• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden 1 AND 2 coming to EU PSN in January

Konami EU says "it should be" about the Vita compatibility. After the Silent Hill imbroglio, I will remain cautious, but it would be astonishing if the games are not playable on Vita in Europe :|

Konami is really weird with the Vita compatibility to be sure. For example Dracula X Chronicles for PSP was on sale a month back and it didn't work on Vita. Week after the sale they stealth made it Vita compatible.

Meneses

Sweet baby jeebus.

That "it should be" though... I don't have my PS3 with me anymore. Please let this be Vita compatible.

Faustek

Well they did make Dracula X Chronicles PS vita compatible.
So it shouldn't be a Origins scenario...I hope :)

But man...#TEIEN lives once again ^^

Never played these games. Glad they're coming to EU.

Is Suikoden 1 a required play through? Or focus on 2?

Not required but definitely recommended. You can import your final save from Suikoden 1 into Suikoden 2, and it affects certain returning characters' stats, and gives you one of the best bonuses in any game ever.

Heartfyre

Yesterday, I had no intention of buying a Vita. With this news, now I'll be sure to get one within the month.

Time to go bargain-hunting!

Mephala

Reminiscence

Suikoden 2 Intro version. Still beautiful after all these years. No spoilers, it basically shows events leading up to the game and is a scene you will see shortly after you start and name your character.

Heartfyre

I need context on this what was fixed in the PAL ver.? Is it at least optimized at 50 Hz?

There's a significant difference between the NTSC and PAL versions, and it's mostly the very unfortunate audio bugs. Many of the War Battles play with no music in the American version (which is a heinous thing because it's such a great theme), the character Annalee has a number of songs that don't play, and the Hero is just left standing there in silence for a couple of minutes and can't move. The infamous TcDohl naming glitch is fixed. There's a recipe glitch where certain items will not appear as random drops if you get others random drop items early, but not in the European version. The end credits music is also borked, but works in the PAL version. There's probably more minor things, too. The game came out nearly a year later in Europe, so they had the time to polish it up more.

And really, certain games benefit from 60Hz more than others. The Suikoden games are turn-based story-heavy RPGs -- not twitch shooters. Visual differences are negligible, and I've only had a great experience with the PAL version of Suikoden II sans bugs. In fact, I will be annoyed if, for some reason, they put up the NTSC version. That's something to be worried about, not the inverse.

Amg!

I was worried this wasn't coming to Europe when they announced it. Really pleased with this. Both of them will be mine!

Now, where's that Legend of Dragoon in Europe, Sony...

J_Ark

Reminiscence

Suikoden 2 Intro version. Still beautiful after all these years. No spoilers, it basically shows events leading up to the game and is a scene you will see shortly after you start and name your character.

BEST.SCENE.EVER.

I hope NeoGAF will be soon filled with LTTP and RTTP of both games so I can re-enjoy the epic moments of both games with you all :D

Faustek

Well KonamiUK just said it would be PS Vita compatible :D

http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/2014/12/08/suikoden-i-ii-heads-to-psn-european-release-next-month/

Suikoden fans, your cries for getting Suikoden I & II on the PlayStation Network have been answered; we can confirm that these classic RPG’s are coming to European PSN in January for PS3 and PS VITA! This means it is only a matter of weeks before European fans can get stuck in to these amazing worlds once again, and since they are available on the VITA, you can even play them on-the-go

Tizoc

There's a significant difference between the NTSC and PAL versions, and it's mostly the very unfortunate audio bugs. Many of the War Battles play with no music in the American version (which is a heinous thing because it's such a great theme), the character Annalee has a number of songs that don't play, and the Hero is just left standing there in silence for a couple of minutes and can't move. The infamous TcDohl naming glitch is fixed. There's a recipe glitch where certain items will not appear as random drops if you get others random drop items early, but not in the European version. The end credits music is also borked, but works in the PAL version. There's probably more minor things, too. The game came out nearly a year later in Europe, so they had the time to polish it up more.

And really, certain games benefit from 60Hz more than others. The Suikoden games are turn-based story-heavy RPGs -- not twitch shooters. Visual differences are negligible, and I've only had a great experience with the PAL version of Suikoden II sans bugs. In fact, I will be annoyed if, for some reason, they put up the NTSC version. That's something to be worried about, not the inverse.

Interesting, I wonder if the game's delay was for them to try and fix the NTSC release? Highly unlikely, but it would be interesting if that were the case, guess I'm double dipping and getting the EU ver. too once it is up.

Suzzopher

tumblr_inline_mv1ov2wGiV1r6l1v1.gif

Amazing news!!

Begaria

I hope Suikoden 2 does really, really well and more new gamers check it out. It absolutely deserves every bit of credit and sale it gets.

Clearos

If you never played do yourself the favor and play both. I will be doing myself the same favor just for the 4-5th time.

I hope Suikoden 2 does really, really well and more new gamers check it out. It absolutely deserves every bit of credit and sale it gets.

both tbh, I personally prefer the war system in 1, so I prefer 1 but 2 is still amazing, Luca Blight best game villian ever

flowsnake

I was going to say I would only get it if it's 60hz...but maybe not.

Is it squished?

Suzzopher

Just had a look on Konami's EU blog to see if any date was announced yet, however it seems that only PlayStation 3 is mentioned in the blog post, I'm pretty sure the original post did not mention a platform besides PSN.

Just had a look on Konami's EU blog to see if any date was announced yet, however it seems that only PlayStation 3 is mentioned in the blog post, I'm pretty sure the original post did not mention a platform besides PSN.

Yep, they can't confirm if the games will be compatible with Vita yet. They probably won't be. SCEE puts up a big fight whenever publishers want to make a PSX or PSP game work on Vita for some demented reason.

Menchi

Yep, they can't confirm if the games will be compatible with Vita yet. They probably won't be. SCEE puts up a big fight whenever publishers want to make a PSX or PSP game work on Vita for some demented reason.

Whaa? This was posted by Konami already.

Well KonamiUK just said it would be PS Vita compatible :D

http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/2014/12/08/suikoden-i-ii-heads-to-psn-european-release-next-month/

Suikoden fans, your cries for getting Suikoden I & II on the PlayStation Network have been answered; we can confirm that these classic RPG’s are coming to European PSN in January for PS3 and PS VITA! This means it is only a matter of weeks before European fans can get stuck in to these amazing worlds once again, and since they are available on the VITA, you can even play them on-the-go

Nothing surprises me with SCEE.

Whaa? This was posted by Konami already.

lol

also this

Hi Wouter, yep – the formats you will be able to play the games on are: PS3, PSP, PS VITA and PlayStation TV.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Not in the UK it isn't. I bought it when it was going cheap and the fucker's incompatible with Vita over here.
Well it should be now. I bought it on European PSN some weeks ago when they made it compatible and it sure works.

Top Bottom