• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for July: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Alan Wake Remastered, Endling – Extinction is Forever

Draugoth

Gold Member
54c335c19622a56343cd487790a3886b09815dc4.jpg

Today we’re happy to reveal the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for July. The Monthly Games lineup of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Alan Wake Remastered and Endling – Extinction is Forever will be available to PlayStation Plus members on Tuesday, July 4 until Monday July 31.

Let’s take a closer look at each of the games in turn.

3eaf6a381a5ed1c0aa78b74135cf15c435d0a2b7-scaled.jpg
e

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Cross-Gen Bundle | PS4, PS5

Black Ops Cold War drops fans into the depths of the Cold War’s volatile geopolitical battle of the early 1980s. Come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths as you battle around the globe in iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and more. As an elite operative, follow the trail of a shadowy figure on a mission to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark center of a global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson, as well as a new cast of operatives attempting to stop a plot decades in the making. Beyond the Campaign, Cold War brings an arsenal of weapons and equipment into the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences. Cold War brings an arsenal of weapons and equipment into thrilling Multiplayer and Zombies experiences.

71f083bb8e555936822d3a15d43ab457465fa6fb-scaled.jpg

Alan Wake Remastered | PS4, PS5

Return to the mysterious town of Bright Falls in this remaster of the award-winning cinematic action game from Remedy Entertainment (Control, Max Payne), featuring overhauled visuals and new features. Troubled author Alan Wake embarks on a desperate search for his missing wife, Alice. Following her mysterious disappearance from the Pacific Northwest town of Bright Falls, he discovers pages of a horror story he has supposedly written, but he has no memory of. Wake is soon forced to question his sanity, as page by page, the story comes true before his eyes: a hostile presence of supernatural darkness is taking over everyone it finds, turning them against him. He has no choice but to confront the forces of darkness armed only with his flashlight, a handgun and what remains of his shredded mind. His nightmarish journey to find answers to the mind-bending mystery he faces will lead him into the terrifying depths of the night.

8edd47335f638b57eb3c51dd5f3f7e2dc33137ea-scaled.jpg

Endling – Extinction is Forever | PS4, PS5

Experience a world ravaged by mankind through the eyes of the last fox on Earth in this eco-conscious adventure. Discover the destructive force of the human race as it corrupts, pollutes and exploits the most precious and valuable resources of the natural environment day by day. Explore various 3D side-scrolling areas and defend your tiny furballs, feed them, watch them grow up, notice their unique personalities and fears and most importantly, help them to survive. Use the cover of night to stealthily guide your litter towards a safer place. Spend the day resting in an improvised shelter and plan your next move carefully – it could be the last for you and your cubs.

Last chance to download June’s Monthly Games

PlayStation Plus members have until Monday, July 3 to add NBA 2K23, Jurassic World Evolution 2 and Trek to Yomi to their game library.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sony: "We're putting Call of Duty on PS+"
Microsoft: "We want to buy Activision to put Call of Duty on Game Pass"

Guess I will finally play Cold War, for people who are new to Alan Wake, it can feel a little dated but it’s really good.

MadPanda

Banned
I find PlayStation plus offerings to be much better lately, compared to gold and gamepass. Better essential games, better extra games. I know Microsoft gave up on gold, but their gamepass offering is lacking for me.

Good job to Sony on massively improving their offerings.

oji-san

Banned
Nice, i wanted to play Cold War campaign and thought it will be in Game Pass and not Plus, would love to play the other new CoD campaigns in the future but Cold War comes just right for now. A quick question i'm busy replaying GoT.. if i download Cold War can i play it after 31/7 if i have PS Plus Premium? from my understanding if i download it or even just redeem it i can play it as long as i have PS Plus? Thanks. :)

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Nice, i wanted to play Cold War campaign and thought it will be in Game Pass and not Plus, would love to play the other new CoD campaigns in the future but Cold War comes just right for now. A quick question i'm busy replaying GoT.. if i download Cold War can i play it after 31/7 if i have PS Plus Premium? from my understanding if i download it or even just redeem it i can play it as long as i have PS Plus? Thanks. :)
Always, always claim the monthly games so that they remain in your library. If you're subscription lapses they lock but as soon as you renew the Essential games can be played just like before.

xrnzaaas

I wanted to play Endling so that's more than enough to call it a good month. Alan Wake Remastered is smart on Remedy's part to get people hyped for 2.

