• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(@ ´ `)b Dragon Poker thread of ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH (iOS/Android, JP) d( ´ `@)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Two questions about the Coliseum:

1. What does it mean during the lobby portion of the Coliseum, when you're gathering players, when the name plates are gold?

2. I'm assuming when we're ranked, that we're in small blocks of people in the same league? Because I find it hard to believe I'm ranking 3rd right now overall.

Within each league you get sorted into groups of 100 players, and you're ranked based on those pools rather than the overall league.

Gold plate means you're in the top 30 players, silver means middle 40, bronze means bottom 30, black means CPU.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ok, so, based on the conditions for promotion, as long as I maintain a gold plate/stay within the top 30, I should be able to advance to the next league when this is over.

Welp, used up all my tickets, but looks like I've maintained 3rd again. Hopefully no one tries to overtake me until the next ticket reset.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Day 2 of the tourneys, and I have managed to snag first place in my block (for now).

So, another question about the Coliseum, what do the three attacks/specials symbols that they show in the middle of the Coliseum page mean? (the ones right above the rankings, but right below the "What is the Coliseum?" section)

I'm noticing that they definitely change, but no idea what they represent? Is it a bonus or a restriction?

They determine which attacks are supereffective, unlike in PvE where weaknesses are determined on a per-monster basis. You may notice that the selected attributes tend to overlap with the weekend selected gacha mobs.

Emalde

1 Year Anniversary Event~! Introducing the new Goddess Fairy, which is a whopping 40% skill up chance from SL4 onwards.

BnrI7xQIAAAaUa_.jpg

Log in every day for the next 10 days to receive one for free, along with some complimentary stones.

Judging from the picture, it also seems like we're going to be able to get a free SS card from the following: Garnet, Hellhound, Coyote, Walrus, Orca, Pinoko, Wind Tiger, Gorilla, Monkey King.

E: http://i.imgur.com/3qIKOzp.png

The better picks from that list are Coyote, Wind Tiger, and Gorilla for attackers (IMO), and Pinoko for being a healer. However, all of them are really good as sub cards for different existing SS cards as well, so feel free to ask opinions before you make your choice.

Emalde

E: SS starters have been enabled. It's actually just a new player promotion. Between today and June 7th, any new accounts can redeem one of the 9 new starters like this. You pick it up from the gift box on the home screen.

Quoting this to bring it back up now that Ranmaru has a GOD tier evolution, and it's really good, good enough to put him next to or even above Lancelot on this list. Lancelot has a baseline amount that is relatively high, but Ranmaru can hit up to 6 times for extreme damage after modifiers.

Hmmmm. I'm torn between the Wind Tiger and Gorilla. Pros and cons?

Gorilla is really strong and is easy(easier, anyway) to get subcards for. Wind Tiger is a decent elemental attacker on GOD, but also a really good pocket subcard for things like Housemech or the upcoming Isis card next weekend.

Issun23

Started playing this yesterday. How does the referrer ID thing works exactly? I tried entering sorakirosaki's ID but it didn't work.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Gorilla is really strong and is easy(easier, anyway) to get subcards for. Wind Tiger is a decent elemental attacker on GOD, but also a really good pocket subcard for things like Housemech or the upcoming Isis card next weekend.

Gorilla it is.

BTW, I've managed to get enough swimsuits for blue and green to upgrade one each, but it's giving the message that the card i'm trying to upgrade isn't max level.

So, is there a max level? I thought we've established there wasn't any? How do I upgrade these cards then?

Gorilla it is.

BTW, I've managed to get enough swimsuits for blue and green to upgrade one each, but it's giving the message that the card i'm trying to upgrade isn't max level.

So, is there a max level? I thought we've established there wasn't any? How do I upgrade these cards then?

Don't they start at level 1 and have a 30 level cap?

Saprol

What should I be doing to level up my cards? I've seen just a few maroons in today's 4* 24/48 STP weekly dungeons.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
What should I be doing to level up my cards? I've seen just a few maroons in today's 4* 24/48 STP weekly dungeons.

The standard way is you would normally wait for the weekend dungeons to kick in, go to the Club Bad Girls section, and do the Gem dungeons.

Those weekly dungeons are mainly there for you to get the rings for the evos.

I believe as an alternative, you can also use the current event dungeons, but how well that works out depends on the dungeon. The current Lino dungeon is about to end. Its not as good as the one before it, the Milion dugeons, which were pretty damn awesome for leveling up monsters. But the Lino dungeons were ok because they were at least still marginally better than just feeding with regular monsters.

The next event coming up is called Pharos? Do we have any info on that one?

Cursed Pharaoh, to go along with Horus and Anubis (and Bastet and Isis next week presumably, according to data miners). It's a brand new dungeon so details about it are scarce. Crossing my fingers for a "new-style" event dungeon like the past few first-run special events have been.

This was also apparently data mined from the last update. What could it be~
cg7BwRu.png

Emalde

Cursed Pharaoh, to go along with Horus and Anubis (and Bastet and Isis next week presumably, according to data miners). It's a brand new dungeon so details about it are scarce. Crossing my fingers for a "new-style" event dungeon like the past few first-run special events have been.

