• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
granted, mario party is a very repetitive way to spend four hours. I just think disconnecting from the game is only going to make it feel longer.

I've rarely had less sympathy for someone getting paid for doing something. Not never, cuz Mario party does indeed suck, but rarely :p

tchocky

Part of having fun with something that is shit, is just diving into it.
Like with a bad movie, you can watch something like the room and just say, "This is garbage". Or you can choose to have fun in all the ways it is awful.

granted, mario party is a very repetitive way to spend four hours. I just think disconnecting from the game is only going to make it feel longer.

I hope Brad moves on from his not caring and back to hate. It is fun to watch someone play a game they love and it is also fun to watch someone play a game they hate, but it's incredibly boring to watch someone play a game they just don't care about. The great parts of the MPP streams has been the big swings (usually against Brad) and they are better if both people care and react with joy and anger, if only one person reacts it's not as enjoyable.

Renpatsu

So uh, I know I said I'd probably decline if asked, but in light of the rather spartan thread we've got going feel free to hit me up if you do want some thread graphics done. So long as it's not last minute is all.

Part of having fun with something that is shit, is just diving into it.
Like with a bad movie, you can watch something like the room and just say, "This is garbage". Or you can choose to have fun in all the ways it is awful.

The MP streams have gotten kind of stale. There's some great moments, but its a goddamn slog to watch 50 turns. This feature is going to get old fast, at least for me.

Jintor

Best GB 'fanfic' is that complete episode of The Workplace someone typed up. Legitimately pretty funny.

Twitter is just a tiny bit too short for that spoof "This Week On The Workplace" account that someone had going...

So uh, I know I said I'd probably decline if asked, but in light of the rather spartan thread we've got going feel free to hit me up if you do want some thread graphics done. So long as it's not last minute is all.
if you or the people (giant bomb thread is a republic) really want fancy stuff my feelings wont be hurt and i can just edit them in

i just dont know who reads the ops in these threads more than once so i genuinely dont believe theyre worth the time or effort but i could be wrong!

MG310

I think it was the game itself that was my problem with the Mario Party Party this time. 3 didn't bring the bullshit hard or fast enough.

Aside from the game where one of you is trying to get the mushroom out of the blocks the every man for himself games seemed way worse.

Made it halfway through Mario Party, had to quit. Wasn't even fun to watch. Jeff and drew are silent, Dan is laughing, and Brad is complaining.

This was a valiant effort, but this segment can probably be comfortably put to pasture now.

I don't think they should play any more mario party. At some point you stop laughing and realize that its just not fun anymore.

Renpatsu

i just dont know who reads the ops in these threads more than once so i genuinely dont believe theyre worth the time or effort but i could be wrong!
What does it mean as a society when we no longer take pride in the vastly disproportionate effort we put in to our frivolous OPs and instead let logic and reason sway matters of the mind?

Kirlia

Banned
But we have 7 more Mario parties to go!

Two years later...the Mario Party 10 video is up. Dan stands triumphant, his conquest of the Mario Parties complete. But the other three have gone mad. Jeff has denounced all video games forever except for those on the Commodore 64, which he now plays 24/7. Brad only talks to his guinea pigs now while playing MMOs. Drew is under a bridge, now a wandering vagabond, yelling about the evils of Mario Party at all who pass by. The Giant Bomb web site is in chaos. Nothing is left but complaints and complaints and more complaints. Dan is deemed the incarnation of Satan, the worst thing to ever happen to the site.

All of the Mario Party games have been conquered...but at what cost? At what cost?

also here's an angry bard

tumblr_niz9ev2v971rnbfn7o1_540.png

Aerobatics

Neo Member
God the difference between two people doing the same thing in this video is so huge (brad & jeff)

Jeff is hilarious but Brad just brings the whole thing down.

hamchan

God the difference between two people doing the same thing in this video is so huge (brad & jeff)

Jeff is hilarious but Brad just brings the whole thing down.

This is true. Jeff already had that uninterested gimmick perfected, no need for two of them.

You don't understand, while Jeff is indifferent about everything, Brad is straight up playing the heel

Brad says he hates wrestling and doesn't understand anything, but in truth, Brad is wrestling

Wrestling life

scaffa

Mario Party stream was the best! Can't wait for the next one and I hope they certainly don't listen to the people that say they shouldnt do another one.

Waluigi is the best!

AcridMeat

Banned
Made it halfway through Mario Party, had to quit. Wasn't even fun to watch. Jeff and drew are silent, Dan is laughing, and Brad is complaining.

