• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn confirmed for Summer 2015

SCEA WWS boss Scott Rhode just confirmed Until Dawn will launch next Summer whilst on stage at The Game Awards.

The game was previously dated for 'Early 2015' when the game was reannounced at gamescom in August.

Jeels

After seeing that game play, I am interested.

The idea of characters being able to die is really cool and its like Heavy Rain without the jank and an interesting premise.

The graphics and performances look great.

I'll def give it a chance.

nampad

Liked the cheesy Move version we saw better. Hope this game still has that B-movie horror charm to it.

Samyy

So thats already 5 confirmed Sony first-party titles next year?
Bloodborne, the Order, MLB, Until Dawn and Uncharted?

batbeg

I forgot this game existed. Despite all odds, with it being in many ways the antithesis of games I enjoy, I really want it. I think it'll make a fun choose-your-own-shitty-horror-book/move/game game.

Hexa

Looks really cool. So far its been keeping the almost humorous teen slasher feel so that's good. I can't handle legit horror games but I've really enjoyed what I've seen of this so far, so I'm hoping its not too scary.

Jeels

So thats already 5 confirmed Sony first-party titles next year?
Bloodborne, the Order, MLB, Until Dawn and Uncharted?

Ratchet

Probably Everybody's Golf/Tennis

It's going to be a great year.

Add the Japanese exclusives like Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona, Disgaea, and now Street Fighter and Sony is going to knock it out of the park in terms of games diversity.

Said it in the other thread, but Until Dawn is gonna be so awesome to play with friends in the same room. Everyone would be yelling different things at whoever is holding the controller and it'll be intense as hell. Interactive horror movie is such a rad idea.

Never really got into Cage's games, but this looks like it doesn't take itself seriously which will make it loads better imo.

Pretty interested in seeing more tomorrow!

An-Det

Nice to see a timeframe for release. Definitely looking forward to it, gameplay similar to David Cage games but in a horror setting seems perfect for me.

Elios83

The Heavy Rain formula they're clearly borrowed for this game works amazingly well for intense scenes with a lot of tension, quick decisions to be made and your life at stake.
I think it will be pretty effective for a horror story so I'm looking forward to this title although not at full price.

I wasn't too interested when I saw the trailer earlier this year but this gameplay has got me ready to throw money at my screen.

Well that was completely rad. And I think we all know the story is going to be better than anything David Cage could come up with.

Played this at PAX being intrigued by the idea of a horror game where you played the role of multiple characters and your choices and controlling the character properly dictated whether they survived the night or not. I had heard it was semi random what the killer did and your choices changed the path of the game greatly. What I got at PAX seemed very much like an on rail experience with almost no camera control or choice for routes as to increase the fear factor through pre determined jump scares. It was definitely not what I was expecting. If you like slasher films you will probably like this game. But like many of you are saying it's less a game than a cinematic experience like Heavy Rain with QTE's and the occasional choice.

What I played at PAX definitely turned me off.

Vyrance

No love for this game? I thought it was one of the best presentations at the conference. Looks like a damn fun game, especially playing it in a group of people

T.O.P

Banned
I'm interested to know if it will be a full priced release or something like 30$ on digital

Hoping fir the second

Replicant

This is the one game I wanted to play the most out of the PSX announced titles.

And oh, I hope there's a disc release.

The Lamp

After seeing that game play, I am interested.

The idea of characters being able to die is really cool and its like Heavy Rain without the jank and an interesting premise.

The graphics and performances look great.

I'll def give it a chance.

Same here.

This gives me a lot to play next year.

Paganmoon

Learned about it for the first time in the PSX presentation, looks cool, I loved Heavy Rain, so sort of hyped for this.
Only thing making me a bit reserved is the horror aspect, I hate horror :/ Hope it's not too scary.

LaNaranja

I've been hyped for this game since it was a PS3 Move game. It continues to look great. I loved Heavy Rain and this looks like a fun horror version of that.

Top Bottom