• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Paper Mario! Awesome! For GC!

• Thread starter Deleted member 8095
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, I was just looking at Gamespots E3 vids and just saw this... SUPER PAPER MARIO FOR THE GC! ANOTHER 2Dish MARIO!!!!!

Madrin

Holy crap, this is awesome. But why not put it on Wii? Honestly!

But another Paper Mario!

But why not just put it on Wii? Gamecube's dead!

But another Paper Mario!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
That says the genre is RPG, but the video sure looks like a platformer to me.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I don't like the Paper Mario art, but it's a platformer, so AWESOMO. Paper Mario GET!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Holy shit everyone should watch that video. This and Mario Galaxy are now my most wanted Mario games. Mario FTW today!

Mario Galaxy + Super Paper Mario + New Super Mario Bros. + Yoshi's Island 2 = Mario Heaven

AniHawk

THAT LOOKS BADASS!!!

WHAT THE FUCK WAS NINTENDO DOING THESE LAST FIVE YEARS WHEN THEY COULDVE BEEN MAKING THIS??

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thank god this popped up. Honestly, I found the short trailer for Super Paper Mario more interesting than the trailer for Mario Galaxy. Very cool.

SuomiDude

Yeah, this and Donkey Kong Bongo Blast came out of nowhere.

This Super Paper Mario looks totally hot! As was said, it's most likely not an RPG, but a pure platformer, but I have no complaints :)

Here's some pics:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/gc/02_papermario/ss01.html

Awesome.

Stage 1-2 from SMB FTW:
07.jpg

jarosh

for those who can't see the vid for some reason, here a description:

SUPER PAPER WORLD MARIO 3D 2D BIZARRO LSD JUMPNHUMP

awesome.

Mashing

Pixel art!! I love pixel art. I hope they'd make it where you could design your own characters use a pixel art character designer. That'd be a nice bonus. Like Animal Crossing clothing designer basically.

Elta

launch date: Q4 2006

game type: 2d/3d side scrolling platformer with side scrolling elements

"Fusing 2d and 3d perspectives, not to mention RPG and platformer elements, this game slips back and forth between dimensions. THe action sprawls across eight worlds filled with traps, puzzles, bizarre mysteries and items that often draw themselves out of thin air"

YES!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kastrioti said:
Holy shit everyone should watch that video. This and Mario Galaxy are now my most wanted Mario games. Mario FTW today!

Mario Galaxy + Super Paper Mario + New Super Mario Bros. + Yoshi's Island 2 = Mario Heaven
FINALLY MARIO IS BEING MILKED THE RIGHT FUCKING WAY!

Furoba

Madrin said:

But another Paper Mario!

But another Paper Mario!

BC? ;p

This rocks.

Baiten Kaitos II (Origins), Super Paper Mario, Zelda and New Donkey Kong Racing. ;p

At least three more worthwhile games at the end of this year for GameCube. ;)

God that looks great.

Interesting, though, between the movie and the game, I think they recolored giant "retro Mario" to match Mario's current colors. (And will probably do the same with giant retro Peach.)

Hah haaaah, god damn, awesome.

Madrin said:

But another Paper Mario!

If a game doesn't need the improved graphics or motion control, why push them in only to alienate 20 million potential customers? With backwards compatibility there's no need to shove the late games into the next platform as with Animal Crossing, Cubivore, and others.

Ecrofirt

Why didn't they release footage of this during the conference?

That would have made a bunch of people say "Wow!"

Snaku

Banned
It's official, Nintendo had TOO much stuff to talk about and show to fit into their conference. I expect many more surprises like this during the show this week.

jarosh

it's pretty crazy actually. this is EXACTLY what i wanted when i played through those segments in paper mario 2.

Top Bottom