• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Firmware Update 9.5.0-22U available. Take a wild guess what it does.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh yeah, maybe it patches the browser exploit, who knows. It can happen. Probably.

Vitacat

Thank god.

I was just thinking to myself last night how I wished my 3ds could be more stable.

I guess Nintendo really, really cares about its customers in NA after all.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Core-stability-ii.jpg

Alec

I know the browser exploit has also been used for hacking Pokemon, and I was hoping for a Play Coin generator that used it. Glad to hear it hasn't been blocked yet,

Giever

Honestly, I don't think they care about that exploit as its not used to pirate like GateWay.

If they didn't care at all about people being able to have their consoles region-free, then they would just allow them to be region-free in the first place. They obviously have a vested interest in keeping that shit locked down.

Vena

They both use the same attack vector though, don't they? If you kill one thing you kill the other.

Oh are they based on the same weakness? Then they may kill it when fighting off Gateway.

If they didn't care at all about people being able to have their consoles region-free, then they would just allow them to be region-free in the first place. They obviously have a vested interest in keeping that shit locked down.

Market contracts are already signed and dotted for the 3DS, that ship has sailed. Can't change it now without recourse.

L Thammy

And let's not forget that the 3DS is Nintendo's first region-locked portable, so it's not like they're just ignorantly continuing with old practices. Didn't Iwata recently admit that region locking does nothing to benefit the consumer?

Top Bottom