• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K has the worst support I have ever dealt with. Can GAF help?

I bought NBA2K for PS4 back in November but haven't played it because the game update won't install. The game install itself works smoothly but I get prompted to update the software before I can proceed to use network features. I am able to download the update but after it finishes I continually get a notification saying "Cannot Install" followed by "Error Code CE-37732-2." After looking this system error code up at the Sony website I found the following:

Downloaded data may have been corrupted during the download process.

Step 1: Delete the content from home screen, then restart the system. Next, re-download the content from the Library.

Step 2: If the error persists, go to [Settings] > [Initialization] > [Initialize PS4] and try the PS4 initialization.

Step 3: If the error occurs again there may be an issue with the PS4's hard drive (HDD). If you have previously changed the HDD, use the other HDD. If not, please visit our Contact page to contact SCEA for additional technical support

I did all three steps with no change, still cannot install update. My next move was to contact Sony. After going through a few troubleshooting ideas with them, I was told that since all of my other games update fine, it was a problem with 2K and I should contact them directly.

I did. My first e-mail was sent on Dec. 8th and was outlined similar to this post. The reply came 10 days later, saying the problem was fixed and to reinstall the game. I did so and it would not install the update. I emailed them right back saying it did not work.

The next e-mail came 10 days later and instructed me to delete and re-install the game, which I had done already on numerous occasions (as I told them that I did). I tried it again for the hell of it, still no luck. I sent another reply.

8 days later I get a response saying I need to do a Initialization. It's been a month since my first e-mail and all they do is instruct me to do the things I've already tried, found out didn't work, and mentioned in my first e-mail!

It's been 10 days since their last e-mail that said that my case is escalated to tier 2 support.

TLDR: It took 2K over a month to read to me my own e-mail instructions on how to fix the problem. It still doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem that can help me out, or am I stuck waiting on 2k?

Ok so it has been 21 days without a response since my case was elevated to "Tier 2". I took your advice and sent another e-mail on Sunday asking for my money back. Still no response. This is a joke.

Top Bottom