ToadMan

Apparently you need a minimum of 175GB on PS5, and then you'll have to add 60GB on top of that for the campaign. 😤

To be honest, this more than acquisitions, or MTX or bro gamers, is what puts me off of CoD. It’s why I skipped MW2 after enjoying MW1.

These install sizes are ridiculous now. I mean I’ll play the campaign - about 7 hours - and MP for another 20 or 30 hours (not warzone though). So its like 5Gbs for each hour of gameplay before I’m done with it.

That switch version can’t come soon enough - at least ATVI will have to get an intern to google digital compression algorithms.

Kerotan

Who wants to hear something hilarious?

My ps5 wants 223GB to install Cold War.

Hahahaha hahahaha hoooooo hahahahahaaaahah hahaha hahahahahaaaahah...stop, please, stop...my sides.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
You can delete the campaign when finished and save 70gigs. It took up about 170gb when I'd the packs I wanted installed.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Who wants to hear something hilarious?

My ps5 wants 223GB to install Cold War.

Hahahaha hahahaha hoooooo hahahahahaaaahah hahaha hahahahahaaaahah...stop, please, stop...my sides.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
You have to understand thats with everything installed campaign, multiplayer, zombies plus all of the free zombie/muliplayer maps that were released during its lifetime so it’s a lot of content

Esca

Cold wars zombie mode is good fun. Put many hours into that (don't care for cod otherwise). I'll check out anal wake

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There’s a reason why I switched to Battlefield, call of duty comes across as immature, and I’m not trying to stir the pot.

snoop dogg smile GIF by VH1

WoodyStare

Great options this month. I keep forgetting how huge the COD downloads are. Thankfully storage isn’t so much of a problem anymore with all of the prices on PS5 compatible SSDs. The 2TB of additional storage has really come in handy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why can't I just download the CW campaign by itself?
"Because fuck you, that's why!" - Activision

They want to take up the most space so average casual is more reluctant to uninstall to make room for other games, to get you sucked into the multiplayer loop. It's all psychological, you see.

NBA2K is the same with its 180GB give or take.

So only a handful of games are played at constant. Not venturing out to play other games.

Kusarigama

"Because fuck you, that's why!" - Activision

They want to take up the most space so average casual is more reluctant to uninstall to make room for other games, to get you sucked into the multiplayer loop. It's all psychological, you see.

NBA2K is the same with its 180GB give or take.

So only a handful of games are played at constant. Not venturing out to play other games.
I don't doubt this even a little. There is no freaking reason that this game has to be 174gb. And for the heck of it I am gonna download it and play the campaign and delete it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't doubt this even a little. There is no freaking reason that this game has to be 174gb. And for the heck of it I am gonna download it and play the campaign and delete it.
Especially when these consoles allow for the design to piecemeal the game modes. Been this way since the PS4 and even some games on the PS360 era. But here we are, with tools to make the process even simpler in these new machines SDK for developers, and they choose not to. On purpose. Bet.

LoveCake

Great line up, I don't have any of these games, I don't buy CoD games and iirc this is supposed to be a decent one?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Great line up, I don't have any of these games, I don't buy CoD games and iirc this is supposed to be a decent one?
yeah it’s all around solid campaign/multiplayer/zombies all good but wouldn’t call them the best

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Guys cod campaigns are like 6 hours. Install the game, buy a six pack of beer along with some pizza while its downloading/installing, play the campaign, and then immediately delete it. Not rocket science.

Top Bottom