• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine E3 2016 trailer

StereoVsn

No, I think it's a steal. I've paid $50 for old DS rpgs, and this easily looks better than any of those.

I think actually a $19.99 price with 20% release discount would be better and allows more room for further sales (i.e. 50% sale at $9.99 in say November or Winter sales). If we are really talking about a full blown 15-25 hours (I'd probably take 30 since I take my time at these things) then with the demonstrated production values, $14.99 is possibly "too low".

JCG

As yet another Kickstarter backer, the game is looking pretty damn good.

Full of appeals to nostalgia yet not necessarily dragged down to the point of stagnation. .

kswiston

I think actually a $19.99 price with 20% release discount would be better and allows more room for further sales (i.e. 50% sale at $9.99 in say November or Winter sales). If we are really talking about a full blown 15-25 hours (I'd probably take 30 since I take my time at these things) then with the demonstrated production values, $14.99 is possibly "too low".

I think indie devs have to be careful with their pricing given the amount of competition on Steam. $14.99 seems like the right price point.

Yeah, we actually ended up redoing some of the early visuals (like some of Alyssa's attacks) to make them match up better. Our next game is going to be so amazing with all the stuff we've learned on this one.

Cosmic Star Heroine is already going to be amazing :)! But yeah, also looking forward to what you can achieve with your next project! I know the progress of redoing/polishing the first batch of graphics - also makes for nice comparisons to see how far the skillsets have improved. Very satisfying.

Dark_castle

I honestly think this game looks way more interesting than I Am Setsuna while being retro inspired. Well done Zeboyd Games.

Cornbread78

Just showed this trailer to the kid at the Game Stop in the mall during a general chat about jrpgs and now he's psyched for it, lol.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Been waiting for this one ever since it was first announced. Excited to see how far along it's come... here's hoping for a nice, solid adventure that lives up to its inspirations.

ctothej

I hope people don't see this as just another "retro RPG." Obviously it has a 16-bit presentation (for budget reasons), but if you've followed Zeboyd Games you know they have a very modern take on gameplay. When it comes to their battle system, character upgrade system, etc., this should feel as modern as any turn-based 2016 RPG.

Mikey Jr.

My only worry is the 11 characters.

When you start introducing that many, you lose a lot of depth for the characters. Would have preferred 6 for instance, but really focus on those 6. Make them memorable.

We'll see. Haven't played the game yet obviously, but this kinda of stuff always worries me, especially for an indie game.

My only worry is the 11 characters.

When you start introducing that many, you lose a lot of depth for the characters. Would have preferred 6 for instance, but really focus on those 6. Make them memorable.

We'll see. Haven't played the game yet obviously, but this kinda of stuff always worries me, especially for an indie game.

I don't know. I mean, Final Fantasy VI had A LOT of party members, but I thought they were all pretty memorable. Even Umaro is hard to forget.

notaskwid

Usually I wait for a sale (psplus, bundles) for this 'kind' of game, but since it's coming to Vita a PS4 day one with cross buy, I'll be there! Congrats on the great looking game too!

Of course, it helps that it is a full blown jrpg like game!

Fun little tidbit - we were talking to some of our contacts at Sony and they said that they've rarely seen such a positive response to a pixel art game on their channels. :)
Maybe because it looks so good! Can't wait, kinda want to get a Vita to play during lunch breaks.

Is that a FFX-style battle system I saw in there? so good.gif

PS2 Addict

Neo Member
Hey Robert let me pass you my congrats on this project! CSH looks great and the trailer is just awesome! Can't wait to have the game in my hands.

Is there any official release date yet? I mean, Summer 2016 is good, but I'd love to have the game with me the 10th July rather than 31st August :D. At least give us something more concrete... July or August?

Also, do you know how big will the time gap be between the videogame release in PSN and the Limited Run Games physical edition?

BTW, I think it's the first time in my life I can properly say to the actual developer "Shut up and take my money!"

ekurisona

Robert

Someone asked in a Reddit thread I made for the new trailer if PC meant Steam.

I did a search and found an old Gaf post you made about GOG rejecting you guys and it not being worth the time and effort to release outside of Steam for PC - is that still the case?

Thx

Robert

Someone asked in a Reddit thread I made for the new trailer if PC meant Steam.

I did a search and found an old Gaf post you made about GOG rejecting you guys and it not being worth the time and effort to release outside of Steam for PC - is that still the case?

Thx

Right now, we're signed up with Steam & Humble Store. GOG is a very different place now than it was back when we released CSTW (when they were very strict about only doing old games) so we could probably get on there now if we want to.

Giolon

Wow, I did not think much of the game from seeing it's screenshots in the past, but the animation, and music in that trailer were ace. It's like somebody found a kind of lost 16-bit Chrono Trigger / Deus Ex crossover knock-off JRPG.

Well, consider me interested now.

HyperDuckSW

Neo Member
Lost my old account (sorry for the necro) but wanted to pop in and say thanks to everybody for the kind words about the trailer music :) Can't wait to show you more!

Cheers!

zhixson

Looks a little rough around the edges, but charming as hell and the music is fantastic. Definitely grabbing this one!

Shai-Tan

Banned
My Vita has been lying dormant but I'll definitely buy this when it comes out. It might give me some motivation to finish Final Fantasy X which has been taking up too much room (not even going to get into Trails in the Sky which has been sitting in suspend on my psp since the week it released). I can only buy games with PSN cards so I tend to wait until there's $50 worth of games I want to buy (looking to get Axiom Verge, Steamworld Heist, this, and maybe Curse of the Necrodancer.. will buy another $50 card when Darkest Dungeon comes out)

I sent off some stuff to Humble Store today to get the preorder page setup. I'll post when it's up.

Also, the Sony press conference is in a little over 5 hours. I don't know if they'll use the trailer or any of the gameplay footage we sent them, but I'm crossing my fingers for a cool indie sizzle reel inclusion.

Top Bottom