• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Avatars not loading - PS4 OS

Pallaris

Pretty much this - my PS4 has stopped displaying avatars - instead showing the default grey head icon for everything under the 'whats new' feed, and the 'friends who play this' section within individual apps.

Avatars only show in the 'friends' list.

I tried rebooting, logging out/into PSN etc. Same deal.

Anyone else had this?

wotter

Same here, started to happen about a week ago, still haven't found a fix yet :(. Also: trophies aren't displayed in the individual games sections anymore, although all trophies are displaying just fine when loading my profile.

I noticed this as well. Need more stability up in here.

Sorta unrelated, but is there no way to change your avatar to a downloaded one on the PS4? The only ones that show up for me are the default avatars. I would use my PS3 (since I know for sure you can on that), but I've been letting a friend borrow it.

Jonnax

Yeah got the same issue. I did notice that my one real name friend that has his facebook profile picture is the only person with an avatar.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah, spotted this after last stability update. But that is only in PSN news feed, otherwise I see other people avatars

Yeah, there have been a lot of little things like this popping up lately. And some more serious issues like dlc that's been purchased but not accessible in game.

If only there was some way they could issue a patch to...oh I don't know...offer a little more stability to the platform.

I kid, but every time they fix something 10 more issues pop up somewhere else.

B-Dex

I noticed this as well. Need more stability up in here.

Sorta unrelated, but is there no way to change your avatar to a downloaded one on the PS4? The only ones that show up for me are the default avatars. I would use my PS3 (since I know for sure you can on that), but I've been letting a friend borrow it.

You have to do it on your PS3. But it will display fine on PS4.

Fenzer

Anyone know how work confidentiality for custom Avatars work ?

I see many people online with a custom avatar but when I look in privacy settings I can only change privacy settings for both avatar & my real name. Is there anyway to enable this only for my profile picture?

I have this problem too with avatars not loading or friends list taking ages to load.

I bought GTAV yesterday off PSN, the initial download was really fast however when I clicked to play the game it has the installing screen and it has been installing for the last 18 hours now and is at 53%.

Checked my broadband and that's running fine at 150mb and even doing the test on my PS4 it says it's fine and is getting 50mb so not sure what's up with that.

Top Bottom