• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Amplitude PS4 gameplay

Never played the original but I felt I had to back it or $20 for some reason.. It looks fun! :D

The Kickstarter campaign was awesome and full of open minded people like you :)

So many backers that hadn't played the original but supported Harmonix on this. It was awesome to see

For people who are backers there's a 2nd 10 minute video that they linked to the kickstarter.

Edit: Also there's going to be a playable demo at PSX

Carl

I almost forgot this kickstarter actually succeeded. I have no idea how, but it did. I had it backed but at the last minute i had to use the cash on something else so had to pull my backing, but i can't wait to buy it when it comes out! Looks fab

themanvern

Neo Member
I honestly thought there would never be another frequency/amplitude game after the guitar/rock band craze died off. Only thing ive backed on kickstarter... Bring it on... My fingers are ready

FinalD

Can't view right now, but the comments here please me. I'm also one of those never-played-but-backed-anyway guys.

I love Amplitude, but I still think Frequency was the better game in both presentation and music selection.
That being said, I'm still jazzed to see this.

Same, but I'm going to take what I can get. Amplitude is "good enough" because it's still better than any other attempt I've ever played to make a similar game.

Same, but I'm going to take what I can get. Amplitude is "good enough" because it's still better than any other attempt I've ever played to make a similar game.

The Circle tunnel design let you see all the lead notes at once and made it easier to transition around for combos

Sami+

I only ever played the demo for the original Amplitude, but I'm glad I backed this. Looks ace. Music is great as well.

Same. Hopefully there are some faster / more hectic levels.

This looks like it's on Filthy Casual Mode™. At least, I hope so. I also hope it doesn't do that bullshit thing most Japanese rhythm games seem to like to do where they lock the hardest modes away until you play the shitty boring mode.

besada

Banned
Looks beautiful. I was overcome with a wave of longing for the final product.

It looks like they were playing on the easier modes. I haven't checked my backer email yet, but I hope we get some footage of harder modes. The MP looked fun, though.

Also, when the rewards are sent out, I'll still be doing a modbot raffle to give away some of mine, including the T-Shirt and Vinyl.

What the heck is going on here? More and more stuff gets announced even before PSX!!

I loved this game during the PS2 era! Can't wait to try it out on PS4

Edit: oops..just realized this was a kickstarter..

Top Bottom