absolutely snatch up the Spiderweb bundle at that price. Hell, that's a good price for Geneforge 1 alone, one of my top RPGs of all time, and you also get a ton of other good games with it

How do they compare with stuff like the old fallouts?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How do they compare with stuff like the old fallouts?

Geneforge 1 and Avernum 3 specifically I'd rank as comparable, maybe even better (although I haven't played the old Fallout's in ages)

The rest aren't quite that caliber, but they're still good and honestly its worth it for those two games alone

Top Bottom