• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden 1 AND 2 coming to EU PSN in January

X4bNw5Q.gif

Tizoc

Hopefully these will be the NTSC 60 Hz versions and not the 50 Hz PAL versions, but knowing SCEE...

Tiu Neo

Finally, everyone can play this game without paying absurd amounts for it :D

I'll probably double dip, if the European version is the PAL/"fixed" version.

Tizoc

Finally, everyone can play this game without paying absurd amounts for it :D

I'll probably double dip, if the European version is the PAL/"fixed" version.

I need context on this what was fixed in the PAL ver.? Is it at least optimized at 50 Hz?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Are the fixed European versions speed optimized? I read that the NTSC version of 2 is terribly buggy so I don't really know which version I want.
Looking forward to play these for the first time nevertheless.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Fuck yes!

My Vita is going to get a ton of usage when these arrive. I was really annoyed when the announcement turned out to be US only, I've been wanting to buy myself some copies since they first came out and I got to borrow them for a couple weeks from a friend and then never came across them again for any sort of reasonable price.

As a lover of classic JRPGS I assume I will love this? Just want a confirmed price now...
Suikoden is one of the best JRPG series of all time, and my personal favorite, and I've played a lot of JRPGs.

Any and all JRPG fans owe to themselves to give the series a go IMO.

Portugeezer

I played Suikoden Tierkreis on DS, should I expect similar?

Also, how does it hold up by todays standards? Keep in mind I enjoyed JRPG's on DS like Dragon Quest 5 and 6.

Steroyd

I can experience Suikoden for the first time ever.thank you digital downloads, thank you Playstation 1 classics being a thing, and thanks Konami... eventually.

And with that, I think that only leaves Chrono Trigger as my most regretted non-purchase decades after release.

I played Suikoden Tierkreis on DS, should I expect similar?

Also, how does it hold up by todays standards? Keep in mind I enjoyed JRPG's on DS like Dragon Quest 5 and 6.
Tierkreis is a Suikoden in name only. It's a passible JRPG but a horrible (and non-canon) Suikoden game.

These two are the real deal. If you like "golden age" JRPGs, you'll eat these up.

Tiu Neo

I need context on this what was fixed in the PAL ver.? Is it at least optimized at 50 Hz?

A few bugs. As far as I know, the McDohl naming bug and the missing audio from a few battles and from when Annallee sings.

Not sure if it's optimized for 50hz, I only played the NTSC versions before. Hope the music, at least, is unaffected.

Never played these games. Glad they're coming to EU.

Is Suikoden 1 a required play through? Or focus on 2?
If you want the full effect of the story, world and characters, yes.

The main selling point of the series, at least IMO, is the fact that the main canon series all take place in the same world, and many characters and plot elements reoccur throughout the series.

You can play Suikoden II stand alone and have a great time with it, but you won't get as much out of it as you would if you played Suikoden first. And the first game is very short, so it should be no problem to knock it out in a week. Plus, it's a great game in its own right.

Tiu Neo

The only one i played was 4. Enjoyed what i played of it but other things came out that were much better at the time.

IV is considered the worst on the main series, by most fans. I still like it, but you should try I and II, if you like RPGs.

Nottle

I can't wait for Suikoden 2. I bought the first one but still need to get into it. What i played was really cool.
What's it going to take for us to get the PS2 games released? Or at least 3 and 5 because I haven't heard good things about 4.

Tiu Neo

I can't wait for Suikoden 2. I bought the first one but still need to get into it. What i played was really cool.
What's it going to take for us to get the PS2 games released? Or at least 3 and 5 because I haven't heard good things about 4.

IV isn't as bad as some people say. It has a few faults, but the story is still great, and if you get Viki as soon as you can, the traveling isn't thaaat boring.

IV isn't as bad as some people say. It has a few faults, but the story is still great, and if you get Viki as soon as you can, the traveling isn't thaaat boring.
Yeah, IV is a fine game. It's definitely the weakest mainline entry, but I'd take 1000 IVs over another Tierkreis.

Plus, the addition of Suikoden Tactics makes IV more enjoyable.

Top Bottom