This was a valiant effort, but this segment can probably be comfortably put to pasture now.
Ah I don't know, I just finished watching it and thought it was the best one yet. There were some pretty amazing moments of game fuckery going on, and the very end was fucking perfect.

Drunk Drew getting so fed up with the game that Jason had to come take over, leading to all the garbage images was amazing. The 500 coins was amazing, the stolen coins by Dan was amazing, Jeff ripping off the mic, dropping the controller, ripping the cartridge out and flinging it, then walking off was perfect. NOBODY WINS

Oh and I forgot DMX toad!

DMX Goomba was brilliance.

But GOD, how much of the slog was the gang having to get stopped by all the Toad/Baby Bowser shops or Monty Moles or Koopa banks or other nonsense along the path? I don't recall it being this obnoxious in MPP2.

danm999

Ah I don't know, I just finished watching it and thought it was the best one yet. There were some pretty amazing moments of game fuckery going on, and the very end was fucking perfect.

Drunk Drew getting so fed up with the game that Jason had to come take over, leading to all the garbage images was amazing. The 500 coins was amazing, the stolen coins by Dan was amazing, Jeff ripping off the mic, dropping the controller, ripping the cartridge out and flinging it, then walking off was perfect. NOBODY WINS

Oh and I forgot DMX toad!

Agreed. Probably didn't hit the highs of the second entry, but it was like a wonderful rollercoaster.

Kind of excited for future entries since 3 was the last one I ever played; I have no context for the series going forward and whether things are going to get better or worse..

DMX Goomba was brilliance.

But GOD, how much of the slog was the gang having to get stopped by all the Toad/Baby Bowser shops or Monty Moles or Koopa banks or other nonsense along the path? I don't recall it being this obnoxious in MPP2.

It was laden down with waaaaaay more bullshit than I remember too.

Myggen

So Jeff clarified his problem with Nintendo's Creator Program on Twitter:

@MJTroper We’re an editorial outlet. Asking a publisher to “approve” our coverage is a no-go.

As far as I understand it, Nintendo will only hit monetized videos with copyright claims if they're not in the Nintendo program. So I think GB would be safe? But I agree with what he's saying as a principle, people in this program will essentially be at the mercy of Nintendo and get paid by Nintendo to cover their games, and that's just another ethically shady part of games coverage on YT. Would you really trust someone's impression on a Nintendo game if either their channel or the video is part of the Creator Program? I wouldn't.

jgminto

So Jeff clarified his problem with Nintendo's Creator Program on Twitter:

As far as I understand it, Nintendo will only hit monetized videos with copyright claims if they're not in the Nintendo program. So I think GB would be safe? But I agree with what he's saying as a principle, people in this program will essentially be at the mercy of Nintendo and get paid by Nintendo to cover their games, and that's just another ethically shady part of games coverage on YT. Would you really trust someone's impression on a Nintendo game if either their channel or the video is part of the Creator Program? I wouldn't.

Wouldn't that be GB?

Myggen

I thought Jeff was saying they could possibly only have those videos on the site and never touch YouTube? It's late so I could be wrong.

Yeah, his argument is that if they from now on have to submit individual videos to that new Nintendo program or risk a copyright claim, he will not put videos of Nintendo games on YT anymore. It's not about the money (I'm sure GB earns practically nothing from YT), but the ethical concerns of an editoral outlet submitting videos to Nintendo for "approval" before they can go up on YT.

jeff is knuckles

brad is mighty

dan is vector

drew is charmy

jason is espio

THINK ABOUT IT

Honestly, I would say Dan is Sonic. Vector's just looking for a paycheck, and he's musical in a way that Dan never seems to be, so I would say Sonic's "just keep moving forward" attitude fits better.

Jeff is Vector. They both run their own business with differing levels of professionalism, they're both musical, etc etc.

Jeff = Vector
Drew = Tails
Dan = Sonic
Brad = Big the Cat
Jason = Espio
Vinny = Ray the Squirrel
Alex = Mighty the Armadillo

I thought they didn't have ads on their YouTube videos and this is why being able to choose YouTube versions of videos on the Giant Bomb site was a premium feature. I checked and the former has changed but the latter hasn't. This is just an observation and not a criticism.

(also I'm a premium member who hasn't watched the youtube versions in ages, video buddy for the win)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't approve of this talk about fan fiction and Sonic characters in this thread.
This path can only lead into darkness.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Just listening to the podcast now and i hope they follow through with some of the potential content ideas they mentioned or joked about. Like a drew and Brad ocarina playthrough, and/or a brad playthrough of zelda 2. Also a Jason megadrive stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom