• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flipnote Studio 3D: looks like it's still coming to Europe

L~A

Comes from the message about the Club Nintendo discontinuation.

We’re working hard to create a new programme, which we plan to launch later this year. And as a special offer, users who sign up to the new programme during the launch period will be able to download Flipnote Studio 3D to a Nintendo 3DS system for free. Please stay tuned to the Nintendo website for further details.

Source

North America will get it too:

As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February. This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D. Users who uploaded creations to Flipnote Hatena will be able to download their personal animations from the Nintendo DSi Library menu in Flipnote Studio 3D software. Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30. The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D.

I thought it was free to begin with? Does this mean the online services will be free to those that sign up, or are they actually go to start charging for it?

It might be the only way to get it even if signing up is free.

Either they don't plan it to make it available on the eShop, or it's not gonna be free.

Seems like a scummy thing to do.

I expect the new program will be what Iwata talked about last year at the investors' meeting (this year's is this week, right?), where they want to reward those that continuously buy products with incentives like discounts.

JB2448

North America as well:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150120005357/en
Nintendo of America said:
As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February. This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D. Users who uploaded creations to Flipnote Hatena will be able to download their personal animations from the Nintendo DSi Library menu in Flipnote Studio 3D software. Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30. The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D.

L~A

Seems like a scummy thing to do.

I expect the new program will be what Iwata talked about last year at the investors' meeting (this year's is this week, right?), where they want to reward those that continuously buy products with incentives like discounts.

I don't think it's scummy. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it just means the software will only be available via this New Club Nintendo for a limited time, then it'll be made available on the eShop (for free).

I don't think it's scummy. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it just means the software will only be available via this New Club Nintendo for a limited time, then it'll be made available on the eShop (for free).

The North American FAQs that went up (Here) mention is being a special version. So probably free online services.

AdanVC

Flipnote Studio finally coming yesss
tumblr_mqo54irwmL1s5zwimo1_500.gif

L~A

The North American FAQs that went up (Here) mention is being a special version. So probably free online services.

Oh, I didn't see that. Yeah, that makes sense, I knew they weren't going to make the game exclusive or even paid (regular version will be free, with only the WW gallery as paid).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This news is kind of lost amongst the semi death of Club Nintendo.

Hopefully I make more use of this than I did the DSi version ha ha ha.

TomShoe

Banned
Sweet. I don't know how big the community will be, probably lost big names like EpicGuitar and Anthony over the years.

Platy

Glorious news is glorious !

This and the promised flood of club nintendo rewards kinda make up for the death of the system !

I can still remember some familiar/popular names/series like it was yesterday. Wonder if they will pop up in Flipnote World.
Going around Flipnote Hatena every day is what I used to, discovering some things that I wasn't even aware of.
Did the Japanese version had online sharing?

Because NintendoLife is saying that the western version will NOT have online sharing. Just local...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nt_loyalty_programme_coming_later_in_the_year
The Japanese version currently has the Flipnote World feature which allowed people to share and upload same way as Flipnote Hatena.
When Flipnote Studio 3D was announced, Flipnote World was listed on the website and I believe it still is. After the Swapnote incident, I wouldn't be surprised if they cowardly chose to just remove the feature for the sake of the children.
It got closed down with Swapnote, IIRC.
Flipnote Gallery: Friends was the one that closed down. Flipnote World is still running in the Japanese version.

Shiggy

Just been reading through the official site - so there's no sharing function anymore? What's the point then? Kind of ridiculous to release it after 2 years then.

Platy

Just been reading through the official site - so there's no sharing function anymore? What's the point then? Kind of ridiculous to release it after 2 years then.

You can probably sendo to the interwebs trough the 3ds browser (gmail works wonderfully for this) and post on gaf ! =D

Kouriozan

You can still convert and post them as a gif.
There is also the world sharing which has a monthly fee in Japan.

Top Bottom