• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 - New screenshots

SCEE put out some official gameplay images today.

pcsqzb.png

ugkhhj.png

zeeodt.png

ntyznb.png

domuom.png

acnyzh.png

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This game is IMHO a paradigm shift in visuals, similar to what Gears was when it first came out. Before Gears it was all about how to make as many polygons as possible with as high texture resolution as possible. The way visuals were composed in that game, made everyone rethink things. I think this game will have similar effect on visuals we'll be seeing down the line.

laxu

Don't know if it's the image quality but everything in those pics looks overly muted and blurry to me.

Overall I'm also not sold on the way they decided to go with a wide aspect ratio and 4xMSAA when the FOV is not all that high. You'd think something like SMAA would give them a lot more processing power to use while still providing decent smoothing of edges.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Overall I'm also not sold on the way they decided to go with a wide aspect ratio and 4xMSAA when the FOV is not all that high. You'd think something like SMAA would give them a lot more processing power to use while still providing decent smoothing of edges.
FOV seems higher than in other 3rd person shooters. You can't have FoV too high in those or else it's going to start looking like barrel distortion. Would especially be bad on a TV screen that you sit farther away from compared to computer monitor.

Also, I'm guessing they didn't want just "decent smoothing of the edges". They wanted CG-look, and this was the best way to achieve it.

Top Bottom