• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X: Kung Lao confirmed

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kung Lao got confirmed to be in MKX due to the scan but I can't really post the scan since it's against tos.

I would like to credit C-Sword for bringing it to us.

Also more information on Kung Lao's styles

Weird hat is only in one variation it seems, other two he has his regular hat.
His variations are, tempest, hat trick, buzz saw.

Tempest gives him more spin attacks, and lets him use his hat like a shield that flys around him.
Buzz Saw gives him more hat throw attacks.
Hat Trick lets him control his hat throws, throw them and recall it at any point, and can use it to extend combos.

There's information about his three styles floating around too

Tempest -> More "spinning" attacks. Can use the hat as a spinning shield of sorts.
Buzz Saw -> Hat is sharpened and more emphasis on hat throwing attacks
Hat Trick -> Can throw and call back hat at any time at any point on level. Sounds like a Zoning kind of variation

Ploid 3.0

I like Kung Lao, so awesome. I now remembered about the Mortal Kombat TV series that used to air after Wrestling. Good times.

emb

Kung Lao is my dude.

Thought he was the coolest one in MK II when I played it way back. Then it turned out he was busted-good in MK9, so I messed around with him there. I bet he's bad now, to over correct for being good in the previous game. But I don't care, I'll still play 'im.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
new hat looks horrible.
will probably be op again.

edit: would be cool if the hat changed based on variation.

tootsi666

I hope we get a reveal trailer soon and see his variations. Hopefully his variations being 'the most encompassing' isn't just market talk.

Banned
One of the best fatalities from MK9. I liked using him.

video-games-mortal-kombat-fatality-kung-lao.gif

His death in 9 was bullshit. In fact, everyone's death in 9 was bullshit.

I'm going to have to agree with this opinion on his death. I liked how Raidens actions had severe consequences and his death was sudden and unexpected. Shows Shao Kahn is a ruthless dick.

emb

No idea where I can find these scans. Tried searching and zilch.
EDIT: Awesome GAFer helped me out in PM.
For anyone else looking, try searching around testyourmight.

Not sure if there are more, but it was enough to give me an idea what people were talking about.

Top Bottom