• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Last Of Us’: Isabela Merced Cast As Dina In Season 2 Of HBO Series

Draugoth

Gold Member
Isabela-Merced.jpg

Isabela Merced has joined the cast of HBO‘s The Last of Us. She is the last of three major additions for the upcoming second season of the post-apocalyptic drama based on the video game of the same name developed by Naughty Dog for PlayStation. The other two are recently cast Kaitlyn Dever as Abby and Young Mazino as Jesse.

Merced will play Dina, Ellie’s new romantic interest and Jesse’s ex. Dina is a free-wheeling spirit whose devotion to Ellie will be tested by the brutality of the world they inhabit.

“Dina is warm, brilliant, wild, funny, moral, dangerous and instantly lovable,” said Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann, The Last of Us‘ co-creators, writers, executive producers and directors. “You can search forever for an actor who effortlessly embodies all of those things, or you can find Isabela Merced right away. We couldn’t be prouder to have her join our family.”

Via Deadline

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
TV director threw a dart during the hiring process.

At least Pedro Pascal looks pretty close to Joel. He doesn't look as stocky and his facial hair isn't as thick and scruffy, but pretty close. The 3 ladies look nothing like the game one bit.

Last edited:

gtabro

In a world where representation and giving people of different than white ethnicities appropriate roles is so important to so many... that's the one case I'll jump in between them and ask isn't Dina somewhat Middle Eastern? Even she isn't, I can't see this actress evoking the image of Dina purely based on looks... But Ellie looks nothing like the games either so we'll see I guess...

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Some people behind this show must have been like " we gotta gotten this up for season 2"

Every casting so far is very attractive...and I'm fine with it.

Elysium44

Banned
Very excited for the whole new fanbase to turn against Drunkman after this season.

They won't, because this uglified version of Ellie isn't very likeable like the real one is. And the new beautiful version of Abby will be made very likeable in the TV show, no doubt.

Basically the epic miscasting of Ellie has profoundly ruined the whole thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom