• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you own a 3DS and Wii U, you can play through every Legend of Zelda game

Except for Four Swords Adventures. And that Satellaview thing on the SNES. And those CD-I games but let's ignore that last one.

The Legend of Zelda - 3DS, Wii U
Zelda II: Adventure of Link - 3DS, Wii U
A Link to the Past - Wii U
Link's Awakening - 3DS
Ocarina of Time - 3DS, Wii VC
Majora's Mask - 3DS, Wii VC
Oracle of Ages/Seasons - 3DS
The Wind Waker - Wii U
Four Swords - 3DS
The Minish Cap - 3DS Ambassadors, Wii U
Twilight Princess - Wii BC
Link's Crossbow Training - Wii BC
Phantom Hourglass - DS BC
Spirit Tracks - DS BC
Skyward Sword - Wii BC
A Link Between Worlds - 3DS
Hyrule Warriors - Wii U

Isn't that totally crazy? That's nearly 3 decades worth of games right there that are still playable. You have to commend Nintendo for keeping all of these older games still playable even now. They don't even do that for Mario, Sunshine's still trapped on the Gamecube!

I was just thinking about this after finishing Majora's Mask 3D and was considering playing through all of the games again before the Wii U title comes out. And yknow what, I could totally do that!

Rich!

Don't forget, you can play gamecube games on your Wii U through Nintendont.

So that means Four Swords Adventures is playable on the Wii U too - one you missed off your list. Also, the gamecube version of Twilight Princess (with widescreen!)

RoadDogg

game_watch_zelda.jpg

Was just thinking about that the other day. Nintendo has always been pretty good about this, you could play every Zelda on GameCube with a GBA player and every mainline console Zelda on the Wii.

mp1990

Banned
So glad to see this,because i'm playing Wind Waker atm and i don't believe i only played one game from this fantastic franchise,it gives an ''adventure'' fell that few games could replicate.

They don't even do that for Mario, Sunshine's still trapped on the Gamecube!

I agree over-all that it's a lot and an impressive list, but to be fair this Sunshine argument is irrelevant. The only reason you can play Wind Waker on Wii U is because they actually redid it for the console. It's not a port or such.

Don't forget, you can play gamecube games on your Wii U through Nintendont.

So that means Four Swords Adventures is playable on the Wii U too - one you missed off your list. Also, the gamecube version of Twilight Princess (with widescreen!)

Lol, come on.

Rich!

Four Swords Adventures isn't playable via legal means on Wii U.

Actually it's perfectly legal.

Against Nintendo's terms of service? Sure. But illegal? No. Also, modding your own hardware and backing up your software is 100% legal in many, many countries.

Who

Banned
So glad to see this,because i'm playing Wind Waker atm and i don't believe i only played one game from this fantastic franchise,it gives an ''adventure'' fell that few games could replicate.

Ocarina of time next!!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I was commenting on this earlier. On my 3DS alone I have Majoras Mask, Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, Oracle of Ages and Seasons and Links Awakening

Mael

Let me see how I score on this one

The Legend of Zelda - 3DS, Wii U GC + Wii VC
Zelda II: Adventure of Link - 3DS, Wii U GC
A Link to the Past - Wii U Original SNES cart
Link's Awakening - 3DS Original OGB cart
Ocarina of Time - 3DS, Wii VC N64, GC (twice), 3DS
Majora's Mask - 3DS, Wii VC N64, GC
Oracle of Ages/Seasons - 3DS Original GBC cart (both)
The Wind Waker - Wii U GC
Four Swords - 3DS 3DS
The Minish Cap - 3DS Ambassadors, Wii UMissed that one
Twilight Princess - Wii BC GC
Link's Crossbow Training - Wii BCWii
Phantom Hourglass - DS BCDS
Spirit Tracks - DS BCDS
Skyward Sword - Wii BCWii
A Link Between Worlds - 3DS3DS
Hyrule Warriors - Wii UMissed

And I have 4Swords on GC twice (PAL+JPN)
Pretty good coverage I'll say.
I think I'll pick up Hyrule Warriors and VC Minish Cap and I'll probably have it made as far as Zelda goes.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah this is great, you gotta love Nintendo for this. Now if they could only drop the price of OoT 3DS on the e-shop a bit. Came out 3 years ago, still the exact same price as MM.

The best 3D Mario will be trapped on the gamecube till the end of time.

Wasn't there a rumor that there was another HD remaster for WiiU coming, and that it might be SMS? Believe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Will it even be possible to unlock on VC if you can't get the stars from MP Boxer?
You can earn a total of 220 stars in the game. Taking the multiplayer games out, you can still earn....200, I think? & Zelda (the final unlockable game) is that 160. All 220 stars gets you is just
the cast credits of all the in-game characters

foltzie1

and I just realized that I own them all (except Hyrule Warriors), most of them in their original forms still. . .

No regrets, just reminiscing.

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I played Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, but I wasn't a big Zelda fan until I got my 3DS and played Ocarina, followed by ALBW, and now Majora's Mask. I might just make 2015 my year of Zelda and try to catch up on all the titles I missed.

I almost made a thread to ask, but are the DS games worth seeking out?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

I can only comment on Phantom Hourglass, but that's the weakest Zelda game I've played. Only game in the franchise I didn't even finish. I hear Spirit Tracks is better, but I haven't tried it out yet

Sterok

And I have every single one of these except for Crossbow Training (don't think I'm missing much). Great to have so much of a wonderful series condensed in just a few systems. I think I only have to beat Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, and the first two now. And Four Sowrds, but meh.

Speaking of Four Swords Adventures I'd love a fully HD online sequel. Seeing the LttP graphics updated for the GCN was great. I wish ALBW looked more like that.

Mecca

People are really divided on Phantom Hourglass. Some have stated that they dislike having to use the stylus only and also you do have to go back to the same dungeon multiple times so that may be a turn off.

Personally, I thought Phantom Hourglass was a lot of fun and there are some neat puzzles to figure out. Also, I absolutely loved being able to write notes on my map. As for Spirit Tracks, I really couldn't get into it. In fact, I never finished it.

Mael

I now own all of them except Spirit Tracks.

My favorite series, no question about it.

How could you miss Spirit Tracks!
I mean you of all people!
If you liked Phantom Hourglass it's pretty much more of that with the kinks ironed out.

mp1990

Banned
Ocarina of time next!!
I played a bit of OoT on 3DS,but it felt much more "complicated" than WW,like the puzzles were a bit hard and when i played it i just used a guide,until i got to the florest dungeon and stopped. The only other game i played before WW was Link between Worlds but this was very easy most of the times,excluding some bosses and some specific puzzles.

Top Bottom