• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve PC Specs Revealed

killercow

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

INTEL CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600

AMD CPU: Athlon 64 X2 6400

SYSTEM RAM: 4GB

NVIDIA VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 560

ATI VIDEO CARD: Radeon HD 5770

VIDEO MEMORY: 1GB

HARD DRIVE: 50GB

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS:

INTEL CPU: Core i7-920

AMD CPU: A8-3870K

SYSTEM RAM: 6GB

NVIDIA VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 670 or GTX 760

ATI VIDEO CARD: Radeon R9 280

VIDEO MEMORY: 2GB

HARD DRIVE: 50GB

Settings:

Texture Detail
Shader Detail
Model Detail
Shadow Quality
Particle Quality
Anti-Aliasing
Tessellation
VSYNC
Resolution (Speaking of which….)

The game supports 4k resolutions right now. HOWEVER, there is no support for SLI out of the box. Our teams are working on that and hope to get SLI support into Evolve as soon as possible. As soon as we have more info to share here, we will!

http://evolvegame.com/news/evolve-pc-specs-revealed

The lack of SLI support in recent "AAA" games is a real bummer.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Quite a large base line there. Lots of folks should be able to play this.

Kezen

Banned
No AF setting ? I hope it can be forced in the CP (should be).
On the Geforce site it is mentioned the game supports TXAA and HBAO+, I don't see either in the settings shot.

60fps should be pretty easy to achieve even with max settings engaged.

Qassim

Wonder if it'll still have the Hz cap (or whatever was causing the stuttering / choppiness).

Oh shit yeah, I forgot about that from the alpha. If I'm ever considering buying this game, the 60hz cap would definitely work against it for me.

mtodavk

60fps should be pretty easy to achieve even with max settings engaged.

I played at max settings all through the alpha at a locked 60fps. Game seems pretty ready to go performance wise other than the matchmaking issues in the second alpha.

Yudoken

An i7?
Is there even a game which uses more than two threads?
This is just stupid too assume that an i7 is more beneficial for gaming (without streaming or similiar things) than an i5.
I would really wish that an i7 would be used for gaming but where not there.

Kezen

Banned
WhAN i7?
Are they crazy?
This is just stupid too assume that an i7 is more beneficial for gaming (without streaming or similiar things) than an i5.

The advantage of a I7 for gaming is not extraordinarily significant for now, but it still provides some non neglectible boosts.
http://maldotex.blogspot.fr/2013/02/hyperthreading-and-real-custom-graphics.html

http://www.computerbase.de/2014-05/benchmarks-watch-dogs-amd-nvidia-vergleich/

Cimarron

What happens when you have SLI enabled on your rig and a game doesn't support it? Does it just ignore it? Or will you have problems with the game if you do not disbale it?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Huh. I have a 670 4GB and an i5 3570k. The alpha ran like total garbage and would tank into the single digits anytime I got in an encounter (even when using medium settings). I'm interested to see what the beta is like.

dex3108

Another day, anothers specs revealed that are not GTA V specs. :D Very low sys req for Evolve and that is really good.

KKRT00

Those are the lowest spec requirements I've seen in a larger title like this in a long time.

Because those are first that are honest :p

Although i think that two cores CPUs will bottleneck a lot in CE 3.5, so i think they went to low with those. Something other with at least 3 threads and preferably 4 threads would be more accurate.

Can someone seriously explain to me why a seemingly huge game like Dragon Age Inquisition only takes up less than 30gigs but a FPS with way less graphical assets (not to mention almost devote of dialog) like Evolve takes 50gigs?

Tenebrous

Huh. I have a 670 4GB and an i5 3570k. The alpha ran like total garbage and would tank into the single digits anytime I got in an encounter (even when using medium settings). I'm interested to see what the beta is like.

Bizarre. I'm running a 780 & 3770k and it never dropped below 60. I know there's a little bit between our systems, but not so much that you should be dropping into single digits...

Evolve is nothing spectacular graphically, and with no real AI & just a handful of players to track, I'm not surprised at the system requirements.

Mupod

An i7?

I do think it's funny that people freak the fuck out for no reason whenever they see 'i7' in a system requirements thread, but I figured this one would be safe considering that processor is ancient.

KKRT00

Bizarre. I'm running a 780 & 3770k and it never dropped below 60. I know there's a little bit between our systems, but not so much that you should be dropping into single digits...

Evolve is nothing spectacular graphically, and with no real AI & just a handful of players to track, I'm not surprised at the system requirements.
AI is any game i know is cheaper than CryEngine 3.5 vegetation physics tech.

iceatcs

Interesting that you have to code for SLi support. I thought it is not require anything, just plug n play.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Well, I'm just glad it was happening during the alpha instead of the actual release. I wasn't too worried about it, since it was so extreme. I don't expect to have a slideshow once the game is actually released. My hardware is a bit old, but it's not that old.

Is there going to be a beta for those that have already purchased the game?

tioslash

Played the Big Alpha and was surprised at how well it ran on my system. Hopefully it runs even better on the final version.

Smokey

What happens when you have SLI enabled on your rig and a game doesn't support it? Does it just ignore it? Or will you have problems with the game if you do not disbale it?

You get terrible performance.

Yesterday I had my 3 GPUs active and was getting 16fps in Mordor @ 2560x1440. Disabled SLI and I was getting 55-60.

Well, I'm just glad it was happening during the alpha instead of the actual release. I wasn't too worried about it, since it was so extreme. I don't expect to have a slideshow once the game is actually released. My hardware is a bit old, but it's not that old.

Is there going to be a beta for those that have already purchased the game?

Yes. A closed beta for people in the Alpha will run from the 16 to 19 for PC. Codes should be sent soon.

I hope I Can get it to work this time. I gave away my pc code to a friend and thought I could play on the ps4 but we all now how that turned out.

SLi needs to be a standard. These days, the cost to performance ratio almost always swings the way of SLI rather than single cards.

Hopefully the guys at Nvidia can one day work some magic to make SLI less of an issue on the software side of things.

Boogdud

Kind of semi-off topic, but it's something that has bugged me for 20+ years. I really wish that there was a standard to these "minimum" and "recommended" requirements.

Like minimum would = running the game at 30fps at an industry standard resolution with the lowest settings available to said game. "Recommended" meaning running the game at 60fps medium settings (settings to be determined by the developer per title).

Firebrand

Very mild, alpha ran well so not surprising. Cryengine is great.
Really? My overall impression from talking to friends and reading GAF was that it was really stuttery, even with texture quality dropped to Medium. Not sure I'd trust the 2GB recommendation.

riflen

SLi needs to be a standard. These days, the cost to performance ratio almost always swings the way of SLI rather than single cards.

Hopefully the guys at Nvidia can one day work some magic to make SLI less of an issue on the software side of things.

NVIDIA can't do shit about improving AFR SLI support in games. From the creator's perspective the number of customers with multiple GPUs is so tiny and computer game projects are almost always time/resource constrained. SLI support is often an afterthought.

A NVIDIA employee has said on this forum that if there's no SLI profile at game launch, it's not from lack of trying. I take that to mean that in some cases adding AFR SLI support is non-trivial and can require significant resource from the developers. Some games will be engineered in a way that just makes the feature infeasible to implement.

Our best bet for proper mGPU support in games, is for the API to have constructs specifically for it. Microsoft have stated that mGPU support will be a feature of DirectX12 (and therefore hopefully DirectX 11.3). Nothing has been shown publicly on this, but fingers crossed. GDC this year should be really interesting.

Top Bottom