• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellions Gameplay Video by Double Helix (Unreleased Title for Xbox 360)

Borman

Continuing on my Double Helix kit, I managed to dig up this prototype. From what Ive been able to find out, the game likely didn't go beyond this prototype. If it has, I havent found any evidence of it. I think it is one of the better prototypes that Ive seen to come out of Double Helix, and it's just really cool.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRnVKEpNjQE

Screenshots:
lH58EHc.png

Z3xd9Pt.png

GCaUJwB.png

Has a sort of cyberpunk-meets-1984 vibe to it. Considering the fine work they put into Killer Instinct, I'd have loved to play it.

Borman

Looks like it would have played like buttcheeks

Again, it never even reached full development. Considering how poorly some released games play, the idea of this wasn't to nail down each and every feature :p That's the danger of sharing prototype footage I guess

Again, it never even reached full development. Considering how poorly some released games play, the idea of this wasn't to nail down each and every feature :p That's the danger of sharing prototype footage I guess

I know that, but aren't these usually used to pitch to publishers? I can't see any pub who would look at that footage and see any potential monetarily or critically.

Borman

I know that, but aren't these usually used to pitch to publishers? I can't see any pub who would look at that footage and see any potential monetarily or critically.

You haven't seen enough pitches then :p The idea is to give a general idea of a game. This is one of my favorites that I've found.

abadguy

Banned
Has a sort of cyberpunk-meets-1984 vibe to it. Considering the fine work they put into Killer Instinct, I'd have loved to play it.

Yeah with that kind of depth in combat that they put n KI it could have been something special. I wonder if this was actually pitched to MGS at the time.

Borman

Yeah with that kind of depth in combat that they put n KI it could have been something special. I wonder if this was actually pitched to MGS at the time.

Unfortunately tracking down any information on this one has been tough, not that I wouldnt welcome a PM if someone is reading. I just know the basics unfortunately.

Top Bottom