• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Yea Episode fucking solidified this for me, regardless of my issues with some of the writing.

That ending was just fucking great, and I knew something was coming because you just don't fuck with this stuff.

Anteater

i got my friend to play the game

now he can't stop talking about it

mission accomplished

Motion capture happening...

CIhjwHfWcAUI0E5.jpg

https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/614851028824006656

i didn't know they actually do mocap

everyone is just texting on their phone

"man this shit sucks"

ScottbSE

Neo Member
Thanks for all being patient for Ep4 everyone. It's great to see you are all excited for the next episode. No release date announced yet but we will update you all as soon as news drops

u wot m8, we have Dontnod folks here?

ScottbSE. SE == Square Enix.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I open it hoping there's a release date. I really need to stop playing episodic games before they're finished. The wait for each episode suuucks, especially when you know there'll be another couple of months wait after the next one.

KingBroly

Banned
I've been playing through Episode 2 and I took a picture
of the Doe. Um...where is it? It's not in the photo. Glitch or something else?

Gbraga

Still playing through Episode 2, I'd like to play each episode in one sitting as I did with the first, but recently I don't have the time, unfortunately, but it's ok, I feel like this game is much better suited for being played through more than one session than something like Walking Dead, even if one episode per session would still be ideal imo.

Mad Max is getting more and more powerful, her time powers are beyond Dio's wildest dreams, NO ONE CAN STOP THE WORLD NOW.

No one but nosebleeds, with great powers come great setbacks. I just can't fucking wait for someone with Star Platinum to show up and resist her time powers.

AND GODDAMN I NEVER THOUGHT FINDING BOTTLES WOULD BE SO HARD.

ScottbSE. SE == Square Enix.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I open it hoping there's a release date. I really need to stop playing episodic games before they're finished. The wait for each episode suuucks, especially when you know there'll be another couple of months wait after the next one.

I work out of the Square Enix office. I am the global community manager for Life is Strange - nice to meet you

I always forget this is also a Square-Enix game. So weird.

Weird is good though, weird is great. Thanks for making this fantastic game possible, Square-Enix.

It was transparent during that scene, I assume it just wasn't real. Or at least going by most definitions of real. I'm sure it's real in some way.

danm999

I don't think it's a real doe.

The doe is kind of translucent whenever you see it (at the lighthouse in your vision, at the junkyard) and possibly part of the whole supernatural thing Max has going on.

Samuel tells her it's probably her spirit animal, and she wears a lot of shirts with does on them. I've seen people guess it's the spirit of Rachel Amber guiding her as well but I'm not as sure what that theory is based on.

Gbraga

These two cracked me up, the second was maaaybe a bit too much, but it was still cool, and it was right next to a Rachel missing poster, which is pretty much the Laura Palmer plot of the game, and my favorite part of it, actually.

Karu

Played through all three episodes last week, one a night. I liked The Walking Dead Season 1 on my first playthrough, but got pretty annoyed with its technical issues and the illusion of choice was utterly destroyed after replaying certain scenes. Never touched S2. Played The Wolf Among Us instead. The setting was amazing, the characters good, but... it also fell apart for me in episode 4, part due to the choice-illusion and technical issues where it deinstalled itself and deleted everything. Never touched episode 5, because fuck that shit.

So... I was hesitant about Life is Strange, to say the least. I don't trust choice in videogames anymore and more often than not it really hurts the narrative of any given story unless you do a "Do whatever"-game like Elder Scrolls. On the other hand Life is Strange has an, albeit well played-out setting, one of my favourite ones. Good teenage drama with the compatibel soundtrack is almost unbeatable across all genres. So Dontnod hit a sweet spot there for me. Additionally technically it was almost flawless until now, that's a HUGE advantage it has and how it should be.

I won't replay the game. That's what The Walking Dead taught me. I don't care how well they executed it, the chance, that it lessens my experience is there and prelevant.

So under these assumptions, I'm quite satisfied. This kind of game will not make my favourite games of alltime list, though (right now, at least). It plays the film/television-game without really having nearly the same impact (for example acting especially. Voice and especially mocap just carries you so much) and the videogame-aspect is not reliable enough to outshine any other missteps. Really looking forward to episode 4.

It was transparent during that scene, I assume it just wasn't real. Or at least going by most definitions of real. I'm sure it's real in some way.

And if you rewind time right after the doe runs away Max makes a comment that it's not influenced by her power. Don't remeber if rewinding time at that point is optional or not...

Rembrandt

Banned
My finally played episode 3 and the wait for season 4 is going to kill me. I can't believe the way it ended and I got a feeling those small choices
take a photo in the past and leave a mark on the fireplace
are going to have big consequences. I took the photo and had to rewind because I ended up glitching accident. Vortex party, though!

danm999

And if you rewind time right after the doe runs away Max makes a comment that it's not influenced by her power. Don't remeber if rewinding time at that point is optional or not...

