• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Military Appreciation Bundle (2 Controllers, 3 Months PS+, 3 Games) $459 + No Tax

TomShoe

Banned
Just saw this at my local Navy Exchange while walking in to get a haircut.

9714708_0.jpg

Included:

PS4 500GB
2 Dual Shock4 controllers (1 Black, 1 Camo)
3 Months Playstation Plus
NBA 2K15 (Physical)
The Last of Us: Remastered (Digital)

Is it a good deal? No tax saves you about $20, which is pretty sweet.
List courtesy of Slickdeals

Dishonorably discharge me if old.

EDIT: Updated to match the new bundle.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Can I join the military to get this deal and then quit?

Its a deal but then again its not.

ps4 $399
controller $60
3 mths ps + $18
$478

3 "free" games with plus?
3 full downloads of cheap games.

Like I said deal but not

impact

Banned
Sony spitting in the face of our military with those fucking awful pack-ins. Jesus Sony what are you doing

the second controller makes it a good deal, and probably the best there is

$400 for GTA and TLoU seems way better than this. I'd take two great games over a controller and some bad indies.

Doesn't seem all that great a deal to me, maybe the value adds up, I don't know. But if you're going to do a new bundle, I'd expect more than a free to play game and a smattering of indie titles.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I mean, Divekick and Towerfall are good couch multiplayer games, so that's a thing.

Might be what they were going for.

Kyoufu

Eh. I'd rather get the GTAV/TLOU bundle, or the white Destiny bundle.

Actually I'd get any bundle over this.

The games aren't that much value-add especially for a official bundle like that but the extra controller and 3 months of PS+ is okay. All in all it's good but not that good

Einbroch

Banned
It's a bunch of local co-op games, which when my friend was in the coast guard said that that was what they played a lot of.

Now, if they would've thrown in Madden or another sports game, that would've been pretty sweet.

Amir0x

Banned
i mean it's an OK deal, but not a great deal.

The BEST PS4 deal I've seen is the Wal-Mart.com online Black Friday deal

For $449 you get

GTAV+TLOU PS4, + your choice of two more retail games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Should've bundled COD, or Killzone.

Sony spitting in the face of our military with those fucking awful pack-ins. Jesus Sony what are you doing

$400 for GTA and TLoU seems way better than this. I'd take two great games over a controller and some bad indies.

Local co-op games, hence the second controller.

I'm guessing someone told them people wanted games they could play together without having the Internet.

I could easily be wrong, but that's what I'm getting out of the game selection.

Elandyll

Banned
Just saw this at my local Navy Exchange while walking in to get a haircut.

Included:

PS4 500GB
2 Dual Shock4 controllers
3 Months Playstation Plus - $17.99
3 full game downloads:
Octodad The Dadliest Catch - $14.99
Towerfall Ascension - $14.99
Divekick: Addition Edition - $9.99
Additional content for hit Free-to-Play games
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
Pinball Arcade

Is it a good deal? No tax saves you about $20, which is pretty sweet.
List courtesy of Slickdeals

Dishonorably discharge me if old.

I've put the price of the stuff that you get for "free" in.

Basically it's a $60 off via some indies and a 3 months PS + sub.

The BF deals (GTA V/ TLOU or Lego Batman/ LBP3 bundles) seem like a better deal to me tbh.

vesvci

Banned

You might be right. I like what MS/Nintendo is doing instead.....oh wait.

It's not a bad deal to offer the military an additional option besides what offered to regular consumers. Nothing wrong with this.

I'm guessing someone told them people wanted games they could play together without having the Internet.

Yeah, forgot about the local co-op. Nevermind then.

impact

Banned

GTA and TLoU seem way more appealing to military (or just anyone in general) but yea I guess you could be right. Wouldn't be the first time Sony misread the market and put out a flop.

Verendus

Banned
If 2K weren't such terrible human beings, and hadn't completely ruined WWE 2K15, then that game could have been an option too. We all know Joan Cena is the hero of the US military so it would've been the perfect addition to this bundle.

TomShoe

Banned

"We have a product for people who can't get online, it's called Xbox 360"

Immediately came to mind.

Visualift

Its a deal but then again its not.

ps4 $399
controller $60
3 mths ps + $18
$478

3 "free" games with plus?
3 full downloads of cheap games.

Like I said deal but not

No one ever said it was a deal. It's a bundle that makes it easier to gift someone a collection (eg. bundle) of content.

Yoday

This is likely sold the BX/PX, which is where the no tax comes from. It's not a bad bundle, and they are clearly going for the dorm room and family markets with the free games and extra controller.

I've put the price of the stuff that you get for "free" in.

Basically it's a $60 off via some indies and a 3 months PS + sub.

The BF deals (GTA V/ TLOU or Lego Batman/ LBP3 bundles) seem like a better deal to me tbh.

It has an extra controller though which is $60 retail

Edit: Looking again I think you're right actually as it's $459, not $399

Hermii

If Japan bombed the shit out of America in ww2 Im not sure ms would give a deal like this to the Japanese military.

Air Force guy here. I haven't seen a PS4 military bundle at our BX yet but then again I've been on leave for about a month.
I think it's a decent bundle, better than nothing. I'm actually surprised Microsoft doesn't have a military bundle yet.

TomShoe

Banned
Out of curiosity, what NEX is this at? I miss going to the one in Guam, they had everything in one place and great prices. Living in Guam other than that sucked though.

Portsmouth, VA. It's a pretty small and crappy NEX, but I get most of my haircuts there as they have the best prices and I know most of the barbers there. Shame that most of them left in the months I was gone :(

I do most of my shopping at the world's largest one down in Norfolk.

Top Bottom