• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite Mortal Kombat fatality, GAF?

Gleethor

fatality_logo_mk_9_by_barakaldo-d3f7n4x.png
MKX is coming soon-ish and looks to be all sorts of gory with especially creative fatalities from Scorpion, Kano and Ermac. So I though we'd take a nice, gruesome trip down dismembory lane and share our favorite MK fatalities from the previous games.

One of the most brutal finishers from MK9, have a gander at Kung Lao's buzzsaw. Ouch. The genuine terror from the victim is what really sells this one.

Sektor's scarecrow is easily one of the most creative fatalities in the franchise and it sold several copies of MK9 by itself after I showed it to a few of my friends.

I'll end with Skarlet from MK9 (MK9 has great fatalities if you haven't realized). This one just makes me wince, good lord does that look awful. But there's nothing better than getting your ass kicked by an opponent over and over again only to finally win and put them through something that looks that painful.

Unicorn

After watching Kano's Fatality and x-ray again... I tried to main him in MK9, but he was pretty basic and then he got nerfed, but those look sooo good now.

I just really, really, REALLY hate his new design. I'm really hoping his Alt will make him closer to either MK9 outfit or even MK3. I'm just glad they gave him a laser-eye fatality after not having one in MK9. His gameplay looks a lot more improved and even more grapple/command-grab focused, which is good.

Top Bottom