• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony releasing Yakuza 10th Anniversary Walkman

Takao

Banned
ZVooToB.jpg
GcXHG4r.jpg

Sony Store: http://store.sony.jp/Special/Audio/Walkman/Ryugagotoku10th/

32GB Walkman A Series
29,980yen
Due out March 12th
Includes 12 music tracks from the Yakuza series (+the ability to load these songs into the new game?) and the music video for the Yakuza 0 opening theme

I guess this is for those that wanted more Yakuza in their lives after buying the LE PS Vita, PS Vita TV, and PS4 consoles.

Cynn

I would love to have this. It's gorgeous... I have a Zune HD and tons of Apple products though. Even with the ridiculous range of sound these produce it would be hard to justify. :(

Looks really cool, but JESUS CHRIST $300?

I actually used one of those modern Sony Walkman's, specifically the one that looks like an iPod Nano. It was great actually, I really dug it. Problem was that after 7 months the volume buttons broke for whatever reason. I retreated to the safety of my iPod Classic, which still somehow works. Instead of iTunes the Walkman used Media Go... For whatever reason. A rockbox'd iPod Classic is still my thing. Buy stuff off Bandcamp or free stuff off OCR or whatever, drag and drop into a magical music folder onto the iPod from Windows Explorer.

Really insane price point though, especially since at that price range you could get the Fiio X5 which is around $300-350

Takao

Banned
The creator of the Walkman designed the Vita right? Also, they still make Walkmans?

I believe that was mistranslated. Takashi Sogabe did design the Vita 1K and worked on the Walkman line, but he didn't design the Walkman, as it predated his start at the company.

BubbaMc

$300 odd bucks isn't actually that bad for a high res digital audio player. I bet the sound quality is extremely good. Also I think these have a micro SD card slot.

Seriously considering making a purchase.

Jashobeam

looks exactly like the nwz-a17 hi-res walkman.

edit: just noticed that it is the same hi-res walkman with the same model number on the back, I have the domestic version which is 64gb, it really is a very nice music player.

10 years, how time flies. I can't see the series lasting another 10 sadly. Sega just ain't what it used to be... still haven't finished the first game. I need to go back to it.

epmode

I have one of those. Not the Yakuza model of course, but a regular one. It was a good replacement for my ancient iPod Classic.

$300 odd bucks isn't actually that bad for a high res digital audio player. I bet the sound quality is extremely good. Also I think these have a micro SD card slot.

If it's really the same one I have, it does have a micro-SD slot. So it's possible to add on an additional 128 GB of memory. Takes a while to copy music onto it but that's the price you pay for such high capacity cards.

colinp

Banned
While the tattoo art is classic and great, why does it say "A 10th anniversary"? The "A" looks really ugly and inelegant.

Sony design strikes again...

Ban Puncher

That sure would go nice with my Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Walkman.

mgspw_011.jpg

Note - not my picture.

Edit - I didn't get two weeks of Fitness First membership with my MGS:pW Walkman. This is some bullshit.

Bleeether

Wow, i had no idea walkmans were still a thing.

Pretty nice, i would purchase if it was like in the sub $100 region. Really cool though.

BubbaMc

Looks like the installed Yakuza songs are in high res format. This is a big deal, most of these are only available in lossy formats if I'm not mistaken.

FranXico

Pretty, but expensive.

Please, Sony. Stop overpricing your electronics consumer products. You are not Apple.

Heartfyre

With current exchange rates, isn't it closer to $250? Still crazy expensive when a phone contains many of the same features. It is a lovely design, though.

Top Bottom