• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6/WE10 to launch this Fall in Europe,first 360 Screens

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
pes_nextgenvisuall.jpg

pes_nextgenvisualh.jpg

Probobly just in time for the PS3 launch.

January was for US only.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wow, guess its not just a straight port afterall.

Doesnt look great but looks noticably better than current gen (so far), PS3 could have problems this fall in Europe.

PS3 could have problems this fall in Europe.

Well, as Xbox is sponsor of the World Cup, they are bound to be pimping 360 throughout, and Pro Evo in the fall will be a big seller, especially if there is really no PS3 version, which I'm very surprised at.

360 is pretty much covering the bases in US and Europe, between Madden and Pro Evo 360 should do well.

Well it is not a port up, so that is good news, not looking as good as World Cup 06. Seems it could go either way, if the quality of the models is better reflected in Adriano than it is Terry then good times. Terry quite honestly does not look remotely human in these screens.

OH YES!!! :D

I hope people will continue to remember its all about gameplay when talking about PES and dont suddenly become graphics whores now when its on X360.

WTF! Are you telling me I have to buy a 360 now? Those screens might not look spectacular, but in motion it will give grown men erections.

Please tell me a PS3 version is on the way. Edit. Please don't. 600$ :/

I'm lost here...lets see.

JAPAN
WINNING ELEVEN 10 on:
-PS2 (already released, April)
-....PS3,X360,PSP,DS versions of this one coming later?

EUROPE
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 on:
-PS2 (release in Q4 2006, most likely October)
-X360
-....PS3,PC,PSP,DS versions of this one coming later?

thorns

Banned
from konami europe's site..
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH announces new PES title – including all new Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS versions

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH today used the E3 event in Los Angeles to announce Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - the latest sequel to the multi-million-selling series.

2006 will see Konami taking Pro Evolution Soccer 6 to a number of new formats as demand for the much-loved football title continues to grow at a phenomenal pace. In addition to the customary PlayStation 2, PC-DVD and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) versions of the game, Konami will also be releasing the first versions for Xbox 360 and Nintendo's DS handheld.

The Pro Evolution Soccer series is renowned for its realism, and Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is abundant with new gameplay additions. Player AI has been massively upgraded, with players running intelligently into space when not in possession of the ball and pointing where they want the pass placed to continue the attack. Similarly, the physical side of play has been refined, with players working to turn a defender as they receive the ball, while defenders must learn to stand off slightly to prevent such moves.

Series creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka has also worked to refine the shooting system of the new game, and players will be able to attempt more snap shots than in previous versions, while volleys and half-volleys have been redesigned. Other new moves include the ability to retain control of the ball when sliding in to tackle, while all-new feints and backwards dribbling are now available thanks to the improved dribbling controls, while headers have been changed to allow players more movement in the way their strikers jump and head the ball.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 also has a number of new teams licensed for inclusion, with the International roster now featuring the official kits for Argentina, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Sweden. Details on official club teams and more national squads will follow.

Other new additions include more balanced referees, and a selection of exciting new gameplay modes. An International Challenge involves leading your home country to victory through a series of entry and tournament rounds, while a Random mode lets the player play quick games within randomly-generated match day settings. The much-loved Master League also returns, allowing players to experience the many highs and lows of steering a team through years of competitive games. Aging players, injuries and pressure from the board all combine to create a truly immersive game where results are everything…

With its slick moves and realistic action, Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is certain to glide past rival titles with ease and enjoys an impressive roster of new moves, licensed clubs, and gameplay modes. It will be shown for the first time on the Konami stand at the E3 event, which is held at the Los Angeles Convention Centre from May 10th-12th.

It says 2006 release. No mention of online? or ps3 version for that matter.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
JAPAN
WINNING ELEVEN 10 on:
-PS2 (already released, April)
-PSP (should come later)
-DS (should come later)
-...X360,PS3 version coming later?

EUROPE
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 on:
-PS2 (release in 2006)
-PC
-PSP
-X360
-DS
-....PS3 version coming later?
A little fixing

I wonder if Konami/Sony are secretly not that confident that PS3 will make European launch in 2006?

It makes no sense if PS3 is available to not target one of it's most popular franchises, especially just before Xmas

This looks really nice.
And I guess the animations will (as always) be state of the art. :)
I hope they integrate a good online mode into this.
Can't wait.

JMPovoa

The major problem right now is that the art style isn't polished yet. I'm betting they'll improve that in the coming months. What matters though is that this is a major step up in detail from last year's game.

Prine

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Just imagine the new ANIMATION!!!

Game of the fucking YEAR!! UK is going to get owned by 360 in October!

Zabojnik

I dunno, I always thought that the largest part of the Konami WE/PES team has been working on a PS3 next-gen for quite some time now. Maybe this confirms it? Could it be that they'll release the xbox 360 version (nicely updated, if those screens are any indication) along with the one for PS2? And then release yet another, a true next-gen WE/PES on PS3 only later, like sometime next year?

snakeater

Amazing. I wonder if there will be real grass and jersey's movement. Fifa WC was a dissapointment graphically for me since the jerseys look stiff as in the Xbox version (RTWC had movement) and they cut off the grass from RTWC.

Shmmeee

thorns said:
have you even played the latest fifa? it's far from trash.

I've played RTTWC, it's trash.

This looks OK, I guess I expect too much from footy games next-gen graphically. I'm more interested in finding out what the Wii football game Konami are doing sounds like, and what WE on DS plays like.

I suppose at least with the 360 pad it'll be playable unlike XBox IMO.

Socreges

Banned
Wow, that actually looks pretty sweet. And you can bet it'll look a lot better in-game from the wide/far perspectives. It will certainly be a port, but at least Konami seem intent on making it fit more appropriately onto the 360.

hadareud

The Translator
Hopefully Konami will take the opportunity to improve the things that annoy me about Pro Evo:

-commentary (please sort it out, it is incredibly painful)
-presentation
-master league options
-official licenses

And the gameplay can only get better with next gen animation and next gen AI. It will rock!

Top Bottom