It is indeed Score-Attack style. It works exactly like Cronos, where the main dungeon is two waves of monster + 2 feeders (which can be R/G/B this time), and the boss wave is three waves of 3 mobs to build score, but you only have one turn per wave to kill each monster in this phase. Then Pharaoh pops out, who is weak to both seal and taunt. Not sure if he has a category weakness yet.

Bastet is one of the DRA monsters available this time though.

Pharaoh:
Active - Fire Element attack with a chance to inflict Paralyze or Poison or Stone.
Sub - When equipped to A, 15% skill boost for active card, and 20% status resistance. (Very good for Support Aces)

Bastet:
Active - Claw Attack that can have High or Low Damage (non-multihit blinguin skill?)
Sub - 20% unconditional boost to claw attacks.

E: this is actually the worst dungeon the game has ever had, specifically because it spits in our faces. Every turn, Pharaoh will lock out two hand types (or only one if you managed to inflict him with seal/taunt/blind) and you have approximately half a second to catch the entire string of what it was he blocked.

Right. On 12* and lower, he only locks out one hand type and if you status him, he doesn't lock any hands. On 16* and up, it's 2 hands/1 when statused.

Ah, okay. I was wondering why all of our hands were getting past if he locked down two, turns out it's just one.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah they did another oopies where the event gacha was acting like the REM for certain users instead. These developers.

Oh ok. I thought my game was borked or something. Earlier, I was able to get on, for like... a minute. Then I had something to do, so I turned the game off. Then I went back to it a few minutes later, and the maintenance message was up.

So concerning the locked hands thing: I havent played it yet, so I'm assuming you mean that he yells out "FLUSH" or "THREE OF A KIND" and you can't use those hands, or does it get more complicated, like "DON'T USE GIRLS" or "NO HEALERS"?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Man, maintenance took forever. They gave us a lot of shards for the trouble though.

Anyway, tried out the Pharaoh dungeon, it doesn't really seem to be that hard? Since its a point rush kind of event dungeon (like the Million Dungeon), seems like a good place to level up yourself. As for the feeders it drops, the regular scarabs (R) are 450xp/300xp, not awesome like the feeders from the Million dungeon, but at least they're feeders.

So when you get to the actual Pharaoh, I was assuming he'd actually yell out the hands (actual voice clip). Instead, looks like he spits out some text? If they're suppose to be what hands he's cursing, they're all written in kanji (the hard to read Japanese text that's Chinese), so unless you're fluent, you're going to need to learn those characters by heart. (I can't really read kanji that well)

Maybe someone can put up a quick and dirty translation of all the text he spews out?

EDIT: Oh nvm, Cosmo came through. :p What is that Cosmo? Something we have to run in android?

EDIT 2: Nvm again, found the program to open it.

Finally, looks like I have enough to either buy the Pharaoh or Bastet, any recommendations as to which one is better? I'm leaning towards Bastet, btw.

Bastet has waifu power but seems really really bad unless we're missing something about her.

Pharaoh has a really boss sub ability and is a passable main too?

Emalde

So when you get to the actual Pharaoh, I was assuming he'd actually yell out the hands (actual voice clip). Instead, looks like he spits out some text? If they're suppose to be what hands he's cursing, they're all written in kanji (the hard to read Japanese text that's Chinese), so unless you're fluent, you're going to need to learn those characters by heart. (I can't really read kanji that well)

Finally, looks like I have enough to either buy the Pharaoh or Bastet, any recommendations as to which one is better? I'm leaning towards Bastet, btw.

He drops them in Katakana, the kanji you're looking at is him chanting the curse itself. The hand he curses is at the end of that string, but I don't blame you for not being able to notice since it's only on display for literally .5 seconds.

Pharaoh and Bastet are both pretty much dedicated sub cards. Scroll up and read my post to see what they do. Pharaoh is almost a must-have for anybody running Skill Link ace cards, Bastet is mostly a good attacker for new players without a full lineup of SS greens that can then transition into a sub-card for a better claw attacker later.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
He drops them in Katakana, the kanji you're looking at is him chanting the curse itself. The hand he curses is at the end of that string, but I don't blame you for not being able to notice since it's only on display for literally .5 seconds.

Pharaoh and Bastet are both pretty much dedicated sub cards. Scroll up and read my post to see what they do. Pharaoh is almost a must-have for anybody running Skill Link ace cards, Bastet is mostly a good attacker for new players without a full lineup of SS greens that can then transition into a sub-card for a better claw attacker later.

Dammit, I'm not even seeing the Katakana part (and I can actually read Katakana/Hiragana), so its equally frustrating.

Hmm... I do have an ACE that's a Skill Link... leaning a little more towards Pharaoh now.
But I like waifu material...

Oh well, I'll wait a while. I'm in no hurry to add them to my deck.

It's a flash card program. Free on PC, paid app on iOS, and there's an open source port on Android.

Yeah, found the program. But now that I see what the cards are (katakana) I don't really need it, since I can actually read katakana. :p

Yeah what he'll do is some damaging attack, then the curse (which ends in ... I think), then names the hands that get cursed, then the "status effect" animation plays.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hey... y'know how when you give feeders to monsters, you get extra XP as long as they're the same color as the monster you're feeding them to?

