• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 System Software update 4.70 available

Vashetti

Banned
- Closed Captions are now supported for the Playback of Blu-Ray Disc titles and DVDs. To display closed captions, select [Settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions].

- The style used for for closed captions, such as the font, size and color, can now be adjusted. Select [Settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions Settings].

The PSN icon has also been changed:

ps3-new-psn-logo.jpg

We're getting steadily closer to the potential 5.00 update.

They both involve the internet. Did I do it?
Allmost, all have HTML5 <video> ME for TV support. Media Extension is supposed to be DRM agnostic but it uses the Google-Netflix-Microsoft proposal to W3C which Playready supports by design. So I expect PS3 firmware 5.0 will have Playready embedded support in the browser and used for OTT/VOD IPTV, as well as a subset called WMDRM10 for DTCP-IP which a previous NeoGAF thread says is coming for the PS3.

I also expect DLNA support for the three box model where the PS3 would be a Player able to find and play DLNA served media on the home network and a Renderer where a Tablet of Phone can push media from the Phone or Tablet or redirect media from a Server to the PS3. DLNA routines are very small with the player and DLNA always loaded at the APP XMB.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/13896747 said:
This Software Project Manager is responsible for attending and representing Sony in multiple industry forums, such as working closely with MSOs (Cable TV providers) on Regulation and standardization for DLNA, HTML5 RUI, CVP2, HDMI, MHL, and other related technologies.

Solid experience in HTML5, DLNA, and UPnP
Solid knowledge of HDMI and MHL technologies
Solid knowledge of DLNA CVP2 certification process
Provide knowledge to W3C on testing and specifications related to HTML5
Solid understanding of DTCP encrypted MP4 DASH content
Also known as Vidipath = RUI = DLNA CVP2 = CEA-2014B and mandated by the FCC for cable operators June 2015.

W3C Org overview of CEA-2014 Remote UI function for integration into the Home-Network

Top Bottom