Huh totally missed that. If it's
outside her power it definitely has some pretty big implications.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for all being patient for Ep4 everyone. It's great to see you are all excited for the next episode. No release date announced yet but we will update you all as soon as news drops

Thanks a lot! Also, is there a wallapaper version for your avatar? Or is it a perk for being employee at SE?

Got the game a couple days ago, and finished episode 1 yesterday. Interesting game. Came here to join the party~

Also,
Dana is pregnant according to the end of the chapter? What? Have to go back and test out the options.

Ashtar

I just finished episode 3 and OH MY LAWD!

I had no clue that was going to happen, jeebus christos, didn't expect her to be able to travel trough time like that. Holy Crap! Butterfly effect feeling. I'm scared brehs. I hate blue haired chloe, so hopefully brunette chloe isn't so annoying. I wonder what Alt Kate is doing. The implications are immense. I can't believe Stella stole my man! I'm in the vortex club

Played the demo. Got so engrossed in it I didn't register the "Thanks for playing you can now buy the game" message at first lol.

I like it a lot more than Remember Me (and I played that for several hours), that's for sure. Brb buying the whole season.

Though one thing that I regret is even if the French translation is good I'd rather have language options to have no subtitles or English subtitles.

Episode 4 should be this month, right? Last episode was May an they seem to want to get the episodes out bi-monthly.

Really, really excited after Episode 3. Crazy stuff.

Episode 4 should be this month, right? Last episode was May an they seem to want to get the episodes out bi-monthly.

Really, really excited after Episode 3. Crazy stuff.

Yeah going off last release dates, it will hopefully be this month if nothing goes wrong. Actually, it should be sometime within the next 10 days I f it follows past release dates. I think they announced the release date for episode 3, 6 days before it came out

cormack12

Gold Member
Fuck me I am so stupid I bought the PS3 version and not the PS4 one...what are the chances I can change that by emailing Sony ? -_-

Not high. A while back I bought the pistol shortcut pack for my brothers on BF4, but I accidentally bought the PS3 version. Hadn't even downloaded it and realised after checking out. Contacted their reps and they basically said #DealWithIt. It was only like £4.99 so I just swallowed the loss. Don't let that discourage you, there are always people who become the exception, it could be you.

Symphonia

Banned
Fuck me I am so stupid I bought the PS3 version and not the PS4 one...what are the chances I can change that by emailing Sony ? -_-
Sony have a no refund policy, with the exception of very extreme cases. I can't see them counting this as an extreme case, sad to say. Still, you could give it a go and say a younger sibling accidentally purchased it/bought the wrong version.

Not high. A while back I bought the pistol shortcut pack for my brothers on BF4, but I accidentally bought the PS3 version. Hadn't even downloaded it and realised after checking out. Contacted their reps and they basically said #DealWithIt. It was only like £4.99 so I just swallowed the loss. Don't let that discourage you, there are always people who become the exception, it could be you.

Sony have a no refund policy, with the exception of very extreme cases. I can't see them counting this as an extreme case, sad to say. Still, you could give it a go and say a younger sibling accidentally purchased it/bought the wrong version.
I called Sony, the tech guy I had at the phone told me that he opened a file and is sent to the competent authorities, and if it is accepted, it would be a commercial gesture (refund of 19.99 euros)/

Sooo I guess I'll buy the PS4 version now. At best I'll have 20€ on my PSN account. At worst, I'd have given Dotnod part of 20€
Ceci est ma contribution au paysage vidéoludique français cocoricooo

(still no news about episode 4, sorry).

Sober

I laughed at the end of episode 3 because
alt. Brooke stays losing. Even without Max in the way alt. Warren goes for alt. Stella.

epmode

I posted this in the adventure game thread as I played through the episodes for the first time:

I'm in the middle of Life is Strange Episode 3. I think I love it, GAF.

It has a very Telltale structure but it's a lot closer to The Longest Journey, thematically. Girl into photography getting settled in a new town, supernatual stuff, journal entries, etc. My only complaint is that the dialogue isn't as natural as Ragnar Tørnquist at his best. It's still very well acted, the story is interesting and the entire game is super-polished.

There are even a few Twin Peaks references! <3<3<3

edit: Finished Episode 3. Omg. Omg omgomg.

Grisby

I don't usually do reaction vids, but it's been pretty fun watching youtube streamers react to the ending of episode 3.

Also, Geek Remix is on top of this IP. Some fun videos coming from them.

Dark_castle

Going to start episode 3 soon. It's been quite a ride so far, but I felt bad over the ending of 2.

Life is Strange is my first real exposure to these "walking simulator". Enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Top Bottom