• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub Update + free dlcs

Turkoop

Banned
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/726036460814050

Hi everyone,
The team at Evolution continues to work diligently to resolve all of the server issues. We know you have all been extremely patient and understandably frustrated during DRIVECLUB’s launch, and to show our appreciation for the support during this challenging time, we will be offering the premium DLC packs for November (25th November-SCEA/26th November-SCEE/27th November-SCEJ) free to those who purchased the full game.
These premium DLC packs – The Ignition Expansion Pack and Photo-Finish Tour Pack along with two livery packs – will give you a total of five new cars, 22 new tour events, 10 new trophies and 10 new livery items to play with online and offline.
The Season Pass will be extended to include four extra packs in July 2015 to ensure players who purchased the pass get everything that was promised. So on top of the free DLC in November, the Season Pass will still include 38 cars, 176 tour events and 80 unique liveries.
On Tuesday we will also be releasing our next game update which includes our first round of player requested feature updates.
In addition to Photo Mode, which will allow you to share your most thrilling moments with your friends, we will be adding:
• Improved multiplayer collision physics to reduce frustrating spin-outs
• Adjustments to soften the corner cutting penalty system
• Options in the club menu to view everything your club has unlocked
• A fix to allow all club owners to update their club badges
This update also includes the first new tracks, which we announced back in September as part of our plans to keep supporting and expanding the game as you play. These include the following free new tracks for online and offline play (also playable in reverse):
• India – Yedepalli
• Scotland – Wester Ross
• Chile – Los Pelambres
Although currently we do not have an update regarding the timing for the launch of the PS Plus Edition, we are continually working on improving the server capacity to enable us to launch the PS Plus Edition as quickly as possible.
Once again, thank you for your support. We are truly sorry that the road to delivering the full DRIVECLUB racing experience on PS4 has been such a rocky one.

Excelllent.

Actually, i'd like to keep the club cars that i've earned. When the servers don't work, i can't use these cars in SP

Guess i'll give the game another try the 27th. Right now i'm still not in the mood to pick it up again.
But i appreciate the efforts and i know the game can be great when everything works as advertised.

Is weather still coming in december?

_woLf

"free to those who purchased the full game."

That is implying there is any other way to play the game right now, guys.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Season pass extension is good. Actually makes me tempted to buy, but will check out the November DLC first. Looking forward to photo mode

Very excited about them continuing to improve and support the game. Once the noise around the botched launch settles, hopefully people will appreciate what's there.

I look forward to the weather patch.

That's actually a fantastic update. Obviously they need to sort out the connectivity stuff still, but good to see everything else is still coming along.

Photo mode....hnnnnngh

MMaRsu

Banned
Well good. I still don't feel this is adequate compensation for screwing up the entire multiplayer focused part of the game.

Let me be clear I really like this game. The singleplayer is great and so is the multiplayer when it works.

But this shit right here is imo some bullshit. Just one free dlc package as compensation of not really being able to get into the game with my PSN friends, who kind of bailed on the game and now I'm the only one earning any points.

Imo this is a pretty damn weak showing right here.

Also should have said something about the goddamn weather update. I couldn't care less about damn Photomode. I want some snow and rain damnit.

Well the situation sucks but I appreciate that they're being properly apologetic about it. And I won't say no to a free DLC pack.

Hugstable

Banned
New tracks are always great, and it's cool to hear that we are actually getting this month's DLC free. I hope once they get everything running that they maybe offer the Season Pass at a bit of a discount for those of us who had bought in early and have been dealing with the issues. Can't wait for the new Tour Events though

Still no ETA for the PS+ edition? Jesus.

Let's wait til the game works better online for those who already bought it before we start worrying about the PS+ version.

Salvatron

Nah, he's just saying for those that have purchased, they don't need to have the season pass to get the content.

Sounds good!

Haven't touched the game since launch but will drive back in. I'm glad to see them actively address concerns such as the corner penalties and online collision issues.

hopefully we get some american and japanese cars. (Mustangs plz)

BigDug13

There's a copy sitting in my local Redbox 2 blocks away. I also have room in my Gamefly queue.

So yes, there ARE other ways to play the game right now.

But they can add things like photo mode instead of sorting the plus edition?

The PS+ edition is being held back because of server problems.

Adding features and content has absolutely nothing to do with the people who are working on the network/connectivity problems. There's no reason to stop updating the game and releasing content

Well good. I still don't feel this is adequate compensation for screwing up the entire multiplayer focused part of the game.

Let me be clear I really like this game. The singleplayer is great and so is the multiplayer when it works.

But this shit right here is imo some bullshit. Just one free dlc package as compensation of not really being able to get into the game with my PSN friends, who kind of bailed on the game and now I'm the only one earning any points.

Imo this is a pretty damn weak showing right here.

Also should have said something about the goddamn weather update. I couldn't care less about damn Photomode. I want some snow and rain damnit.

Ehh didn't they say weather update is December? Sounds like you need 20 free cars and tracks to be made happy too.

Anyways I like the free DLC! and the online seems to always work for me when I get on here and there which is great.

Nice update!

I seem to remember having called this? :p
*smug satisfaction*

It's nice that they're doing this, though. I'm excited to see the tracks.

Still need the game to work first. Whats the real hold up here ? Its been out in the wild for over a month now ....

And still no resolution ?

quetz67

Banned
Ehh didn't they say weather update is December? Sounds like you need 20 free cars and tracks to be made happy too.

Anyways I like the free DLC! and the online seems to always work for me when I get on here and there which is great.

Nice update!
If they said December it is now probably February

Top Bottom