• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Retailer Play-Asia Lists Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round For The PC

Now here is something really interesting. Online retailer ‘Play-Asia’ has listed Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round for the PC. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is the latest update to the Dead or Alive 5 series and according to the online retailer, the PC version will be released alongside the console versions.

Now this could simply be an error from Play-Asia’s part, therefore we’re marking this story as a rumor. And as with all rumors, you should take it with a grain of salt.

Still, it’s worth noting that back in April, Tecmo Koei asked PC gamers to show their interest on the company’s games on both its FB and Twitter pages.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/online-retailer-play-asia-lists-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-for-the-pc/

More fighting games on PC! Tekken next please.

Darklord

Banned
I don't even want to imagine what they will come up with.

Grinch-Smile-GIF-the-grinch-27844611-500-363.gif

Eolz

Crossposting a bit but I don't really think they'll do it for 5LR.
Probably more the case for 6 (new engine), and I can see them using the F2P version only in this case.
Until there's more about this, I think it's just a listing error.

Mr. X

Oh, this is not the free to play one? Or am I confusing that with something?

If it's true, most likely the paid full game variation, but doesn't rule out they could add the F2P variation as well. Like how PS4 will have both.

Nzyme32

How reliable would this be?

If it is true, and the game has Brad Wong in it, I'll buy it for sure. Love me some drunken fighting antics

alstein

Hopefully true. I'd take the series seriously, at least until/if VF came out.

Not getting hopes too high

Hasn't Play-asia gotten it wrong before though?

Holy shiet megaton if true.

Would buy for a really, really high price.

Tecmo is gonna make a killing selling all those DLC costumes to a brand new audience.

Momentary

Banned
I would break my no more purchases until the Steam Sale rule for this game if it came out this year. *Looks up release date* I'll be safe until February. At least this game has Virtua Fighter 5 characters. Hopefully it comes with graphical options galore.

This hypothetical port, along with Valkirya Chronicles success, gives Sega all the cross promotion for PC ports of Final Showdown they can ask for.

Momentary

Banned
This hypothetical port, along with Valkirya Chronicles success, gives Sega all the cross promotion for PC ports of Final Showdown they can ask for.

If VF is to get released it better do so before other 3D fighters get on the platform. It really needed to get released before this game, but it definitely better hit before Tekken 7.

It would be best if they just released a new Virtua Fighter altogether.

Honestly, the original DLCs leave little to the imagination already. It would be nice if the mod community creates original costumes or import them from other games like Dynasty Warriors, Resident Evil and stuff.

The first thing that will come is some nude mods. Then there will be a sex westling mod. Maybe then you will have your costumes from other games.

I'd definitely buy it. I was planning on PS3 but this is better.

I can't help but think that their main source of revenue would be wiped out by mods though

Top Bottom