Has anyone noticed that XP values DOUBLE if you're feeding them to a SSS rank monster? Its not explicity stated in the mini-guide, so was wondering if this was common knowledge.

Emalde

Hey... y'know how when you give feeders to monsters, you get extra XP as long as they're the same color as the monster you're feeding them to?

Has anyone noticed that XP values DOUBLE if you're feeding them to a SSS rank monster? Its not explicity stated in the mini-guide, so was wondering if this was common knowledge.

Yeah, after level 60 you get double exp to account for the massive spike in the curve. Don't ask why they didn't just have a smaller curve, though.

Big numbers make big smiles, maybe.

I'd like some more advice if you gurus would not mind, ain't in any rush so I'll ask it here. Are Horus, Anubis and soon to come Isis worth blowing some stones to get? Got 92 stocked up and my team line-up looks pretty terrible on the blue and red ends with green holding it down thanks to big man gorilla. I've also had the unfortunate privilege of having cat god flip-the-fuck-out and link a support for 1 damage on all targets more then once, so I think he'll have to be replaced with something that isn't so frustrating. Not to mention that skill damage is pretty ass, but he is justified a spot on this team only because he has stats.

pdoYSbo.png

A picture for ants of my team - shot from space.

If you haven't realized it yet Cat God does nothing unless certain combinations of Battle Cats are equipped as sub cards. That's what his skill icon represents.

Anyways your red is definitely your weak point at the moment. Horus and Anubis are pretty good - while not PVP Top Tier like Belphegor or Blinguin, they're not bad.

Speaking of which I've been mulling putting together a tier list to help answer the "should I roll this weekend?" question that always comes up, but it's pretty low priority at the moment. If there's significant interest I'll get cracking on it sooner.

Also, if I've missed inviting anybody here to the English group chat let us know and we'll fix it.

Antialias

I would be very interested in a "when should I roll' list. I still don't have any serious attackers, just a bunch of decent support / status cards. Something like a Tsukuyomi would be a godsend right now.

Current lineup -
lineup.png

If you haven't realized it yet Cat God does nothing unless certain combinations of Battle Cats are equipped as sub cards. That's what his skill icon represents.

Anyways your red is definitely your weak point at the moment. Horus and Anubis are pretty good - while not PVP Top Tier like Belphegor or Blinguin, they're not bad.

Speaking of which I've been mulling putting together a tier list to help answer the "should I roll this weekend?" question that always comes up, but it's pretty low priority at the moment. If there's significant interest I'll get cracking on it sooner.

Also, if I've missed inviting anybody here to the English group chat let us know and we'll fix it.

I have a cat on him now but I still feel stupid as hell when he flips for one damage, so I want to feel less dumb and get a better card in his place.

As for the chart, I'd like to have a chart like that to help me get use to more of the cards and their usefulness if pulled. While it would be nice to have it soon, I'm in no real rush myself as I'm fine getting by for now and my stone collection keeps growing. And a bit of a for fun thing, I think I'm also going to start logging my pulls in Dragon Poker, like I'm doing now in Puzzles and Dragons.

Edit: So we just got a Royal Straight Flush on the event boss, killed him twice somehow and blinded him, got two +140 points. He was dead but the blind cloud was still up and he had some HP left, we killed him again for another +140 points. Results come up and turns out we never killed him and only got 1000 points for a 340 score, balls.

Emalde

As for the chart, I'd like to have a chart like that to help me get use to more of the cards and their usefulness if pulled.

I'll work on one over the next couple of nights. The first draft will just rate them by pvp/pve effectiveness with ability summaries, would anybody prefer any other forms of ratings per monster?

I'll work on one over the next couple of nights. The first draft will just rate them by pvp/pve effectiveness with ability summaries, would anybody prefer any other forms of ratings per monster?

Just having any form of that would be amazing and a great service.

Emalde

A major update was just announced that is changing a lot of how the base game mechanics currently function (which means the in-progress tier list is now already outdated and we'll have to wait to experiment with the new features before it's valid):

• Seal now completely shuts down Skill Link cards and cannot just be SG'd through by them
    This means Seal is now a top-tier PVP status affliction and a very annoying one to run into during PVE.
  • New "Agility" (proper name pending) stat for cards, specifically to affect accuracy/hit rate
    This has the potential to make a lot of subpar cards suddenly much better (Percival, Kay, Vermouth, etc), or to make a lot of cards that exist now really bad
  • Attack/Defense Up/Down are now permanent and are receiving a slight change
    Part of this update is being able to tap your nameplate and check your status. Included in that is a now clear indicator of how many stacks of Attack/Def Up/Down you have as +1/-1 etc. Buffs stacking always existed as far as we can tell, it was just amazingly ambiguous.

Emalde

Game is up, roll on any color because it's all super amazing and we don't know what it will look like this time tomorrow due to it being a rotating festival.

Also maybe hang on to your fairies if you decide to whale, because they evolve into Goddess fairies now which are more useful for your better cards than perhaps what you roll out of it in the current attempts.

Top Bottom