• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs Wii U getting Conspiracy and Access Granted DLC

Hey, it's something at least:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-releases-on-wii-u-this-week-with-some-d/1100-6423636/

Via the Nintendo eShop, players can download the Conspiracy DLC, which is an in-game augmented reality mission where AI enemies are hunted down. The second add-on pack is Access Granted, which is a compilation of the pre-order bonus content that shipped across all versions. It includes new outfits, skills, and a trio of contract missions.

Still really curious to see the Wii U version in action.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wow, this is honestly shocking.

Or it just confirms that all copies of watch_dogs for all platforms shipped with this content on-disc, meaning Ubisoft didn't have to go through any extra effort to port it to the Wii U.

M3d10n

Well, we can always count on that one dude on Miiverse that buys every single Wii U game so he can have a "owns this game" badge on every community.

Cyd0nia

Banned
If its only crime is that it's late, and it actually comes with DLC and stuff, it's better than SEGA's latest turd, and WBs games - none of which had DLC.

We've yet to see how it runs and what they're doing with the gamepad, and the silence on promoting this worries me - but I think people would be more interested if there were some kind of promotion. An eShop promotion that makes it cheaper for owners of Rayman or ZombiU maybe?

Zee-Row

Banned
I saw copies of Watch Dogs on the shelf at Walmart yesterday. I was surprised because I didn't know the Wii U version was still coming out.

cacildo

Well, we can always count on that one dude on Miiverse that buys every single Wii U game so he can have a "owns this game" badge on every community.

Dont know about this one

But theres this other guy that buys every wiiu game just so he can post a comment on miiverse about how is the water in each game

"Nice water"
"Pretty water"
"Ugly water"

The DLC announcement is both surprising and odd.

It's odd because they refused to show anything on this version of the game. And all of their statements on the port have been unenthusiastic and forced.

It's surprising because they clearly sent this game out to die. It's out the same day as GTA, and more importantly, the same week as Smash. Instead of releasing during any of the countless weeks of nothing notable hitting the Wii U, they choose the week Smash hits. They clearly expect nothing of this game. And given the way they've treated the port, they're correct to do so.

My guess is that this DLC was planned for the Wii U version early on and they had already done most of the heavy lifting for it. They're just trying to squeeze every penny they can out of a doomed port they promised to deliver one too many times.

Astral Dog

The DLC announcement is both surprising and odd.

It's odd because they refused to show anything on this version of the game. And all of their statements on the port have been unenthusiastic and forced.

It's surprising because they clearly sent this game out to die. It's out the same day as GTA, and more importantly, the same week as Smash. Instead of releasing during any of the countless weeks of nothing notable hitting the Wii U, they choose the week Smash hits. They clearly expect nothing of this game. And given the way they've treated the port, they're correct to do so.

My guess is that this DLC was planned for the Wii U version early on and they had already done most of the heavy lifting for it. They're just trying to squeeze every penny they can out of a doomed port they promised to deliver one too many times.

And its actually a good thing, i mean for the people that wanted Watch Dogs on Wii U, that it comes with DLC is something, at least they delivered, one less shitty thing Ubisoft has done.

I already have this on PC but I was curious to see how it turned out on Wii U and if they actually did anything useful with the pad. The lack of info seems pretty telling in itself though.
Me too. I thought (besides the loading times) splinter cell blacklist was a very well done port. If it has the quality of that port minus the loading times then... probably one of the better 3rd party offerings.
We're two of the 50 people that bought that and I agree. Aside from the total lack of AA the game both performed and played really well for a 3rd party port.

cafemomo

Why was this game delayed in the first place? Does Ubisoft really believe that the people who are going to pick up smash will also get this?

Ludist210

Didn't Ubisoft said clearly that no DLC for Wii U version some time ago?
That's what I thought too. I wonder...

Wow, this is honestly shocking.

Or it just confirms that all copies of watch_dogs for all platforms shipped with this content on-disc, meaning Ubisoft didn't have to go through any extra effort to port it to the Wii U.
That sounds about right. After all, Ubisoft.

Pikma

Banned
I don't think a game has ever been sent out to die as badly as this one, it's just incredible, I can understand the lack of marketing but not even bothering to release a fucking trailer is just ridiculous, I mean, it's a fucking $60 product, what the hell's wrong with Ubisoft?

I forgot to mention this: retail won't support it.

Just like the Wii U ports of COD, this one won't even show up in most stores that sell games.

jimi_dini

But theres this other guy that buys every wiiu game just so he can post a comment on miiverse about how is the water in each game

"Nice water"
"Pretty water"
"Ugly water"

pzQ4Z4c.jpg

First sign of any screen tearing will tell you what kind of a port this is.

If it doesn't have tearing, but manages a consistent frame rate...we'll see.

And its actually a good thing, i mean for the people that wanted Watch Dogs on Wii U, that it comes with DLC is something, at least they delivered, one less shitty thing Ubisoft has done.

Are you suggesting that the DLC will be free? Because I'm not seeing that in this story at all. But you might not be saying that.

I just hope the game doesn't launch at $60. But it probably will. $50 at best.

Digital only nintendo gamer. Ha!

It'll be the easiest way to get it, definitely. But given that the DDP ends this year, if I get this, it'll be digital only for loading advantages.

jimi_dini

First sign of any screen tearing will tell you what kind of a port this is.

I'm pretty sure that there won't be tearing. Framerate may be shit though.

The Arkham games had no tearing on Wii U. Splinter Cell Blacklist had no tearing on Wii U. and so on. None of the games, that I own, have tearing.

The Beard

WD was released 6 months ago and it was average at best on the much stronger Current Gen consoles. Is this game going to suck as much as I think it will ?

Son Of D

Why was this game delayed in the first place? Does Ubisoft really believe that the people who are going to pick up smash will also get this?

I think they said it was so they could focus on the PS3/4, Xbox 360/One versions.

That or they wanted a larger userbase for Wii U.

Top Bottom