• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grey Goo |OT| Nanomachines son!

BadTaste

This should be available to play on Steam any second now.

Edit: After relaunching Steam I now have the option to install it, woop. It's 8.2 GB for those wondering.

Icefire1424

Still pretty surprised just how little publicity this game has received. I think it was generally unheard of until a few months ago, and there's still little to no talk about it.

Will keep an eye on this thread, eager to hear feedback from gaffers out there.

Dolor

Using Steamworks :

Single-player
Multi-player
Steam Achievements
Steam Leaderboards
Steam Cloud
Stats
Includes level editor
Steam Workshop

I have been told by one of the devs (I believe) on the Steam forums that it will have trading cards as well, but SteamDB seems to say it doesn't yet.

I do hope they add these though. Games looks quite good.

Think if I have one concern going in it's that a lot of the units seem to have similar names and appearances. That said I haven't even touched it yet so I don't know if this'll become an issue.

Amir0x

Banned
Sooo gonna get this game. The grey goo "race" seems like one of the more novel things I've ever seen in this genre.

Steel

Banned
I'm really liking what I'm hearing in the reviews, think I'll be picking this up and convince a few friends to jump in. Shame the game has such a weird name(I know the background behind it, it's still a terrible name) that will handicap sales though.

Nokterian

I'm really liking what I'm hearing in the reviews, think I'll be picking this up and convince a few friends to jump in. Shame the game has such a weird name(I know the background behind it, it's still a terrible name) that will handicap sales though.

Currently number 2 on top seller list on Steam EU here.

Xander51

I had no interest in this game due to the weird title...until I learned just now from this thread that Petroglyph made it. They make great stuff!

BadTaste

Only been playing for 10 minutes so I'm not gonna give off impressions on the gameplay yet. Performance is great though, I find it's using all 2GB of my VRAM and 64-100% of my GPU too, 60FPS. My PC is more or less the same as the recommended system requirements.

Mrbob

Been a long time since I've a good new non Blizzard RTS. I want to purchase this but really wish there was a demo. Is there any type of co op? Can you crank up the ai difficulty in skirmish maps and play with a friend?

Max

I am not Max
Where the hell did this game come from? Topping the charts in Steam somehow...

The orange and blue is nauseating

Human_me

I wasn't going to buy it at £30 but.... The initial reviews and impressions are encouraging.
Bought!

I hope I'm not disappointed. I haven't played a new good traditional RTS in a long time.

Top Bottom