• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creative Assembly (Alien: Isolation) Should do Resident Evil 3

DedValve

Banned
A dream request but just imagine a stealth-horror focus for RE3 with Nemesis being as adaptive and intelligent as the Alien itself.

Just finished Alien: Isolation and while there are some severe pacing problems (especially the ending) the mechanics are so well done and well thought out that it was an enjoyable and incredibly tense ride throughout.

The thought didn't even occur to me until after I beat the game where I wanted to play another campaign with this ai and no other game I feel comes close to being a perfect match as RE3:Nemesis (it's even got a subtitle to boot!).

Just imagine having an openish world to explore knowing that Nemesis is on your tail, any combat encounter with zombies could risk drawing out Nemesis. Other creatures could ruin your chances of finding a good hiding spot. You could injure Nemesis temporarily by wasting an extreme amount of ammo.

I feel that Alien: Isolation did a far better job of making a singular enemy a massive threat throughout the game far better than RE3 ever did even if I think that RE3 is an overall stronger game.

Any other potentially good matches for the Alien AI?

I love isolation dearly but the alien ai was horrible. After an hour it felt less like a living thing and more like a randomly generated environmental puzzle. Sucked the tension right out of it for me. Still a great sandbox game and messing with the ai was fun but frustrating how it stayed in the same small area, never leaving but never finding me either, just keeping me stuck in a locker. Also the way it ignores the rules of the game logic and teleports everywhere was just awful.

Jawmuncher

Would be interesting to see Nemesis hunt the player even more so. With it being tied to not just certain areas (Which multiple playthroughs kind of ruin in RE3) but numerous things like you said. Creative Assembly being tasked could work though. Would be the first FPS Resident Evil (Not count Gun Survivor stuff).

But we're already on Resident Evil 7.

If they remade RE3 and made it third person still but with new and more random points of appearance, that'd be kind of neat.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I like the idea of an open-world survival game with one big monster in the area. Kinda like Miasmata but a bit more focused on the "monster" part. Something that isn't just hunting you and only you but won't leave you alone either.

Roldan

I played like the two first hours or so, and felt that the Alien finding you or not was a random/luck factor. I hope I'm wrong.

But yeah, it could work. I like this kind of game. Played the hell of Haunting Ground on the PS2 because it had a similar concept. :D

Top Bottom