• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

What is Banshee?

Banshee is a balls to the wall pulp action series that airs Friday nights on Cinemax. Easily the most brutal show on television, it's like watching a visceral live action graphic novel where people get punched, kicked, stabbed, shot, blown up, crushed, and otherwise beaten to a pulp every week. It's not all violence though - the show has a highly entertaining cast of characters consisting of Native American assassins, Amish farmers, Russian Gangsters, and an Albino cutthroat. Oh yeah, there's also a lot of sex and nudity. If you're into that sort of thing.

The Plot

'Banshee' stars Antony Starr as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pennsylvania, where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier.

The Cast

• Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pa., where he continues his criminal pursuits while enforcing his own code of justice.
  • Job, a dangerous transvestite computer hacker who assists Lucas and Carrie in their criminal enterprises.
  • Sugar Bates, a powerful and wise former boxer and ex-con who is now the owner of the local watering hole.

• Carrie Hopewell, a notorious jewel thief who lives in Banshee under an assumed identity with her family, which has recently learned of her criminal past.
  • Gordon Hopewell, Banshee’s district attorney-turned-mayor and a former marinew who served in the first Gulf War.
  • Deva, the Hopewell’s daughter, who is rattled after learning that Lucas fathered her.

• Kai Proctor, an intimidating, wealthy businessman who believes he is above the law. Disowned by his Amish family, Kai has a hand in nearly all of Banshee's criminal enterprises.
  • Rebecca Bowman, who has been taken under the wing of her uncle, Kai Proctor, and is looking to assume a larger role in his criminal activities.
  • Clay Burton is the personal assistant and bodyguard for Kai Proctor.

• Chayton Littlestone, the Kinaho tribe’s imposing leader and leader of a local gang on the reservation known as the Redbones.
  • Nola Longshadow, a Native American assassin out to avenge her brother’s killing.
  • Hoyt Rivers, head of security for Alex Longshadow.

• Siobhan Kelly, Lucas’s deputy and new girlfriend.
  • Brock Lotus, Lucas’ long-suffering veteran deputy.
  • Billy Raven, a Kinaho tribe member hired as a new deputy.

Other cast members include:

• Langley Kirkwood as Col. Douglas Stowe
  • Gabriel Suttle as Max Hopewell
  • Afton Williamson as Alison Medding
  • Denis O’Hare as FBI Special Agent Robert Phillips
  • Tom Pelphrey as Kurt Bunker
  • Meaghan Rath as Aimee King

Gc8PrEG.jpg

Videos and Links

Season 3: Trailer

Sins Tease
Blood In Banshee Promo
Return to Banshee

Banshee Season 3: Origins – Busy Night
Banshee Season 3: Origins – Always Be Prepared
Banshee Season 3: Origins – Off Duty
Banshee Season 3: Origins – Getting to Know You
Banshee Season 3: Origins – Takeover
Banshee Season 3: Origins – Birthday
Banshee Season 3: Origins – Bugs and Thugs

Withdrawal - Lucas
Withdrawal - The Hopewells
Withdrawal - Proctor
Withdrawal - Rebecca
Withdrawal - Chayton

Tough Choices #1 - The Albino vs. Chayton
Tough Choices #2 - The Savoy or The Forge?
Tough Choices #3 - Job vs. Burton

Season 1 + 2 Extended Recap

Season 1 Prequel Comic

The Great Wall O' GIFS

Season 1 OT
Season 2 OT

6VE7VLY.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tumblr_n2gtvjNdPe1qi532yo1_r1_250.gif

lets do this! Didnt know Nola was coming back, but it makes sense. She is ridiculously fine

Sojgat

At last, the continued adventures of Job and Sugar.

Hopefully Hood doesn't get so much screen time this season.

Oh man, I am so hyped for this.

Cannot wait to see Chayton wreck some shit and Nola is back too? AW YEAH.

My only disappointment are the events of the season 2 finale. Didn't need to go out like that man, it just shouldn't have happened. Deserved a much better end...

BBboy20

I thought Banshee was just a low key version of Strike Back (or vice versa).

When I saw a trailer of season 3 at a Popeye's, it looked very random. Now reading all that confirms it.

Seriously, robotic hands!? This Peace Walker or what?

UrbanRats

I thought Banshee was just a low key version of Strike Back (or vice versa).

When I saw a trailer of season 3 at a Popeye's, it looked very random. Now reading all that confirms it.

Seriously, robotic hands!? This Peace Walker or what?

Who has robotic hands?

Anyway, S2 wasn't shit, but let's hope this one can get back the the more focused goodness that was S1.

C4Lukins

I cannot wait. And most importantly, Carrie is much hotter then Rebecca.

Edit: I appreciate the effort of the OP.

- Sepinwall's review:
I've seen six of the new season's 10 episodes, each of them offering me some kind of visual or stunt or other flourish that I hadn't seen in quite that way before, and bringing in more interesting actors and characters to play in this strange, fun, dangerous sandbox. There will probably come a time when the preservation of Hood's secret will become too convoluted for even a show this elastic, and maybe even one where the stunt team will run out of new ways to show people injuring one another. For now, though, I'm happy to let "Banshee" keep on pummeling me and anyone else lucky/foolish enough to cross its border.

Grifter

Folks are excited for Nola? She was part of the reason S2 underwhelmed to me.

S3 Origins also not bringing the hype after S1's were amazeballs and S2 still pretty good.

RS4-

Fuck, just finished Origins, Chayton got put under a spell.

Glad to see that it's back tomorrow. Felt like ages.

Season premiere tonight:
The Fire Trials

Carrie faces backlash in the wake of her revelation to Gordon and Deva about her past; Lucas faces a new threat; Chayton Littlestone is hell-bent on whipping the Kinaho tribe into a frenzy of violence against their enemies.

One more note: at least on DirecTV, and probably on other carriers, all of the premium channels are free this weekend.

Sigh, just how long is that
Carrie's past pissing off Gordon/Deva garbage
going to carry on?

It was fine in season 1, annoying to the point where I started to skip those scenes in season 2, it's frustrating we're still having to deal with it...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. I had forgotten this was back tonight.

UtI5Nay.gif

GET HYPE

Edit: I hope this is the season when my beloved Amish temptress goes fully bad

businessk7j2i.gif

ohgodohgodohgod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom