• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Looking at Potentially Offering Game Time for Gold in WoW

HowZatOZ

Banned
Figured this was somewhat newsworthy as several other games in the past have done so (WildStar and EVE are the biggest).

Blizzard has revealed that they are looking at allowing players the chance to trade in-game gold currency for game time, and vice versa. Of course it isn't just as a means to combat farmers, this feature has been requested for quite some time.
"Our current thought on this is that it would give players a way to use their surplus gold to cover some of their subscription cost, while giving players who might have less play time an option for acquiring gold from other players through a legit and secure system," the blog reads.

"A few other online games offer a similar option, and players have suggested that they’d be interested in seeing something along those lines in WoW."
Sell my gold if old.

It'd be pretty progressive for them to do this, as other MMOs have been doing this for a while(EVE, uhhhhh.....EVE).

I'd find it interesting. As someone who NEEDS MORE POWER, I'd be willing to sale some.

Oxn

Hmmmmmm my account hasnt been active in years but I do have over 200k Gold in there.

Hmmmmmm

Top Bottom