• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surprise! ME4 will have online, Bioware looking for online producer

yatesl

Mass Effect 3's multiplayer mode was alright, so I'm fine with this.

Well, as "fine" as I can be with their being another ME after 3.

Megasoum

Banned
Newsflash, every single game has an online component nowadays... That doesn't necessarly means that it will have multiplayer (altough very probable with Mass Effect).

I actually liked the MP in ME3 more than the campaign, so this is excellent (but not wholly surprising) news.

Just don't let the microtransaction monster get any bigger than it already was EA. It worked great in ME3, you never had to really pay money if you didn't want to, and we got a ton of free content for the game from those that did pay money. If it ain't broke....

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I tried out ME3's multiplayer after playing the campaign for a bit. I then proceeded to play ME3's mutiplayer for almost a year before going back to the long awaited campaign.

Hope ME4 goes the same route.

TheYanger

I would be absolutely fine with an entirely multiplayer ME game with just more variety of what ME3 offered. So, getting it alongside a fun single player component is still good and not surprising.

I somehow got my best friend addicted to ME3 MP for like 3 months during the summer before he stopped playing when he got a PS4. He never even played the earlier games, and he only played the Mars mission in ME3. A PS4 ME multiplayer game will wreck him :lol

It was a great mode though, but the unlock system was fucking bullshit. I hope they rework it so you can actually get the stuff you want without dumb luck.

Moofers

Sounds good to me. I liked ME3's online quite a bit. I'd like to see it get some depth though. Take cues from Gears of War 3's Horde 2.0. Give us traps, barriers, turrets, and other various toys to play with. A map with nothing but you and the enemies will get tiring a lot faster than maps with many different ways to play strategically.

Devil

Uhm, how far into production can they be if they're just now looking for an online producer? Hurry up already, Bioware :(

Keep it separate from campaign this time.

I never even started the MP and had no issue getting the best score for the ending with those ally points or whatever they were called.

_woLf

I enjoyed ME3's MP a lot, despite never being able to play as an Asari Adept. :mad:

Hopefully this makes that kind of thing a bit easier to do.

Moofers

Shinobi has already said it's not a 2015 title, so my guess is Spring 16.

I don't understand why so many of you place so much emphasis on what he says. You all act like he has spy cameras in the men's rooms at all the big publishers or something. This isn't meant to be a slam on him either, I think he comes across as very nice and likeable. I just think GAF's constant need to name an "insider" gets out of hand sometimes.

Bessy67

Cool. Now do a remastered trilogy for current gen so I can play ME3 multiplayer in the meantime.

I enjoyed ME3's MP a lot, despite never being able to play as an Asari Adept. :mad:

Hopefully this makes that kind of thing a bit easier to do.
Asari adept was overrated anyways. Drell adept all the way!

Jhoan

Not surprised at all given how EA heads hinted that ME3's multiplayer proved to be very profitable for them. The multiplayer was pretty fun when the connection wasn't laggy/shoddy.

I'm hoping they take some inspiration from Dark Souls and implement a similar system with other players being able to leave messages around different planets and whatnot but add their own spin to it.

Zukuu

Banned
I never even played a single minute of ME multiplayer and don't have any urge to do so. I dunno, but I play the games for the single player.

ME3 online was legit good, so this is good news for me.

A couple more gamemodes, more classes and more customisation and you have a very solid online.

TheYanger

I never even played a single minute of ME multiplayer and don't have any urge to do so. I dunno, but I play the games for the single player.

That's nice, but LOTS of people did, and it's only barely similar to the single player. It might as well be a different game but you get it alongside an already solid product.

eshwaaz

Hopefully they learned their lesson as shown with the later patches. Galactic Readiness pissed me off something fierce. I don't have a problem with multiplayer as long as there's no cross-pollination required for endings.
Agreed. Not only was multiplayer required for the best campaign ending (pre-patch), but Galactic Readiness actually drained away over time, forcing you to keep playing multi to maintain it unless you played a bunch right before completing the game. Holy shit that was offensive.

BokehKing

Banned
Thread title should have SHOCKING NEWS in it.

Personally, I never liked ME3's MP.
That was the year the original worst COD ever came out.. MW3

COD was my tide me over during winter month game and it failed me..

ME3 mp I hated at first too, then I gave it a second shot and it's all I played for the next 8 months, such a great experience, tons of free dlc, new characters, new specials

My favorite memories are

Human Vanguard = beast mode
White Geth Gold counter grabs
Collectors arriving in dlc
Extraction Zones

Ugh.. Put a HD remake of that on current gen consoles and I would play everyday until me4 comes out.

Best part is, they gave the whole ui a face-lift like 8 months after it unlocked, so many in game achievements to unlock

Fruitster

Not surprising, but welcome news imo. Loved ME3's multiplayer, and Bioware really supported it well. Hopefully the servers will be a bit more robust next time around though. And more Turians!

Mindlog

I liked and played more of ME3 MP than any other big MP game released since.

LdG0P16.jpg

Don't fuck it up.

Firebrand

ME3 multiplayer was better than the main game, so why not. I think the worst part about it was that they re-used the maps for crappy single-player survival quests.

How did DA:I multi turn out?

Top Bottom