• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Much Would You Pay for Morpheus?

Liberty4all

Banned
How much do you expect to pay for Morpheus? Would you pay extra for a bundle including Move controllers and camera?

$199 US is the magic number for me personally although I fully expect it to be 50 dollars more here in Canada.

HUELEN10

349.99 is what I see it as with controllers. As for me, even after eventually getting a PS4, I would not buy it; wrong way to do immersion IMO and it's just not for me.

BigMoose

Neo Member
$200 sounds pretty low to be honest. I'd be surprised if it sold for under $300 at all, especially with a bundle like you're talking about.

I guess I would go for $200.

Really depends what Oculus costs though. I give Oculus preference, would pay $400-500 for that, and wouldn't waste my time buying both.

SerTapTap

$300, hoping for $200 though. Not expecting much less. Hoping they go for quality over price, within reason. A cheap but crappy experience would be far less exciting for me.

pastrami

Around $300, assuming it is a good VR headset and is also usable on PC. If it's not price and feature competitive with Oculus Rift, it'll be an easy pass for me.

Alexlf

I'd like to pay $199 for a bundle at the absolute most, although it will probably come out at closer to $300-400. I really can't see them selling at a loss in their current situation.

Then again, maybe the research/production already done for the move tech might drop the price some.

I'll probably end up buying it if it's anything under $400 though, since I really want to support the VR industry.

DieH@rd

Banned
I already have the PS4 camera, so €200 max.

However, because GT7/pCARS is the main driver for mine purchase of VR, I would have to have full G27 support on PS4 also.

I will get CK1/CK2 anyhow, Morpheus will mostly be my secondary GT7 accessory [+maybe for some other exclusives].

JCX

Eh I was thinking $100. Really depends on how compelling the software is though. I'd pay $200 for Morepheus + No Man's Sky bundle (if NMS supports it)

small44

100k-150k it mean i won't buy it at launch because it will probably be the double of that and it's understandable

Future

50 bucks. Maybe 100 if they can show me some uses beyond novelty games here and there. I can't see paying more than say a playstation eye or kinect

Freeman

Banned
Maximum of 300$ for the complete package with 2 move controllers and the camera. I really hope that they offer support for PC or else I'll likely just get the one from Valve or the OR.

Schryver

Depends on the games/experiences that it supports but probably $200 max unless there is an incredible 1st party game that requires it

It would really depend on platform adoption and the amount of games that support it. If it works across at least PS4 and PC with a fair number of good titles that utilize it, I'd consider spending around $150-200. If it's proprietary to Sony tech though then I'll pass.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
200 is crazy low, 299 seems more realistic.

WITHE1982

£200 or less for the base unit and I'd be inclined to buy day 1.

Any more than that and It'll be a "wait and see how it pans out".

I refuse to spend more than the cost of a new console on a periphery (albeit a rather good one)

Top Bottom